Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Teacher fired for writing "Pepe the Frog" book

A Teacher at a Middle school in Denton TX has been fired for writing a Childrens book about Pepe the Frog.

Eric Hauser, author of “The Adventures of Pepe and Pede,” was removed from his position as assistant principal at Rodriguez Middle School on Monday, Denton ISD said in a news release. His new role is yet to be determined, but he will no longer be in an administrative or educator role at the middle school, which was set to open Wednesday for its first year on the east side of Denton.

The book is about Pepe and his best friend Pede the centpede who unite as one as they fight to restore law and order, and bring freedom back
    to Wishington Farm. This is an adventurous tale for all ages packed with patriotic prominence

The baddie character is a bearded Alligator named " Alkah" who Pepe & Pede try to run out of town for causing disturbances and bringing
    bad things to Wishington Farm..

Dunno why the teacher has been reprimanded.. This sounds like a good Childrens book..
    So much for freedom of speech.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...167286147.html

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/educ...ring-pepe-frog

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...childrens-book

10+ Year Old Account
    The author is a little bit on the nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I have a feeling some details have been conveniently left out...

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Or it's just full of not so subtle dogwhistling. I mean, look at this part:

The baddie character is a bearded Alligator named " Alkah" who Pepe & Pede try to run out of town for causing disturbances and bringing
    bad things to Wishington Farm..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Or it's just full of not so subtle dogwhistling. I mean, look at this part:
    Well, did the gator have any sort of headwear?

Maybe you should post a link to them for us?

its a friggen children's book, in a style that has been used for god knows how long in children's books.

People always want to take a chance to turn EVERYTHING into something it is NOT, that is one of the biggest issues with humans today is trying to make mountains out of mole hills.

Once again, someone who doesn't understand what freedom of speech actually means.

So a teacher wrote an islamophobic children's book and got fired and I should care why?

Motherfucker tries to crash the rare pepe market he lives with those choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some more pictures in the motherboard article that you totally have to check out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The book is just full of bigoted allegories. But that isn't even why he was fired. He was fired because his job, as assistant principal, is to help the school administer things. And this kind of press and outcry makes it difficult for him to do so, and distracts from his ability to do his job properly. The firing had nothing to do with the content of the book, as objectionable as it might be on its own (lack of) merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    There are some more pictures in the motherboard article that you totally have to check out.
    Christ and Allah.

Yeah, this guy deserved his termination.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Maybe you should post a link to them for us?
    I did say that I had a feeling. Never said I couldn't be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    People always want to take a chance to turn EVERYTHING into something it is NOT, that is one of the biggest issues with humans today is trying to make mountains out of mole hills.
    I'd really like you to quote what exactly I've said to make this children's book a "tool of the demon" or whatever it may be you implied I turned it into.

Well, did the gator have any sort of headwear?
    There is a picture of "Alkah" the Alligator in this link

I tried to post the image but couldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    There is a picture of "Alkah" the Alligator in this link

I tried to post the image but couldn't

Oh. Well with that pic, I will agree that subtlety has gone right out the window. He should've known this wouldn't fly.

I did say that I had a feeling. Never said I couldn't be wrong.

I'd really like you to quote what exactly I've said to make this children's book a "tool of the demon" or whatever it may be you implied I turned it into.
    If you noticed I said "people" not "you" .

The first part of my post was directly aimed at you, the second part was a more general batch of statements, sorry that was a bit hard to follow....

Ah this is hilarious, well done, fun to watch them all get their panties up in a bunch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Ah this is hilarious, well done, fun to watch them all get their panties up in a bunch!
    You're aware that that's bordering on a modern equivalent to this, right?

lmao what a genius, seems a lot of effort though.

all he had to do was paint a beautiful picture of Mohammad.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You're aware that that's bordering on a modern equivalent to this, right?
    That's hilarious too, don't take life to seriously buddy!