Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Does he live in Sweden still though?

I don't think it's a far stretch that he could have missed the news.
    Unless he's past 50, I strongly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    And still säpo had the left with antifa and the likes as biggest threat to swedish democracy a while back. But yes we have problems with both groups and i think islamic terrorism have the top spot atm.
    Quite correct, and they have since issued statements that painting the fringe left as the greatest threat was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And that underscores the problem; your position is based on a complete and deliberate lack of any sense of empathy whatsoever. What you're talking about aren't "jokes". They're attacks. You don't mind them because they don't hurt you, personally.

It's only a "joke" if people find it funny, rather than horrible and hurtful.
    its a joke if ANYONE finds it funny. theres a huge difference between attacks and jokes, attacks are only attacks if it comes from a place of malice. its generally pretty easy to tell when someone is being malicious or is telling a joke.

like the difference between Daniel tosh saying a mexican joke and kramer calling everyone niggers.

im jewish, ive dealt with antisemites all my life although my family was never extremely religious (i celebrated christmas and hannukah) so it was easier to hide that fact from most people.

its very easy to tell the difference between someone being malicious or laughing "At me" versus people making a harmless joke.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    With every joke and laugh there's a little sorrow somewhere in the world. That's why we don't joke about certain things. How fun is it when you're the one being bullied? Might have something to do with why Pewds suddenly wised up... (finally fuck)
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    That rally got violent only because left wing extremists attacked them tbh
    Sure kid, believe whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    So bulies, for example, are just very good comedians?
    bullies are usually bad comedians, as their jokes come from a place of ill intent which immediately gives the jokes a sense of desperation and a weird obsessive undertone. occasionally a bully might make a really funny joke but most of their jokes are simple repetitive catchphrases like "penis parker"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Nah fuck bullies but they usually do more then making some jokes.
    They usually make a lot of jokes over a long time that they find "funny". People have taken their lives without receiving any physical blow what so ever. It's useful to know the difference between an insult and a joke, if you don't want to be socially inept.

You know, the best way to kill Nazism is to make it an utter living joke. To make the idea not feared or even remotely acceptable. But to make it so ridiculous that it makes you an utter joke to identify as such. Why do people find Nazi jokes funny? Because the best way to get over dark concepts in life is through laughter.

People will only give it power if we begin to fear the title of Nazi. People see that fear and become the face they see in their nightmares. When you laugh at it, make it joke. It no longer phases you. If you continue to give nazi identifying people that power, the more it becomes relevant and accepted as a group. And the more you screech like harpies about how evil they are, and even grouping in people whom are innocent. the more Nazi's we're going to be seeing.,

I laugh at nazis because if I keep fearing them, the more prevalent they'll become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    So, the muhammed drawings where abuse then? Since the majority of the muslim population got their feelings hurt?
    Or Monty python when they made fun of crucifixion and Jesus in life of Brian?

And the fact that you try to make "bad words" equal to theft is hilarious, even coming from you.
    Well that might very well depend on who's being made fun of, see when you make fun of Romans you really aren't attacking people who have no real power and are traditionally attacked, same with many other targets.

And in the the case of Mel Brooks he never attacked the plight of others who he seen as having a history of already being targets for ridicule and racism. Sure other black comedians have, but again depends on the perspective.

It also depends on where.

I don't agree with walking on egg shells for any religion so to speak, but I am not going to be naive to say, I know well enough the plight of say the Northern Irish, to make a bunch of Jokes about them or their culture either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Or maybe you just dont have a sense of humor at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Or maybe you don't actually get why someone else's pain isn't funny just because YOU don't experience it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    You know, the best way to kill Nazism is to make it an utter living joke. To make the idea not feared or even remotely acceptable. But to make it so ridiculous that it makes you an utter joke to identify as such. Why do people find Nazi jokes funny? Because the best way to get over dark concepts in life is through laughter.

People will only give it power if we begin to fear the title of Nazi. People see that fear and become the face they see in their nightmares. When you laugh at it, make it joke. It no longer phases you. If you continue to give nazi identifying people that power, the more it becomes relevant and accepted as a group. And the more you screech like harpies about how evil they are, and even grouping in people whom are innocent. the more Nazi's we're going to be seeing.,

I laugh at nazis because if I keep fearing them, the more prevalent they'll become.
    But you wouldn't make jokes about the recent terrorist attacks in Europe for example. It's not funny because it's relevant. With the rise of white supremacy movements again, the holocaust becomes all the more relevant. We're at a point where a lot of people don't know if telling a joke about killing jews is actually a joke, or a gloryfing of that behavior (not necessarily against jews).

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    "Jokes" yeah ok. The dude knew he was trolling, got slapped down by his sponsors for it, and now wants to feign ignorance? I call bullshit. He's a slimy talentless piece of shit looking to get his cash cow back. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I highly doubt he cares about the money. In 2015 alone he earned 12 million dollars and I can't imagine his expenses are all that high. He's 110% set for life with the amount of money he has.

On topic, I see where Pewdiepie is coming from, but I disagree with his conclusion. Nazis are real. That makes it more important to joke about them, not less. Nazis need to be satirized into oblivion imo. Besides that humor is how people cope with things. When you stare into the face of death you only have two options. You can either laugh or cry like a little bitch.

Jokes are jokes, I wouldn't stop doing them, specially since they are general and about no particular person.

Not to mention that this will probably give some people the impression that they have power over him and others that he cucked, so I don't see positive outcome out of this.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

You will nazi me not making nazi jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    But you wouldn't make jokes about the recent terrorist attacks in Europe for example. It's not funny because it's relevant. With the rise of white supremacy movements again, the holocaust becomes all the more relevant. We're at a point where a lot of people don't know if telling a joke about killing jews is actually a joke, or a gloryfing of that behavior (not necessarily against jews).
    Actually, I would over time. Because my empathy is bumming me out. 9/11 jokes? Sensitive subject but now there's shit ton of jokes about it. You can shrug it off all you want, or accuse I won't laugh now. But I sure as hell will later on. Since there's already cycling jokes of the pulse night shooting.

Comedy is a coping mechanism. And if you can't laugh at shit that is tragic. then you're not really healing or moving on, are you?

This guy's need for attention is insatiable...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its a joke if ANYONE finds it funny. theres a huge difference between attacks and jokes, attacks are only attacks if it comes from a place of malice. its generally pretty easy to tell when someone is being malicious or is telling a joke.
    So when the school bully holds your head in the toilet and half-drowns you, while his buddy pisses on your head, and they're both laughing, that's "just a joke" because they both found it funny?

Yeah, no. That's a ridiculous metric.

nazis are not a real thing, nazis in america arent even 1% of the population
    marxists and insane BLM revolutionaires on the other hand.....

From one of the best comedies ever made by one of the best comedic directors of all time who happened to be Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Does he live in Sweden still though?

I don't think it's a far stretch that he could have missed the news.
    No one in scandinavia missed breivik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So when the school bully holds your head in the toilet and half-drowns you, while his buddy pisses on your head, and they're both laughing, that's "just a joke" because they both found it funny?

Yeah, no. That's a ridiculous metric.
    no, thats assault, at best, a prank.

do you not understand what a joke is endus? a joke is a something thats written or said, a meme is a picture, a prank is anything that involves physical people outside of scripted film

Whodiepie?
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb