Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well it's great you can throw around meaningless labels and then compare two things that aren't alike together. I honestly find it lovely when people that don't know where things come from have no idea or appreciation for the process of knowledge point fingers and say meaningless obvious shit that typical moderates pop out of the wood work to day.

2 + 2 equals for, and just because you disagree with me, doesn't mean you agree with them. That is really irrelavant, as I said before you can't honestly not give a shit about anything and expect that some how your view is valid because you try to come of objective.

That is the best place for the dishonest and liars to rest, because in the end one never really has to risk anything, just sit on the side lines like a armchair quarter back talking a bout what they would have done.

I may hate people I disagree with from time to time but this flakey, wishy washy directionless alternative is basically death at best.

Yeah, I am not going to agree to disagree on fundamental values I have, because sometimes life is difficult or rather requires effort.
    You ever stop and think that centrist do have values? Those values being compromise between the two extremes for lasting governance?

The realization that WE ALL HAVE TO FUCKING LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY TOGETHER?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiravi View Post
    I call myself 'centre-left' so not sure not sure I want to know what that makes me in US terms. :P
    Left-wing commie extremist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most atm are trying to rationalize extremist behavior of white supremacists and concern trolling the left

I would say I'm moderate, after flirting with the Green Party for a bit. Both sides are constantly contradicting themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    So you basically make up bullshit words that don't mean anything like Classic fucking liberal, how about forget the god damn labels since they obviously mean nothing and just fucking say what you mean and mean what you say.

As far as your freedom of the individual being paramount, sounds like some meaningless bullshit often posted on someones Facebook when they couldn't actually be bothered with the details of serious issues, and instead of being an adult parrot something stupid.

Freedom of the individual, seriously what the fuck does that mean, give it some context, where the fuck do you think it comes from and where do you think that leads, and by comparison how is that in opposition to anything else or anyone else.

Especially seeing as how the majority over all according to fence sitters are too much over HERE or too much over there and fanatical?

Because honestly, I don't think you have the first clue what the fuck you are talking about,and you don't sound like you have any practical experience, because if you do, and I was being generous,THIS is why listening or hearing everybody else out is useless.

Especially those that have resigned to generally not give a shit and point fingers on issues they have no real stake in.
    http://www.chegg.com/homework-help/d...-liberalism-53

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post

Please tell me I'm not the only person concerned that our government and media are being overtaken by extremes on BOTH the left AND the right?
    I agree It's crazy how violent they are getting too!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post

Extremism makes people feel good, and that is what we are all primarily after, at the end of the day.
    He says it in his own humorous way, but boy is he right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nicest places in the world?
    I have a love for the Scandinavian and Slavic countryside, it's so peaceful and Finland is quite lovely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    And it's this hardline "Us or them" mentality is why people like me find you Regressives absolutely horrible.
    Sometimes it really is fucking US vs Them, do you think we are talking about who likes Vanilla who likes Chocolate Ice Cream?

Do you really think the issue is that fucking simple and some how you come along and figured it out while the rest haven't.

Here is a Notion how about EVERYBODY is fucking wrong on everything including yourself for the first time in history and as information and humanities connection happens nearly faster than the speed of light.

I am serious what then?

As for your horse shit regressive label you can keep it along with your Classical Liberal fucking nonsense, because like that and everything else you really have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Liberal Conservative, are meaningless without context and the perspective of where you are, so there is no fucking such thing as Classical Liberal or anything else. And as far as regressive, it again depends what you are regressive to as opposed to progressive for.

I am pretty god damn sure in the 30s Germany folks like your self would have called anybody warning about Hitler Regressive "Ah come on he just wants to make a few changes" Or how abut the 60's in the U.S the Civil Rights Era "This Dr King is a trouble maker, why can't people sit in the back of the bus or buy their own buses or Lunch counters"

You know because hell we need to progress as segregationist in some peoples eyes, yeah well fuck those people.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I enjoy how every meme on this subject portrays the "far left" as just a typical modern liberal, whilst contrasting them with an extreme "far right" example... Ignoring that there are actual fringe left elements in this country that are legitimately retarded.
    the difference however is that the "far left" fringe elements are seen as retarded by everyone including the left, are summarily ignored by anyone and everyone is any kind of a position of power socially or politically, and have no real tangible connection to the general abstract of liberalism.

conversely, the "far right" have directly elected representatives and their rhetoric is at least tacitly (if not implicitly) embraced by the political right when it's not being outright presented as legislation to be made into law.

so yeah there's extremist fringe elements on either side of the ideology spectrum, but only one side of that has any representation within the political system or the broader cultural zeitgeist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiravi View Post
    I call myself 'centre-left' so not sure not sure I want to know what that makes me in US terms. :P
    A total commie. Better wear your Che Guevara t-shirt when you travel to USA.

Unfortunately the extremes are the vocal minority in the age of unlimited internet and 24/7 for profit news.

So now we're stuck with the alt-right vs the regressive left. It's better to just tune most of it out as both sides are made up of idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can't make a coherent argument to you give me a link to the classical definition of whatever made up bullshit you cling to in order to buy that you are whatever it is that allows you to fence sit and call everyone else out.

Should I link you the definition to the word "Pokemon" because I am sure that has about as much meaning as Classical Liberal in any important sense.

Deleted

Extremism makes people feel good, and that is what we are all primarily after, at the end of the day.
    hahahaha holy shit, this clip is so relevant it actually hurts.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Are there any left in the United States or has everybody been forced to pick an extreme side? A

Are there still people out there that research candidates based on their records and not their political affiliation?

What about people that think the government can be more fiscally conservative AND also be socially liberal?

Do people think for themselves any more or do they just look up whether a person is a Republican or Democrat before deciding to agree or disagree with them?

Please tell me I'm not the only person concerned that our government and media are being overtaken by extremes on BOTH the left AND the right?
    The moderates are everywhere. Most are affiliated with the Democratic party at this point...and they larger fit the definition of your 3rd question if you take time to research what they actually put out. (Hint: you will have to look at actual legislation in lieu of the mainstream media 'he said, she said' "reporting"...in other words, actually do what you are asking in your 4th question)

In other words, your last question demonstrates that you have been fooled by a straw man argument / black and white fallacy argument.

Basically, there are no serious, large-scale left extremist groups in the US. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/u...-glossary.html

Researchers who study extremist groups in the United States say there is no such thing as the "alt-left." Mark Pitcavage, an analyst at the Anti-Defamation League, said the word had been made up to create a false equivalence between the far right and "anything vaguely left-seeming that they didn't like."
    As for myself, I am an independent voter who does do his research. While I have voted for Republicans in the past, it has been almost a decade since the last time I've done that. Because, in researching the issues and the candidates, I'm finding that the Republican candidates, for which I have the option to vote for, say one thing, but do very different, and typically bad, things...far more often than the Democratic candidates.

At this point, I have largely abandoned simple TV-based mass media as an information source beyond some event or another happened. They are about the drama, and not about the substance of the issues at hand. You will have to read large articles while thinking critically as even the best journalist slips from time to time.

Deleted

John Cleese needs to be spammed everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Left-wing commie extremist.

I said I didn't really want to know. :P

But yes, how does the US describe the present Labour party (if at all)? Seems like you would run out of leftist words? Uber-mega-commie-double-extremist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You ever stop and think that centrist do have values? Those values being compromise between the two extremes for lasting governance?

The realization that WE ALL HAVE TO FUCKING LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY TOGETHER?
    Yes, I have stopped to think if centrist have a values. They don't none that I have ever come across maybe a few but typically they are named Ted Kaczynski and they live in the woods and liked to send gifts through the male once upon a time and write stories.

Just another asshole who reduced his life to shitting in the woods with bears thought that everyone else really gave a shit about his view on a world he gave up on. Sound familiar?

Sometimes it really is fucking US vs Them, do you think we are talking about who likes Vanilla who likes Chocolate Ice Cream?
    Dunno, judging by how people react to Splatfests, questions like that are the really important ones.