Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It is a slightly better version of the sentinax nonsense. Not great, but for some will serve a purpose.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Man, who thought THIS was a good idea? Basically take a dungeon, and imagine an antisocial version of it. You can't solo it, but its 3 players (down from 5), you don't group up, you just kinda run around unorganized and do whatever and get loot. Is this an april fool's joke? I can't imagine a worse design. The game needs more social interaction, not less.
    You mean, they re-added something we've had before and that is a problem? I found the scenarios to be awesome, though I don't know the Legion ones yet.

Scenarios were hardly meant to be solo'd, it is an MMO after all.

What stops you from grouping up? Sounds more like personal problems.

I can't imagine a better design, 5-mans can be come too common and really, solo content should be minimal when coming to instances.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

how can you say "antisocial", "cant solo", "needs 3 people"...
    whats stopping u from grouping up? talking? socializing?

when you enter a dungeon do u say hello? how about a LFG raid?
    in LFR?

being social is up to you, blizz tries to help by making group content i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    915 gear and chance to target a legendary essentially. I mean at least the mobs are moderately challenging and most importantly it will break the tedium of the same fel broken zones again and again (though Mac'aree also does that). I just wish it had some tiny amount of lore about each world.
    It is a tool for alts and people that don't raid. This feature could go live today and many people just doing heroic ToS wouldn't need the gear they would just be doing them to see it. It could have been a way for them to drop hints about ideas they moved on from in the past making some invasion spots about older thoughts as a tribute almost or a way to chum the water for possible new things down the line. By doing the latter though they could have easily painted themselves into a corner with bad hints or easter eggs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post

in LFR?

It is clearly Blizzard's fault. If only they would reward people with gear for each /w,/i, /s or /p they did while in a group. You talked to 3 ppl for 2 minutes here is an 880 item. Forwarded a link to warcraft.com a 90% chance to titanforge gear for a day.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, who thought THIS was a good idea? Basically take a dungeon, and imagine an antisocial version of it. You can't solo it, but its 3 players (down from 5), you don't group up, you just kinda run around unorganized and do whatever and get loot. Is this an april fool's joke? I can't imagine a worse design. The game needs more social interaction, not less.
    That's assuming a dungeon was social to begin with, I don't recall talking to people while we all run through the dungeon pressing W and spamming AoE everywhere, don't even see the need for talking with such a dungeon mentality In place since Cataclysm.

I agree the game needs more social Interaction, but Legion Is not doing any of that. The game Itself hasn't since, surprise, cataclysm when the came discouraged such behaviour outdoors and In dungeons for the most part. Dungeons still had some difficulty and social aspect to them, but not much. Legion Is a casuals dream, that's blizzards plan, people come In, play a few months and ago. That's their and Legion's main playerbase now, It's heavily hardcore unfriendly If you stay any longer you realize how grindy and repetative the content Is so blizzard wants you to -not- play for that long apparently.

I remember making a lot of friends over one simple quest back In Wrath, the daily from the tournament where you took down a frost wyrm, depending on your group composition you had to take It down with one tactic or another (Or none at all If one of you was overgeared but that will always happen).

Blizzard doesn't have to make all of the quests group content, no that'd be very bad, just make one or two out of 10 quests group quests that encouraged social Interaction and working out a tactic depending which 2-4 group members that join, making use of your CC and utility abilities, cause If you claim there's a big class fantasy In Legion, well let us have that fantasy then. Cause so far I had a better class fantasy throught TBC and Wrath, hell even Vanilla. (RIp Divine Intervention)

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post

in LFR?

Where? There Is no group content to speak of that doesn't take 5 minutes and no brainfunction, sure you can tell me there Is group content somewhere, but does It take talking to eachother? Working out a strategy? Thinking about the encounter? Well no, Legion Is straightforward, gather random group, go spam abilities on boss, avoid generic fire on floor abilities, done.

EDIT: Also, Isn't this Idea taken straight outa Diablo 3 rifts or what they're called? Someone reminded me of that recently with the 7.3 PTR patch forgot to mention that.

Another sign that the Influence of the diablo 3 devs that migrated from Diablo 3 to WoW Is pretty strong, worryingly so because I don't like Diablo 3 In my WoW. The systems just don't gell well together, Diablo 3 esk features have clearly not worked In WoW so far. Those devs just need to get their new original Ideas out of their magic dev hat Instead of pulling on the same grandios Ideas they made In Diablo 3.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-08-17 at 05:18 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Where? There Is no group content to speak of that doesn't take 5 minutes and no brainfunction, sure you can tell me there Is group content somewhere, but does It take talking to eachother? Working out a strategy? Thinking about the encounter? Well no, Legion Is straightforward, gather random group, go spam abilities on boss, avoid generic fire on floor abilities, done.
    To be fair outdoor group content, besides world bosses, didn't require any of that either. Large areas outside dungeons, like BFD, BFK and SM had elite mobs. So did areas around the world trees, the troll city in Hinterlands and such. Back in the days of raid bosses having like 4 mechanics acting like outdoor stuff required the kind of stuff you're saying is kind of silly.

Also, for future reference, all those outdoor places had their elite tags removed in 2.3, a BC patch. Don't try to pin this one on Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Apparently you're not familiar with how MMORPGs are supposed to work, they're supposed to be social experiences centered around teamwork and cooperation. But that's okay, some people don't know this since Blizzard has been ruining the genre for over 10 years now.
    raids require, and required teamwork, dungeons never required any teamwork besides CC priority, or people not knowing how to do encounters when it was relevant. It's hardly social experience, it's everyone knowing what the fuck they should do and actually doing it. Scenarios are out of this plane because they are trivial, just like old "elite quests" which according to some "vanilla players" required "teamwork and 5 man groups". Sorry but i've been laughing at this since i remember killing Silithus spider as 2 frost mages endlessly kiting him. So, yeah, scenarios (legion invasions) are basically this - instanced elite quests, they don't require any brainpower to complete, they don't involve any strategy at all and they are not supposed to be "social content".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    But if you want to do it effectively, if you want to use strategy, if you want to be social, you fucking can do so. Even if it's not needed, but if a player wants to do so, he can do so. For once, i can't play my mage as a tank no matter how i want it, but i can invite 2 DHs for legion invasion and ask them to pop their metas one after another for smooth damage output instead of blasting it all up on first 2 trash packs and slowly grind through for next 5 minutes. See the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by nymrohd View Post
    eh having done the new invasion points i am also disappointed. The worlds are beautiful but there is noone there, just the legion wandering around. Apart from some frozen illidari, there are no npcs, certainly no locals, no sign of habitation, very little local wildlife, no items describing local lore.
    These are conquered worlds what did you expect?

This is exactly what scenarios should be for. Small end of quest chain missions.

And you can certainly solo them, it just takes longer.

Funny how the people bitching about the game needing forced socialization, are the ones with the least social qualities and capabilities...

You people didn't socialize before automated grouping, why the fuck do you believe that anything they do will make you socially competent now?

Deleted
    They only take about 5-10 mins and I don't want to spend that time talking about your daily problems at work or school tbh.

i don't get it, are scenarios more antisocial because there are less people willing to talk to you during them or something?
    Last edited by zhero; 2017-08-17 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    What exactly stops you from socializing?
    I think ive covered that topic of why antisocial play is bad a hundred times in this forum if ive covered it once.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Meh, don't really care.
    I mean, it's not like it fun or engaging content but whatever.

Solo versions of dungeons for story are a good idea to begin with. After you clear a dungeon solo and experience the full story and lore you are to group up for lewts.

I'm not at all surprised. As I said when they were first revealed, there was never any chance that these were going to be some major new game system this late into an expansion. And if it was you would have seen way more hype coming out of Blizzard about them. These Invasion Points are basically catch up content - which is exactly what every other invasion related thing in Legion has been.

The only joke here is this community.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Do legion invasions disable your chat function or something? Socialize if you want to. Blizzard if anything have made it better than ever to connect with people all across the servers and make friends. You "muh socializing" whiners simply aren't social and don't take it upon yourselves to put yourself out there.

No back in the day doing a dungeon and telling people to sheep this or sheep that isn't socializing. No adding people to your friend lists and maybe playing with them once or twice isn't socializing.

Deleted
    I agree with many in this thread and feel that invasions are awesome. I always socalize with the people in my group as long as they are socalizing back. Seeing as it is a lot of people who do this with newly dinged chars I try to help as much as possible if I'm doing it on my main.
    People complain about there being no socalizing in this game, yet they don't want to socalize unless they are forced into it. I don't see how that is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think ive covered that topic of why antisocial play is bad a hundred times in this forum if ive covered it once.
    It's not "antisocial play", it's "not forced social play" - people socialize if they want to, if they don't - they don't. Changing it to forced will only make it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.