Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Why are you bitching and crying about it? They said the ARTIFACTS are going. Not the systems. They never stated the systems are going away.
    Nice backpedalling.

They said, a long time ago now, artifacts probably wouldn't transfer to the next expansion in their current forms.

They put forth that they weren't sure whether you would get new artifacts, or if they were going to do something different, and were going to partially base this decision on how people received the artifact system.

I'm pretty sure they said this before release of Legion.

Personally, I'm very interested to see what they would do differently after Legion ends. I was a fan of the artifact system, but I'm sure we could see some cool changes if they decide to give us new artifacts, or power up our old ones into new forms.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yawn. It gets old. The lore guy, who isn't even working on WoW anymore, said 2 weeks before Legion even launched, that he would imagine, that this is a Legion feature and that the next expansion has something different.

Meanwhile, 1 year into the expansion, artifact weapons have been hugely successful. They're fun, people like getting new transmogs for them, AP has become a huge and important reward in WoW and there is no way we are going to just throw weapons like the Ashbringer into the bin and exchange them for green weapons.

This interview never had any significance, and they never gave a definite "no". They couldn't. Not before Legion even launched and before they knew how well-received they would be.
    Ignoring the necro, Hozzikostas has discussed their different plans for keeping the transmog appearances after artifacts go away multiple times in much more recent interviews. Why would they need plans for something they are continuing on into the next expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Ignoring the necro, Hozzikostas has discussed their different plans for keeping the transmog appearances after artifacts go away multiple times in much more recent interviews. Why would they need plans for something they are continuing on into the next expansion?
    Keeping the transmogs isn't what we're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Weapons itself are not needed to keep a artifact-like system. there are multiple ways to keep the artifact system without weapons,

here are three i just thought off

Nr1: The Titans, after imprisoning Sargeras, put the last remaining strength they have into our characters and unlock the Path of Titans (remember that?) as the new Artifact System

Nr2: Light and Shadow will play a bigger role in the future and our characters can align them with them how they see fit. basically the new netherlightforge beefed up to something similar to the Artifact System.

Nr3: We will get back our Talent Trees, kind of. Let's call it Mythic Talents. It's not replacing the current talent system, but works like artifact trees. but you can use all of your new Mythic Talents on any spec. Say you are a Blood DK, you can spend Mythic Power into the unholy Mythic Tree, to get permanent minions too. Or as a Disc Priest putting Mythic Power into the shadow Mythic tree to get more damage options, put Mythic Power into the Holy Tree to get more healing options or remain in your disc mythic Tree to get more and better barriers and shields.(this is my favorite idea, would allow so much skill customisation)

and many more ways

Nice backpedalling.
    Nice exposure to how much your mind is capable of thinking. Pathetic, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love artifacts. One of the best additions to the game ever imo.

There just needs to be more models / color variations added in. I hope they continue using the system.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    No, but as per usual with you, you're missing the point. The whole reason they're discussing the transmogs staying is because the Artifacts are going away. Like dozens of people here have said, Artifacts as we know it are going away.
    No, they are not. They just have to be prepared in case they do. That's why they have to entertain the possibility, that they're going away, so they can set the expectations in terms of transmogs. But there is no way they would have made that decision two weeks before Legion even launched. They just say that so that people are aware that it's a feature that doesn't have to transfer over into the next expansion. Doesn't mean that the decision was made prior to the launch of Legion and now they will stick to it.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-08-17 at 10:53 PM.

Keeping the transmogs isn't what we're talking about.
    Are you even trying? You could at least attempt to refute Nurasu's argument, instead of just ignoring it entirely and posting total nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are you even trying? You could at least attempt to refute Nurasu's argument, instead of just ignoring it entirely and posting total nonsense.
    I have several times.

No, they are not. They just have to be prepared in case they do. But there is no way they would have made that decision two weeks before Legion even launched. They just say that so that people are aware that it's a feature that doesn't have to transfer over into the next expansion. Doesn't mean that the decision was made prior to the launch of Legion and now they will stick to it.
    Of course there is. They could have made this decision before they even began actually fleshing out the system. They did the same with Garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    While still relevant, we don't need to resurrect a year-old thread about a topic that just recently was active in another thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Weapon-in-8-0

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."