View Poll Results: Have you ever pretended to be the opposite sex in World of Warcraft?

Voters
182. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

31 17.03%
  • No.

61 33.52%
  • I rolled opposite sex tune, never made any claims

85 46.70%
  • Other (Comment below)

5 2.75%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Back in the days when I played on private server I made a lot of golds from pretending to be a women. Never have a problem with finding dungeon group, they carry me. Some dudes want my nudes, so I found some pictures on internet and trade them for gold. Was a good times.

Played an undead female.
    Traded a blacksmith mats for something.
    They made the item and traded it back and the mats.
    Must have assumed I'm a lady.
    Didn't care.
    Said thanks and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    Not so much pretended to be the opposite sex as much as didn't let on that I was in fact female. I.E. I would rarely talk in vent etc. 10 years ago it brought out the creepers. Now it's more normal for girls to play games so I don't have as many issues.
    I'm the opposite

If they think I'm female I don't correct them.

Funny as hell, invited a dude into teamspeak who was lustin after me in league

10+ Year Old Account
    Just generally can't be bothered correctly anyone who calls me 'bro' etc. Not like it really matters with random strangers.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Yeah, back in BC. I don't know why.

I've made female characters, then inherited my late wife's account and took her characters which are all female... So, I play female characters on occasion. My main is male, and generally based on myself, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    people who lie about their gender should be banned its a form of Psychological abuse towards other people
    Sounds like someone got #catfished

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Nope, try again. I likened what this thread asks to the movie surrogates. That was my explanation. Then, on another point entirely, I commented how it's also weird. And that's an understatement.
    It isn't weird ... like at all. You do know their are RPGs where you can only have a female character right? There is nothing weird about playing a female character ... you find it weird, but that doesn't make it weird. And again, I asked you why it was wrong ... you answered because it is weird. Now you are saying "try again" ... that means YOU failed to answer the question I asked.

So I ask you again, why is it wrong?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, Because I'm not a weirdo.

Yes but only one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.

Drained a tonne of gold from desperate, sexless virgins during Cataclysm. Probably the equivalent of 2 million gold in today's economy. It's the easiest money you'll ever make. You don't even have to talk to them, they just have to believe you're female and they give you stuff. Glorious times.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some races, like female undead for instance, have casting animations I really like so I play them instead. I also personally despise male night elves and draenei so I make female druids and shamans when I have to for racial reasons.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It isn't weird ... like at all. You do know their are RPGs where you can only have a female character right? There is nothing weird about playing a female character ... you find it weird, but that doesn't make it weird. And again, I asked you why it was wrong ... you answered because it is weird. Now you are saying "try again" ... that means YOU failed to answer the question I asked.

So I ask you again, why is it wrong?
    It's quite weird. Personally, I've never played any MMORPGs with female characters. I understand you don't think it's weird. Refer back to my very first response to you. That is why I think it's wrong. No more anal-retentive questions, please.
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2017-08-18 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    Not so much pretended to be the opposite sex as much as didn't let on that I was in fact female. I.E. I would rarely talk in vent etc. 10 years ago it brought out the creepers. Now it's more normal for girls to play games so I don't have as many issues.
    This was my situation as well. If I got in a guild though, I was required to get on ventrilo though, so some of my guildies figured out that I was female, the rest just though I was a very young boy. Some still do. And I'm well past my teens. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    My Druid is a female and a healer to boot. Back in TBC era I think almost everyone assumed I was female that didn't know me. Whenever someone starting hitting on me I had a macro:

"Character Name Starts humming Lola by the Kinks." Some people got it but a lot didn't.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

I do occasionally, but only to troll arrogant and thirsty players.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2017-08-18 at 01:28 AM.
    RETH

I started playing WoW as a 31 year old male. Rolled all kinds of different characters. After playing as a female for a while i decided to transgender my pants parts and now i play all kinds of different characters as a 42 year old female. It just felt right

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's quite weird. Personally, I've never played any MMORPGs with female characters. I understand you don't think it's weird. Refer back to my very first response to you. That is why I think it's wrong. No more anal-retentive questions, please.
    Then give answer that doesn't equate weird and wrong. By the logic you put forth, I can state you are wrong because I find your stance to be weird. Would that be considered acceptable? It isn't weird because I am not the character and I can separate myself from the character ... I don't identify as my character, it is merely the avatar in the world I play.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

No.

Funny how the stereotype of girls getting advantages in-game, is fueled in large part due to guys.

I don't think so. I do have a lot of female toons though.

One guildy somehow got the impression I was a girl and I didn't correct him for a while. If that counts. But that was because it kept getting funnier...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No.

Funny how the stereotype of girls getting advantages in-game, is fueled in large part due to guys.
    I have honest to god never seen that, despite playing with... I don't even know how many girls in my various guilds over the years.

Unless you count couples that play together. Though to be honest usually it's the guy getting all the perks in that case. "Hey babe can you pocket heal me?" "Sure thing babe...".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.