Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Heroes are good - let's make statues of them

Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see many statutes of me.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I would love to see many statutes of me.
    That would require you doing something other than shitposting on this forum mate.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

If this is what I think it is then you're out of luck. Lindybeige seems to be a pretty liberal guy and I doubt he would go along with YOUR agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    That would require you doing something other than shitposting on this forum mate.
    Thats what makes me a hero here.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If this is what I think it is then you're out of luck. Lindybeige seems to be a pretty liberal guy and I doubt he would go along with YOUR agenda.
    Then I think you are projecting.

And didn't you know, Lindybeige is a horrible conservative! :P

Statues should be preserved, they have not only historical value, but also value as art. Removing a statue should be done via public vote imo, and if the majority wants to remove it, put it in a museum instead of destroying it.

Heroes are make believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Statues should be preserved, they have not only historical value, but also value as art. Removing a statue should be done via public vote imo, and if the majority wants to remove it, put it in a museum instead of destroying it.
    Some statues are put up for very specific reasons. They were not erected to be art first and foremost but to honor despicable people and values.
    #not all statues are equal

If you want a history lesson then open a book.

Some statues are put up for very specific reasons. They were not erected to be art first and foremost but to honor despicable people and values.
    Honoring despicable people and art not being the primary reason doesn't contradict my statement that statues have historical value and are considered art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Heroes are make believe.
    The world could always use more heroes. *Giggles before blinking off to face death itself*

#not all statues are equal

If you want a history lesson then open a book.
    What do you have against States' Rights?!
    /sarcasm

Deleted
    He could split his time between shitposting and making statues of himself?

statues have historical value
    That's just empty jargon in the wind. in the same vein as "it's tradition because it's traditon". The context is important. Like I said nothing prevents you from learning history from other sources, it doesn't need to be out in public. Esp. if the content is "controversial".

That's just empty jargon in the wind. The context is important. Like I said nothing prevents you from learning history from other sources, it doesn't need to be out in public. Esp. if the content is "controversial".
    Fine, then let historians put the statue in a museum, so when people who are interested show up, they will learn about why the statue was created and afterwards removed, or just admire the work that the sculptor has done.

Fine, then let historians put the statue in a museum
    I'm fine with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroes never die! Overwatch is awful

That's just empty jargon in the wind. in the same vein as "it's tradition because it's traditon". The context is important. Like I said nothing prevents you from learning history from other sources, it doesn't need to be out in public. Esp. if the content is "controversial".
    It would be great if you would actually watch the video rather than just shitposting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Overwatch is awful
    ^ Not wrong!

Deleted
    Fine, then let historians put the statue in a museum, so when people who are interested show up, they will learn about why the statue was created and afterwards removed, or just admire the work that the sculptor has done.

When Boyka has spoken you know its just /thread tbh

It would be great if you would actually watch the video rather than just shitposting.
    I've seen it before tyvm.