Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    how many druids jumping around your character model while tranq during full movement phrase does it takes for you to change your vote to YES?

I can jump while being bored? Well by golly count me in!

Honestly, yes. Rdruid is pretty much does everything Holy does, but better. Better raid cooldown (that can be channeled while moving!!), better AoE heals, insane raid utility, ability to swap to tank spec if necessary, etc...

I'm just too sentimentally attached to my Priest, being my first max-level character way back in BC, and having achieved all of my peak raid accomplishments on it.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-05-28 at 02:26 AM.

Nope, I've played my priest since TBC and not about to change, working on Gul'dan Mythic atm. Holy priests are "fine" in terms of actual healing, but we most certainly lack in utility compared to the 3 best classes (hint, monk isn't one of them).

Deleted
    Not a chance in hell, love my priest (and ive tried druid healing and didnt like it so much).

7+ Year Old Account
    I've had my priest since 2007ish, I started "maining her since TBC and have since. I've regretted it every xpack after Wrath. (played it disc in pvp before "disc" was the in thing during wrath, often ran an IDS spec holy through TBC too.) Shadow has had its momments but besides the role of mana battery and warlock buffer in TBBC it's been mostly bad. Part of why I detest the homogonization of the classes that Ghostcrawler did, those of you who raided pre wrath understand.
    I'm stuck as a priest. Too much work put into her.

If I could do it over I'd have rolled a pally. They have been essential in just about every encounter. A druid has had its ups and downs but mostly ups. I can't think of an encounter where I would have chosen a priest over a druid besides HLK where a disc was mandatory.

I've been retired since early MOP when I took an extended break and play casually now, every now and then I hook up with old friends and do a little "semi casual" progression on new content, as I will for argus.

Would have / should have played a pally.

I play both somewhat casually (pug heroic ToS). Outside of the ability to displacer, I enjoy priest so much more.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Is it possible to perform well as holy priest? Yes. Will equally skilled player be more valuable to the raid if he plays resto druid? Highly likely.

Thus your argument is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you perform better as a priest compared to somebody who is playing druid but otherwise is substantially worse player once again doesn't proof that priest are not way weaker than druids.
    These types of arguments contributes absolutely nothing to the debate. Nothing. Really, this is simply how a young person sees the world.
    And please don't get offended by that statement, as it is simply reality.

There is no two people who have exactly the same skill level, react exactly the same at the same time and has identical gear and identical RNG throughout a fight.
    Your "argument" is that if we have two 100% identical players, then the druid would outperform the holy priest.

Dude, really....get out of the SimC box and experience reality. Your type of thinking is what makes so many people sigh and abandon good discussions.
    The top 1% percentage is and will always be, an anomaly which does not serve the basis for discussions on balance.
    Just like in real life, we don't base national economics around the riches 1%, or the criminal system around the top 1% worst criminals.
    You never ever in real life, base anything for the majority on the actions of the minority.

This is not how life works, and this is not how games work.

And, since i know there will be zero value in debating this with you as you will most likely spend 35 minutes on some copy-paste clever reply with over-the-top attention to spelling, while trying to come of as the bigger man, please just post your last 30 logs from Nighthold and show me the exact same people on the exact same spot for every single encounter.

If you cant, then, well....

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Your "argument" is that if we have two 100% identical players, then the druid would outperform the holy priest.
    This was never the point of this discussion.
    The point was* that the same player, if he would have similar geared characters (similar, not identical) would always perform better on a druid healer than on a priest healer. Due to the imbalances between the classes. No theorycrafting, no pointless comparison, just the fact that druid healer was outperforming everybody else...

* = Read like "was", as this topic is from nighthold content and a lot changed since then. Druids are not the kings of everything in the world (of warcraft) any more.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should never forget what the Blizzard healing Meta is: Paladin/Priest/Link, all other healers are completely irrelevant, so your sitting on the sweet spot, you just have to handle Disc + Holy what ever is more OP at the time. So rolling from Holy to Druid is the most stupid thing you could do, especially in 7.2.5 Druid is by far the weakest healer, just wait till they all need to replace their still OP T19 / Shoulder synergy .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    There is no two people who have exactly the same skill level, react exactly the same at the same time and has identical gear and identical RNG throughout a fight.

This is not how life works, and this is not how games work.

Please just post your last 30 logs from Nighthold and show me the exact same people on the exact same spot for every single encounter.

If you cant, then, well....
    Here.. it's much shorter when I cut out the poor attempts on insults.

You are right, there are no two people exactly 100% equally skilled.... you could however distinguish between groups of people with very similar skill level. Also people are usually not a "skilled druid player" they are just "skilled play" and the same player would have performed better on a druid.

Now to the most important part -- I recommend you check the date of my response. At the time druids dominated the meter and priest were at the bottom. It was prior to 7.2.0 changes (which were huge for discipline) a prior to availability of T20 (which is huge for holy).

Quote Originally Posted by wakii View Post
    You should never forget what the Blizzard healing Meta is: Paladin/Priest/Link, all other healers are completely irrelevant, so your sitting on the sweet spot, you just have to handle Disc + Holy what ever is more OP at the time. So rolling from Holy to Druid is the most stupid thing you could do, especially in 7.2.5 Druid is by far the weakest healer, just wait till they all need to replace their still OP T19 / Shoulder synergy .
    I'd really like to see the poopmonsters playing resto druids in your raid group if this is your impression of the spec. Or the laughable idea that priest is part of the basic healing meta. If anything, the basic healing meta for the last long while has been Paladin/Shaman/Throughput with CDs (usually resto druid(s)).

As for the topic, no. I have a Druid alt that I level in every expansion just to confirm to myself that yes, Druid healing is still boring as hell. To me.

Moved from Druid to Priest this tier, Druid is exceptionally weaker at higher ilvl this tier. My priest at 933 is leaps ahead of my druid who has near the same off set but is limited to his T19 for main set due to terrible set bonuses. Priest is a ton of fun with the current set bonuses and in a good spot. One of these days ill get the right legos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I'd really like to see the poopmonsters playing resto druids in your raid group if this is your impression of the spec. Or the laughable idea that priest is part of the basic healing meta. If anything, the basic healing meta for the last long while has been Paladin/Shaman/Throughput with CDs (usually resto druid(s)).

As for the topic, no. I have a Druid alt that I level in every expansion just to confirm to myself that yes, Druid healing is still boring as hell. To me.
    Druid is the weakest at high ilvl right now, UNLESS you got insane luck on T19 and could get TF 925-930+ on every piece....