Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You'd think that after 10 years of expansions it would eventually sink in that this small minority is not going to be catered to. I mean, I don't think there's anything WRONG with what you want, but I'm pretty sure you're not going to get it with WoW.
    Oh I'm well aware of that. By the way, Argent Dawn EU is a high pop server and arguably the best RP server out there, but it's still a tiny part of the overall community. I'm well aware that people have no concept of lore, understanding of mythos, atmosphere or... imagination. They just like the big numbers and loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Most of the base bits of new gear isn't that over the top. Just use something recent and hide the shoulders/belt/helm or use a matching piece from an old set and you're good to go.
    Hm, possibly. Although a lot of the armour textures are still a bit "crazy". You've given me the idea to try that though.

Rp in the wow universe not the 'real' one, problem solved when magic is possible . Not sure why'd you go in wow and not play like your there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Rp in the wow universe not the 'real' one, problem solved when magic is possible . Not sure why'd you go in wow and not play like your there.
    Your point seems to suggest that every single character in the Warcraft universe wears over the top armor. Have you seen simple Stormwind bread sellers? The Blacksmiths in Goldshire? The Night Elven librarians and lore-keepers? How do you think Azeroth operates without these people? Not everyone on Azeroth is a mighty hero.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    In this thread; people who don't understand what RP is and argue from their usual gameplay perspective.

I wish people would stop saying "wow is not meant to be realistic", from a regular gameplay perspective you're probably right, almost nothing you do makes sense. However, WoW is still an RPG (Role Playing Game), a whole world filled with characters, from their view Warcraft is their reality. A proper roleplayer immerses themself into this reality, and acts accordingly to what would be realistic and make sense. It follows that one would want to wear clothes/armour that are suitable for that viewpoint. The armour/weapons in WoW are not something anyone would ever wear ever as they are not only unrealistic but extremely impractical.

@OP, this thread would probably have been better served in the roleplaying section, perhaps then you would have avoided some of the more ignorant responses in here.
    No, we get that. What you don't seem to understand is that if it isn't within the primary scope of the game, you will not be catered to. If you want to say "wouldn't it be nice to have more X", that's fine. No problem. But to say "Blizzard should add X for me and people like me" is something else.

Yes, it's an RPG. However, RPing as a lowly commoner is not something that any part of the game is developed around. Sure, you can do it on your own and there's nothing wrong with that. But you should recognize that no part of the finite budget for each patch and expansion will ever be dedicated to helping you out.

That's not what this game is about.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2017-08-19 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Annnnd you're an idiot. I know this. This is the WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD, that if I want to do that, which I do, I'm stuck with low res textures.
    If you are concerned about amount of polygons on old gear - wait for Cataclysm 2.0, or use gear with better textures, there are plenty of options, like amani mail (not for purpose of RPing a villager, but as an example of not crazy looking gear, for gods sake), the worst offenders are usually helmets and shoulders, which you can hide now
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-08-19 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    However, RPing as a lowly commoner is not something that any part of the game is developed around.

RP servers. Part of the game IS developed around RP. That's why the servers exist. I realise it's not a big part of the overall game, what you said isn't factual at all. RP Is a thing... People do RP as non-heroes. They RP as merchants, lords of houses, librarians, magicians, etc etc. It's an endless list...

Edit: A lot of you are still thinking in the gameplay mindset.

If you want to rp as a simple farmer you don't need new gear for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    If you want to rp as a simple farmer you don't need new gear for that.
    Go away?

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    RP servers. Part of the game IS developed around RP. That's why the servers exist. I realise it's not a big part of the overall game, what you said isn't factual at all. RP Is a thing... People do RP as non-heroes. They RP as merchants, lords of houses, librarians, magicians, etc etc. It's an endless list...

Edit: A lot of you are still thinking in the gameplay mindset.
    RP servers are just regular servers with a few more rules concerning player interactions. Nothing was developed specifically for them. Like I said, you can do your own RP as you wish, but beyond giving you a dedicated space for it Blizzard isn't going to spend a dime developing gear for that kind of RP.

The gameplay mindset is important to address in so far as to recognize that that is where the money goes.

What I mean is, there are great opportunities with the gear already to make sets to do what your after,. Seen perfect sets when doing trial of style for "everyday heroes" stuff. They could do some back updates on some stuff but I don't see it happening nor putting new stuff in.

The gear you get leveling 1-60 post Cataclysm is decent resolution and fairly understated, I'm particularly fondnof the leather sets.

Deleted
    Welcome to transmog i guess. This is kind of pointless since THERE is a system to change your meteor swords of frozen hellflames, into a normal looking weapon.
    you are not stuck with it, yo ucan change it, and i agree, I myself like to use more Realistic set, is why i love the Stormwind guards set, or Low level sets because it seem like" i guess you could wear that"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Welcome to transmog i guess. This is kind of pointless since THERE is a system to change your meteor swords of frozen hellflames, into a normal looking weapon.
    you are not stuck with it, yo ucan change it, and i agree, I myself like to use more Realistic set, is why i love the Stormwind guards set, or Low level sets because it seem like" i guess you could wear that"
    Did you...did you read the thread and my OP? The whole point is that most of these realistic weapons are from vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    HAHJAHAHAHA are you guys fucking kidding me.

Wow is a high fantasy game. It was never supposed to be realistic.

You guys are so playing the wrong game lol
    I am not an rper, I tmog with fancy fantasy stuff, but the other guy stated that there are realistic weapons in expansions of wow, which is a lie. Instead of trying to be a smartass, how about you understand what people reply to or talk about, mate? Besides, who are you to tell others how to play this game which could be the most varied game of all? There's not a "supposed" way to play the game.

Deleted
    I agree, just yesterday I was trying to transmog my weapon into a vanilla sword and was thinking "man I wish these weapons came in higher res". The same goes for some older armour that would look really amazing with higher textures.

Hopefully one day Blizzard updates these items, or at least makes new ones that are high res versions of them.

You are trying to go for realism in a fantasy cartoony game? Good luck with that

It would help if the OP could let us know what kind of weapon (1h, 2h, oh, shield, dagger fist) and armour class (cloth, leather, mail, plate) he's looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You are trying to go for realism in a fantasy cartoony game? Good luck with that
    Read the thread and the examples I've given before posting.

Also what race/gender he'll be applying for them to.

Deleted
    No, we get that.
    Most people in this thread do not get that, at all.

What you don't seem to understand is that if it isn't within the primary scope of the game, you will not be catered to. If you want to say "wouldn't it be nice to have more X", that's fine. No problem. But to say "Blizzard should add X for me and people like me" is something else.

Yes, it's an RPG. However, RPing as a lowly commoner is not something that any part of the game is developed around. Sure, you can do it on your own and there's nothing wrong with that. But you should recognize that no part of the finite budget for each patch and expansion will ever be dedicated to helping you out.
    Again, you don't seem to understand it at all. It doesn't really matter much what you RP as, the armour and weapons that have been added to WoW basically since BC is not something a roleplayer would wear, because that's not something even a character within the lore would wear, because as I mentioned in my earlier post, not only is it unrealistic to exist in the first place, it's also extremely impractical.

The armour/weapons in WoW follows the "rule of cool", it's only designed to look good, with no regard to practicality. That's all well and good for the people who are into that and don't give a damn about lore or realism, but for those who do, it leaves much to be desired. I think everyone understands that Blizzard, like any company, is on a limited budget and can only do so much with what they have. I think everyone also expects new tier sets to have that flashy lore-breaking unrealistic look.

However, they do create armours and weapons outside of these tier sets, be it quest armour, dungeon armour or something else, those pieces do not carry the expecation of being grand, flashy and animated, they are for the most part overlooked by anyone who seeks to look "badass" or "awesome". This part of the budget could easily be spent to create immersive and lore-supported pieces of armour and weapons, something you might expect a local of the area to wear, as they are not some 1337 elite badass monster slaying hero.

You have plenty of gear to choose from if you want to use the typical flashy badass look, and Blizzard will never stop creating more of it for tier sets, however those who prefer something more humble have nothing.

That's not what this game is about.
    Tell me, what is the game about? The answer isn't as simple as you probably want to think. There are many ways of playing WoW, none is necessarily more right than the other. As the game director Ion said earlier this year, the WoW player base is very diverse and every aspect of the game (including raiding, even LFR), is played by a minority of the players. The only real exception to this, the only aspects of the game that a majority of players take part of, is the questing aspect to reach max level, as well as some level of participation in the dungeons.

A minority of the playerbase participate in raiding.
    A minority of the playerbase participate in PVP.
    A minority of the playerbase participate in pet battles.
    A minority of the playerbase participate in RP.
    A minority of the playerbase focus solely in collecting transmog/mounts/pets/achievements.

What this game really is about is what you make of it, what you want to do in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Well pretty early on Blizzard decided they didn't want to develop an RPG anymore so they've been systematically removing traditional RPG systems and stats and moving into more of a kind of action game. They also decided that all the playerbase care about is gear so they started increasing the power creep with the motivation that we (the players) wouldn't like it otherwise and started making armor more flamboyant to appeal to the shallow and vain nature of the players.

To be blunt, they don't care about your community.
    If they didn't care, why would they bother spending time on improving roleplayers experience in the game?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=9#post-165

If it is as you claim, wouldn't it have been easier for them to simply ignore the issue, or tell them that they were simply out of luck?