Poll: Batman or Superman?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You know the naming convention is the same?
    It literally means son of Gregor.
    I sleep people. I put people unconscious. I'm stating facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Bruce Wayne was born wealthy.
    Batman was not born a superhero.
    Well why isn't Bruce Wayne a garbage man then and Batman, I mean during the day he clears the city of its garbage and keeps it from smelling something awful.

Oh I know because that wouldn't be compatible with the life style of The Batman.

Taking nothing away from the lessons that is Bruce Wayne's life and how he strikes that balance between serving justice and vengeance and NOT killing people.
    But his lessons were learned off the backs of others because he has the luxury to play super hero.

We already have something like that in RL and in Gothem, and they are called the police, only they don't have billions they can't wear masks, and when they fuck up they can be held accountable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Batman appeals to teens for being a rebel. Adults would vote Superman
    Well said, couldn't agree more although the options really are only Superman vs Batman, but I do think Batman is really more based on fetishism and drawing easier parallels for adult man children.

Exhibit A

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Yes. Because Superman is just a lame, one dimensional character.
    I think superman's only saving grace was Lewis, as in every incarnation revolved around the plot of him revealing his identity to her as Clark Kent. After that he was always boring.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I'm not really a fan of superhero stuff in general. The most I've seen of either is a few seasons of Smallville when it was really popular. Haven't seen any movies (NOT A SINGLE ONE!) of either, never read comic stuff, etc etc, so needless to say, this is from the eyes of a "scrub". That said, from what little I know of them both, Batman is more appealing simply for the fact that he's not auto-win godmode.

Superman: Seriously, what can't this guy do? This is the kid's version of the ideal superhero because it's like playing a video game with infinite weapons and godmode on. Like, you just can't lose. Sure his weakness is a chunk of his planet but outside of that, you just can't lose.
    Side-note: Can we talk about how fucking stupid that weakness is? First off, how is a piece of where you live a power-sucking weakness of yours? Second, how did anyone discover this? We're talking a piece of another PLANET; not too easy to come by. Finally, how did Superman's people live on this weakness-inducing planet of theirs again? Again, this is coming from someone who doesn't really know much, but this might be one of the worst ideas for a character I've ever heard in my life. There's so many problems with it and seems thrown in just so there's something in the universe that can stop Superman.

Batman: Actually has character development and isn't auto-win. He doesn't even have superpowers (AFAIK) and simply has a ton of gadgets and expensive toys to his name. But, he's a person. He has limits, goals, fears, and most importantly, weaknesses that don't involve pieces of Earth/Gothem/etc. I'm not necessarily saying "Batman is awesome" or anything, I actually think he's kinda eh, but compared against Mr. Perfect over here, he's an easy pick.

Seriously, I just can't get over how dumb Superman's thing is. He's practically god, until a piece of his fucking planet comes into play. It's just, it's uninteresting to me. I liked Smallville (y'know, when Clark Kent didn't know shit about himself and was an actual person) but just Superman in general, yeah no thanks.

Edit: To my recollection, Deadpool is the only "superhero" movie I've seen and from my limited knowledge of all these characters, he's so far been the most interesting. In the movie, he was literally a person turned "superhero" (I keep saying that in quotes because it's pretty clear he's actually an anti-hero) with regenerative powers, which, I guess one could argue is like invincibility, but you could probably separate the pieces of him and I'd think he'd be dead for good. That's also it; just the regeneration. No super strength or flight or bullshit. Just the regen. Plus, well, he's a sarcastic asshole who's aware that he's a character, and I love me some good fourth-wall breaking.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-08-19 at 02:06 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Superman is the embodiment of a 3 year old "ME TOO!" child.

I'm The Flash and I can move super quick! "ME TOO!"
    I'm Wonder Woman and I'm super strong! "ME TOO!"
    etc

Supes has zero personality, it's as if you gave a beta male super powers. Also what makes him uninteresting is to fight superman you fight him by putting him in the only situation he can't win which is forcing him to be in more than one place at once, which is the dumbest fucking weakness every super hero/villain has this with only a very few exceptions.
    Lol you've missed the point about Superman.
    You describe him as a Merry Sue he is so much more then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Edit: To my recollection, Deadpool is the only "superhero" movie I've seen and from my limited knowledge of all these characters, he's so far been the most interesting. In the movie, he was literally a person turned "superhero" (I keep saying that in quotes because it's pretty clear he's actually an anti-hero) with regenerative powers, which, I guess one could argue is like invincibility, but you could probably separate the pieces of him and I'd think he'd be dead for good. That's also it; just the regeneration. No super strength or flight or bullshit. Just the regen. Plus, well, he's a sarcastic asshole who's aware that he's a character, and I love me some good fourth-wall breaking.
    He's just a mercenary with a smart mouth. He's not an anti-hero or any other kind of hero. There really isn't a whole lot to the character.

Deadpool was a pretty good movie. One of the better things about it was that it showed some Serbian dude with a tonne of CGI could do a really good portrayal of Superman. SuperHint: Its not about what he is, its about what he does.

Sales figures alone put Batman above Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    If so why?
    Why? Because Superman is the worst super hero in the genre, via having way too much power and too many of them, while Batman is just a guy with money and no powers doing all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Why? Because Superman is the worst super hero in the genre, via having way too much power and too many of them, while Batman is just a guy with money and no powers doing all that.
    Superman presents a complex moral dilemma.

Batman is a Mary Sue for wangsty boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Superman presents a complex moral dilemma.

Batman is a Mary Sue for wangsty boys.
    Superman is the biggest Mary Sue in the history of humans telling stories to other humans. He is basically caped Jesus. What are you on about?

Superman is the biggest Mary Sue in the history of humans telling stories to other humans. He is basically caped Jesus. What are you on about?
    Superman is a God who chooses freedom and live over using his power to enforce total justice. Superman is hope and striving to be better.

Batman is a rich boy with unparalleled kung fu skills and basically a super computer for a brain that can out think anybody, who spends his time beating up the criminally insane. Batman is sad boy power fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    according to google, batman is roughly 2x more popular

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Batman is a far more complex character because he isn't just outright invincible.
    Ironically superman may only have 1 weakness, but Batman literally has none. If you look at a site like comic vine in the battle section, Batman beats everyone lol.

Deleted
    Like fuck is he.

I wanted to bang henry cavil not bloody christian bale.

Superman is a God who chooses freedom and live over using his power to enforce total justice. Superman is hope and striving to be better.

Batman is a rich boy with unparalleled kung fu skills and basically a super computer for a brain that can out think anybody, who spends his time beating up the criminally insane. Batman is sad boy power fantasy.
    At least it's interesting to hear an opposing view on this. I didn't even know Superman had any defenders. I thought he was universally hated for being OP.

I just always saw Superman as sort of the mom jeans of comics.

At least it's interesting to hear an opposing view on this. I didn't even know Superman had any defenders. I thought he was universally hated for being OP.

I just always saw Superman as sort of the mom jeans of comics.
    Depends on the writer. Read All-Star Superman, Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow, What’s So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?, Birthright, For All Seasons.

Deleted
    Because Superman is a boring hero. He is pretty much immortal besides kryptonite and thats boring. His cloths looks silly and that no one knows who he is just because he put on glasses, wtf?

Superman is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    If so why?
    Easy, who got a lego movie first

10+ Year Old Account

Injustice proves you completely wrong on your first point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Injustice proves you completely wrong on your first point.
    Injustice is edgy garbage.