Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

20 Tons Of Nutella Stolen From Truck In Germany

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/08/...theft-germany/

CBS Local — Police in Germany are on the lookout for a thief with a massive sweet tooth. According to reports, over 20 tons of Nutella and chocolate eggs were stolen from a refrigerated trailer in the town of Neustadt.

The sugary heist reportedly took place some time between Aug. 12 and 13 and the thief — or thieves — would have needed their own truck to carry away that much chocolate, authorities say. German police are looking to see if the heist may be connected to the theft of an empty tractor trailer in the town Weimar around the same time. “It’s not even clear if they were after the sweets or after the trailer — at this point we don’t know what their motive was,” police spokesman Martin Ahlich said, per CBS affiliate KYTX.

The chocolate robbery wasn’t even the only food-related crime of the weekend. Another trailer with 30 tons of fruit juice inside was reportedly swiped from the town of Wittenberg. The stolen Nutella and other chocolate candies has been valued at around $82,000.

In the meantime, police are warning people to be suspicious if they get any odd offers for sweet treats. “Anyone offered large quantities of chocolate via unconventional channels should report it to the police immediately,” Neustadt police announced in a statement.

Must be a bitch trying to selling that.

Well, the thief is getting diabetes for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Fucking cartoon villain man

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Must be a bitch trying to selling that.
    Whaddya mean "sell"?

But I have to say these are two very peculiar crimes. But food transports aren't guarded, so they'd be easy targets. I guess they resell it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Whaddya mean "sell"?

But I have to say these are two very peculiar crimes. But food transports aren't guarded, so they'd be easy targets. I guess they resell it somehow.
    Hehe well if they are planning on eating it they have for a few years i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Whaddya mean "sell"?

Probably they'll just get it to some other country and sell it in some village style area.

In Germany police is already checking all children birthdays to find the culprits but so far no results.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Probably they'll just get it to some other country and sell it in some village style area.
    The blessing of open borders.

heated nutella swimming pool anyone?

Hahaha well I just had nutella filled churros in my small city's festivities, and they never had those before! They had lots of nutella buckets hanging as decoration lmao.

they must have only stolen the nutella because they hadn't heard of these yet

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Nothing beats Samba.

This article made me think of this lol

10+ Year Old Account
    COME ON GUYS, really soo mature, who the hell steals Nutella, I mean really!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Per 100g

Energy 2175kJ

Protein 7.3g

Fat, total 30.3g

Fat, saturated 10.0g

Carbohydrate, total 54.7g

Sugars 54.4g

Sodium 33 mg

Serve size is 20g, which is one tablespoon

http://foodwatch.com.au/blog/additiv...gredients.html

So Nutella is mostly sugar and fat with a tiny bit of protein.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Well, at least the truck wasn't stolen, so I suppose they've got that going. We all know what could've happened if someone else got a hold of it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh what a shame. Anybody need some Nutella? I have extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Oh what a shame. Anybody need some Nutella? I have extra.
    My friend just had the worst drunk food idea I have ever heard of when we got back home. Noodles and nutella, mixed together. I'm not touching nutella again for a while after being convinced to try that.

Well Nutella is pretty damn good, understandable

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    -SNIP-
    That would look the exact same coming in and going out.