Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Horde WrA seems worse imo. People get ignored all the time when rping on horde side, must be that god forsaken inn with half-everything demon hunters.

Alliance side is pretty good but you got your typical know it alls who i can't really blame for ignoring/whispering the person who doesn't know lore.

It is rare when someone doesn't know there shit, but from what i've seen, people just get shat on and ignored and are only helped by their guild members.
    Jeez, last time I was on Horde, I'd have called those people hypocrites. SMC has always been a bloody cesspool, and even they're starting to segregate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Horde WrA seems worse imo. People get ignored all the time when rping on horde side, must be that god forsaken inn with half-everything demon hunters.

Alliance side is pretty good but you got your typical know it alls who i can't really blame for ignoring/whispering the person who doesn't know lore.

It is rare when someone doesn't know there shit, but from what i've seen, people just get shat on and ignored and are only helped by their guild members.
    WrA RP Horde-side is literally all Blood Elves. Download the CensusPlus addon and run a scan of races currently online. Last I ran it, returned with 66% Blood Elf players and 19% of characters online were Shaman and Druids...

How anyone can take the lore seriously and be immersed when you don't even see fuckin' Orcs in Orgrimmar is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    WrA RP Horde-side is literally all Blood Elves. Download the CensusPlus addon and run a scan of races currently online. Last I ran it, returned with 66% Blood Elf players and 19% of characters online were Shaman and Druids...

How anyone can take the lore seriously and be immersed when you don't even see fuckin' Orcs in Orgrimmar is beyond me.
    If you want to take the lore seriously and be immersed, you don't RP in Orgrimmar. You find a guild instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Edit: Most of you are replying as if WoW can't have both unrealistic gear and realistic gear. This is entirely possible, as Vanilla proves.. I agree, we should get more realistic stuff too.. But not -stop- the epic/fun/silly stuff
    Sure 12 years ago you could get realistic stuff. As you can see over the years they decided to you know, go in a different direction. I don't think they'd waste the resources to put out basic looking items again. If they do, great. But I'd not expect it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Believe me, I'd be playing a different game if there was anywhere near the amount of players for RP. Plus, WoW's zones and music are top notch so I would rather like to stay.

A bit off topic,but for RP and realistic gear you could check our Lord of the Rings Online european RP servers,there are also a lot more systems implemented purely for RP reasons in there

But I agree on you about WoW items,I'm not actively roleplaying in WoW,yet I often find myself looking at a weapon for my DK and think "how the hell am I even supposed to wield this shit?"

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    But I agree on you about WoW items,I'm not actively roleplaying in WoW,yet I often find myself looking at a weapon for my DK and think "how the hell am I even supposed to wield this shit?"
    That is one thing that would be nice, some no-frills weapons I guess? I like swords such as the Blade of Hanna and some of the older models. I really don't see Blizz putting in the resources to put more items like that out though.

Anyone other RP'ers feel slightly annoyed that if you want to play a realistic looking medieval-esque character, your only options are ancient vanilla items? RPing is what I like to do most in WoW, but the choices for gear are so limited. Most of the gear that's 60+ just doesn't work well for RP as it's too fancy or outlandish. I'm sort of stuck with very low textured armour if I want to RP with some realism. I mean it's Legion and as an RP'er I feel like I'm always stuck in the past. The game looks and feels a lot better now but I'm still wearing gear from like 2006. It's a shame.
    what about playing the game with current gear and mogging it into ''old'' gear, or only using your RP gear, when actually RPing? i mean, it has to brutally suck, if you're wearing level 60 gear while doing lvl 110 content. If you're actually WEARING that old gear, i guess, you can't be helped and should play something non-visual.
    As I said, you can just use current gear, and mog it into ''suiting'' RP-gear.

Armor up to T10 looks quite good to me, anything above is garbage, much like the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    what about playing the game with current gear and mogging it into ''old'' gear, or only using your RP gear, when actually RPing? i mean, it has to brutally suck, if you're wearing level 60 gear while doing lvl 110 content. If you're actually WEARING that old gear, i guess, you can't be helped and should play something non-visual.
    As I said, you can just use current gear, and mog it into ''suiting'' RP-gear.
    What I think he is saying is that the 'old' RP gear is all 10-12 years old for the most part. Basically the OP wants a texture update on items that are likely not that used.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    There are none at legion, wod, mop, cata and wotlk. Show me one realistic, one that a real human would use in an actual fight.

Just daggers alone, of apperances i have, all have multiple colours, and most of them have daggers that were used in the real world]
    staves now, and yes you will say "big gems" yeah and? As long as they dont glow its fine, people have used crystals and qaurtz for deceration forever.

all from WOTLK onward
    no floaty bits or special glows
    those are the ones i have, alot more i dont

Maybe you shoudl never make a claim of "NONE" when you dont even look at the stuff?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-08-19 at 08:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

OP asked about realistic weapons with high definition textures and all you guys are doing is talking about WoW being hyper fantasy game or saying OP to stop play WoW.

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Just daggers alone, of apperances i have, all have multiple colours, and most of them have daggers that were used in the real world
    That's one is actually burning. So not that much realistic weapon... Though I agree, there are plenty of realistic weapons in WoW, I mean in the further expansions such as MOP/WOD etc.

Not a RPer myself, but I do prefer simpler, more "realistic" looking gear. Consequently, most of transmog sets are composed of mainly Vanilla gear. The low resolution doesn't bother me, but I would certainly welcome new sets in that vein for the sake of diversity. Quest gear and green drops should be for that.

Art by draken4o

I agree, I really wish they'd make some more down to earth sets/weapons in current expansions. Every now and again you get something, but for the most part items are incredibly outlandish and over the top. That's great and all, but I'd really love some simple alternatives every now and again, just for variety if nothing else. I'm pretty exhausted with how elaborate and crazy most of the game's modern cosmetics are. You can make incredibly cool designs without them needing to look like they come from outer space.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    OP asked about realistic weapons with high definition textures and all you guys are doing is talking about WoW being hyper fantasy game or saying OP to stop play WoW.

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

That's one is actually burning. So not that much realistic weapon... Though I agree, there are plenty of realistic weapons in WoW, I mean in the further expansions such as MOP/WOD etc.
    Other then the burning the general shape is more what i was pointing at.
    but yeah
    gunan add staves
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I just don't think Blizzard is going to take the time to redo old basic gear. I think what you may see is more takes on some old stuff like they have with the tier, but they tend to get nailed for being lazy by a sizeable part of the community if things aren't flashy enough.

10+ Year Old Account

Lord of the Rings.
    There is a Lord of the Rings MMO for that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want "realistic" you are playing the wrong game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the last 'realistic' set we got was the Stormwind guard set in WoD. Just need to fix those shoulders though but otherwise, it still looks like something people could actually wear and use properly.

Otherwise, my favorite set is still the Overlord's set (World drop Vanilla) without it's shoulderpads and headpiece, together with a proper looking longsword (Guardian Blade. And I mean real longswords that are two-handed, nor fantasy longswords that are one-handed.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Well how about we scratch out "realistic" and replace it with "consistent with the game in its original incarnation".

Some people wanna be high-res footmen with normal footman weaponry.
    You can already be that, just use one of the newer HD weapons, they almost look realistic but just enough to still be fantasy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    You just told the OP of the thread that he doesn't understand his own point.

...what?
    You mistunderstand. The OP understood what I was saying. You do not.