Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    That's a good point, it is pretty f-up when the nazis are acting better.
    Like when one ran over somebody? or when a group beat up a black guy for no reason?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    They were not being fired for being members, .
    You sure?
    Because that's what i literally said.
    but for wanting to end discrimination based on a characteristic that the people in question have no control over.
    Pretty sure all Alt-righters want's to end affirmative racism.
    Yeah, and now you are comparing someone being MURDERED to someone getting fired because they decided to tell the world how they feel "the Jews should burn", something that will certainly scare off customers. Do you get that the comparison is, to use your term, "retarded"?
    Pretty sure a bunch of black men were fired for being 'uppity' too.
    It does. Clearly, you are incapable of reading.
    No it doesn't.
    The simplistic understanding as 'just about what the government does' Is frankly retarded - Or otherwise the necessary logical consequent is that the KKK never violated any black persons civil liberties - Which is again, retarded.
    That describes your analogy between coloured people and the KKK more than anything. Are you honestly incapable of understanding the difference between something you can change, and something you cannot?
    That relates to an immutable characteristic, and that has absolutely nothing to do with what i said:
    The simplistic understanding as 'just about what the government does' Is frankly retarded - Or otherwise the necessary logical consequent is that the KKK never violated any black persons civil liberties - Which is again, retarded.
    Which has nothing to do with any characteristic, it has to do with this:
    The simplistic understanding as 'just about what the government does' Is frankly retarded.
    Very plain text.
    Actors other than the state can, and do, chill free speech -
    Yes. Should they be able to do so without ever having to face any consequences? No
    Are you free to do something if you suffer consequences for it? (the answer is No).
    It makes nazi's, KKK and other shitstains that would otherwise spend every day spewing hate and acting like the waste of air they are, think twice. They can still spew their shit, but they have to live with the consequences, which is only right.
    Cool - Then you aren't in favor of free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Like when one ran over somebody? or when a group beat up a black guy for no reason?
    Like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79BCG5dL4WM

Or if were talking antifa like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d31ro8cBpfk

Face it hate crimes goes both ways..... and anyone who commits a hate crime gets a automatic 5 year added sentence under the hate crime statute.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I think your right
    It's ok, Antifa are tracking down random people who weren't part of the event to assault

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah there's nothing scarily authoritarian about trying to get the information of 1.3 million people who visited an innocuous website just because said website was anti-Trump.
    Haven't you learned yet? It's only "authoritarian" if the Left does something. If the Right does it, it's "patriotic" (or was that pathetic...)

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    It's ok, Antifa are tracking down random people who weren't part of the event to assault

Wonder what boston's statute is on masked assasilants..

This was posted on the_donald today and it raises a interesting question
    http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/t...ction18.2-422/

"it shall be unlawful for any person over 16 years of age to, with the intent to conceal his identity, wear any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place"
    The violation of any provisions of this section is a Class 6 felony.

So basically half of the Antifa members in Charlettesville were committing a felony and the police did nothing to stop it. #ImpeachtheVirginiaGovernor.

I'm continuing to love the, "Ignore the Nazi that killed somebody, ANTIFA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post

I think antifa shops at hot topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Nah the free speech people have actual Jobs they have to go to rather than rioting in the streets....
    Must be some pretty shitty jobs if they can't take one Saturday off from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I'm continuing to love the, "Ignore the Nazi that killed somebody, ANTIFA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
    It's all they have. If they didn't have those distractions and whataboutisms they would have to admit that they're okay with what the Nazis are doing.

So since everyone wants to call the left so tolerant..... And their protestors never do anything wrong.. Lets see what happens when you "protest" a Left rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNegGEoohK4

Looks like Trump picked his side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You sure?
    Because that's what i literally said.
    Yeah, I know it might come as a shock, but I don't give a shit what you think about the matter.

Pretty sure all Alt-righters want's to end affirmative racism.
    You might have fooled someone with that BEFORE Charlotteville.

Pretty sure a bunch of black men were fired for being 'uppity' too.
    Yeah, and people used to drop unwanted babies in the woods to be eaten. Hey, the rest of us is discussing 2017, get your head out of 1930.

No it doesn't.

That relates to an immutable characteristic, and that has absolutely nothing to do with what i said:

Which has nothing to do with any characteristic, it has to do with this:
    The simplistic understanding as 'just about what the government does' Is frankly retarded.
    Very plain text.
    Actors other than the state can, and do, chill free speech -
    You bore me. Your inabillity to read and understand simple sentences also bore me.

Are you free to do something if you suffer consequences for it? (the answer is No).
    Of course you are. Being free to do something doesn't automatically absolve you from the consequences of your actions. You are free to jump off a tall building, that doesn't mean that you won't suffer the inevitable consequences as gravity does what gravity does.

Cool - Then you aren't in favor of free speech.
    I am in favour of free speech. I am not in favour of freedom from consequences arising from free speech.

You however, are not in favour of free speech given that you want to be able to say whatever you want, without anyone else being free to react to what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

Please show me 1 picture of a nazi flag or KKK in boston??? it was literally Moderates who believe in free speech vs Communists...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    He did THAT when he went three days before he criticized the nazi/KKK/alt-right gathering and the terrorism in charlotteville, and then turned around and blamed "the Left" for what happened there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79BCG5dL4WM

Or if were talking antifa like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d31ro8cBpfk

Face it hate crimes goes both ways..... and anyone who commits a hate crime gets a automatic 5 year added sentence under the hate crime statute.
    Murder is far worse than everything antifa did... combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please show me 1 picture of a nazi flag or KKK in boston??? it was literally Moderates who believe in free speech vs Communists...
    Trump supporters are not "moderates" nor are they "innocents".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So since everyone wants to call the left so tolerant..... And their protestors never do anything wrong.. Lets see what happens when you "protest" a Left rally

The media doesn't want people to see this.
    They have already written the story about how peaceful the protests are:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/c...?event=event25
    Call them Nazis, white supremacists or “free speech” advocates — whatever label you prefer, they were the hunted and harassed Saturday on Boston Common.

A baker’s dozen or so of conservative activists gathered forlornly on the bandstand in advance of a “free speech” rally whose true agenda stirred enough concern to shut down the city’s famous swan boats for what the mayor said was the first time in Boston’s history. Meanwhile, thousands of counterprotesters held signs, chanted some words that Anthony Scaramucci would appreciate, played music and did their best to demoralize the enemy. In that, they succeeded, as the tiny bandstand group left early. Those alleged “free speech” proponents who inserted themselves into the anti-hate crowd were surrounded amidst chants of “shame” and “Nazi scum.” During tense moments when shouting matches broke out, police protected the pursued from their pursuers.

Silencing hate was the point, the counterprotesters said. When I asked one young woman who carried a sign that said hate speech is not free speech to explain why she believes that, she said “Neo-Nazism is a call to action” and therefore is not protected speech. Violence is not protected, but there is no hate speech exception to the First Amendment.

She traveled from Connecticut to participate in the counterprotest because “I’m not going to let Nazis come into New England,” she said. On one hand, that’s a worthy cause. On the other, the sight of a young man wearing a red, white, and blue helmet, encircled by a crowd of protesters screeching “shame, shame, shame,” raises questions about tactics. The last thing an anti-hate movement should want to do is stoke sympathy for those they identify as haters.

Hundreds of police were deployed to keep order. In the end, this was a mostly peaceful protest, marred by some scuffles and arrests. Of course, Boston has weathered many protests, over many causes, including, not so long ago, the fight over desegregating the city’s public schools. That was also about race and hate, yielding an infamous photograph — the Pulitzer Prize-winning shot taken by Stanley Forman of a young, white man lunging at a black man with the sharp point of a flagpole, with the American flag attached. That was 1976. It’s sad to think the division and racial tension behind it are still alive and well in so many parts of this country.

Boston’s protesters wanted to send the opposite message, that hate is not welcome here, that today this is a city of love and inclusion for everyone except Nazis. I just hope that by silencing their enemies, they don’t empower them and give them a louder megaphone than they had before.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Because everyone who doesn't want the alt-right running the show is a communist, right? Fuck, you people are pathetic...

10+ Year Old Account

Anti-trump =/ left wing.