Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think this is the third or fourth time you've brought up Anita Sarkeesian in an issue that has nothing to do with her lol.
    And this is why I keep doing so. Because you don't seem to understand the point I keep making. That you are being incredibly hypocritical since you are sympathetic to the ideology in question here. Where as with her, you are not. When both situations are exactly the same.

Both individuals were showing up to speak. Both individuals knew that they would have protesters speaking out against their ideology. Both individuals claimed they received death threats. Both individuals backed out. Both police departments involved in both individuals' claims have said there's no proof of such threats. And both individuals continued to not provide any kind of proof.

Yet we are to believe this one guy because...why? Because you are sympathetic to his ideology and not hers.

As for them not wanting to have their views challenged... they held a rally lol. You are better than this. Do you really think they didn't want their views challenged?
    A rally is not a debate. A rally is basically an echo chamber of your own followers all yelling the same thing trying to get others to change their minds by screaming things at them.

Or maybe they just didn't feel like getting hit in the face by a rock?
    You are SEVERELY overblowing how much actually happened. There were 40,000 people in total combined, and only 27 arrests. Nobody had to go to the hospital. Nobody died. The people who committed acts of aggression were arrested and the rest of their ilk was dispersed. The "antifa" group never even made it to the original group protesting. They decided to shut down and give up before anybody even got there.

You're literally the only person that's questioning whether or not the man received death threats.
    Because I'm actually skeptical. Thanks for that appeal to popularity though. Apparently its such a damning thing to ask for proof of a death threat before condemning it. Its almost like people lie. Its almost like quite a few people associated with this protest are all part of the same group that have perpetrated direct conspiracies in the past. Its almost like quite a few of the people associated with this protest are not trusthworthy on their face.

but on the flip side when protestors are throwing rock's it makes the point moot.
    No it doesn't because the rocks were being thrown at everybody. Protesters that stayed after the protest was dismissed. Counter-protesters. Police. Media. Everyone.

The google firing is a free speech issue for many, perhaps not yourself, but now you are trying to suggest that because one of the guy's believed in pizza gate, he should be denied his first amendment rights, along with the rest of the organizers.
    Holy fuck what a stretch here, I said nothing of the sort. But, fuck it. I forgot what a lost cause discussing with you was. So I'm done wasting my time. Stop lying. Maybe then people will take your claims more seriously rather than the obvious ideological nonsense that they often are. There's only so many times I can say the exact same thing while you strawman it in the exact same way before I realize its a lost cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I looked through a bunch of pages but didn't find anything saying that this was alt right or neo nazis or anything actually bad? Are we automatically attacking this just because it's called a free speech rally?
    You do realize you can see who organized this, right? They're all right-wing individuals. Including the influential alt-right dude who perpetrated pizzagate for months and months.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-08-19 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked through a bunch of pages but didn't find anything saying that this was alt right or neo nazis or anything actually bad? Are we automatically attacking this just because it's called a free speech rally?
    It was attacked because of the timing.

That and the only people complaining about 'free speech' at the moment happen to be alt-right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    But Anita Sarkeesian REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    But Pizzagate REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    But Google REEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Looks like some of that whataboutism you were bitching about earlier
    I'm really curious if this guy debates this way in real life. "YOU MAKE FUN OF SJW'S THAT WHINE ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT BUT NOW YOU'RE WHINING ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT TOO!!"

Really this has just turned into another Charlottesville thread. There were hardly any Free Speech people there, and the counter-protesters showed up expecting the Neo-Nazis, though they don't appear to have showed.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    But Anita Sarkeesian REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    But Pizzagate REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    But Google REEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Looks like some of that whataboutism you were bitching about earlier
    That's not whataboutism lol. You might want to go look up the definition. I'm not saying ignore these people and focus on this event. I'm pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the same thing happening to two ideologically different people and the reaction being different because they are sympathetic to one side over the other. Try harder.

Asking for proof of a death thread is such a damning thing apparently. Unless people who are claiming to receive them are those you disagree with. Then its expected.

> Free speech advocates
    > Fascists

Are Antifa really so dumb that they cannot grasp that these are mutually exclusive?

Next we'll have a Jewish convention being labelled Nazis, or a bunch of Islamists being labelled Feminists

fucking hell. I hate millennials

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I've, time and time again, said i don't like either group and I've condemned both. Why can you not understand this? Please take that progressive lens off for just this one reply and get it.
    There's no moral equivlanecy between the two and any attempt to draw one is absurd.

ANTIFA, at their worst, commits mob violence, which is sadly, not uncommon in large groups of people. It's a loose group, but broadly, their goals are not extremist.

This contrasts with the Alt-Right, which is a far more organized white supremacist movement that engages in widespread plausabile deniability about that fact (as if the rest of us are idiots and don't see them for what they are... really... it's just insulting). At their worst, they engage in jihadi-style terrorism and worse, as we've seen the past week from some of our own Alt-Right people, but across the internet as a whole, excuse the terrorism just like Islamists do.

ANTIFA is a protest group that engaged in lawbreaking periodically. But it's civilian crimes, like property destruction and assault. It falls well within the preview of local and state police.

The far more organized Alt-Right is far closer to the Islamist groups in Europe that we don't really have in the US, namely these guys:

They committed one terrorist attack and their supporters have excused it, just as the islamists do. They should be watched not just by local and state police, but the Department of Homeland Security.

They are an extremist group. Their agenda is extremist. Their tactics are extremist. Just like Islamists. ANTIFA, which has some thuggish members no doubt, does not check any of those boxes. ANTIFA is no different than any of the protest groups across the last 50 years, from ANSWER to the WTO Protests, to the Vietnam war ones, that occasionally get rough.

Rough. But not terrorism. Which is exactly what the Alt-Right did and then excused.

So no. There is no equivalency, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    > Free speech advocates
    > Fascists

Are Antifa really so dumb that they cannot grasp that these are mutually exclusive?

Next we'll have a Jewish convention being labelled Nazis, or a bunch of Islamists being labelled Feminists

When the people advocating free speech are alt right, the comparison holds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

> Free speech advocates
    > Fascists

You know just because you label it a Free Speech rally doesn't necessarily mean you actually support free speech, right?

Kinda like the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is not Democratic nor a Republic.

Joe Biggs (former infowars employee and conspiracy theorist, although those pretty much go hand in hand) and Kyle Chapman, aka "Based Stickman" were two of the speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And this is why I keep doing so. Because you don't seem to understand the point I keep making. That you are being incredibly hypocritical since you are sympathetic to the ideology in question here. Where as with her, you are not. When both situations are exactly the same.

Both individuals were showing up to speak. Both individuals knew that they would have protesters speaking out against their ideology. Both individuals claimed they received death threats. Both individuals backed out. Both police departments involved in both individuals' claims have said there's no proof of such threats. And both individuals continued to not provide any kind of proof.

Yet we are to believe this one guy because...why? Because you are sympathetic to his ideology and not hers.
    Dude let the Anita Sarkeesian thing go already lol. You're embarassing yourself here.

A rally is not a debate. A rally is basically an echo chamber of your own followers all yelling the same thing trying to get others to change their minds.
    Ok, you're assuming that the free speech rally organizers assumed no protestors would show up, then you are also asssuming they are fabricating evidence of death threats with no evidence, and this despite the fact that protestors of the rally were in fact doing violent acts like throwing rocks. What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to do to get to this point?

You are SEVERELY overblowing how much actually happened. There were 40,000 people in total combined, and only 27 arrests. Nobody had to go to the hospital. Nobody died. The people who committed acts of aggression were arrested and the rest of their ilk was dispersed. The "antifa" group never even made it to the original group protesting. They decided to shut down and give up before anybody even got there.
    Yeah the violence was quelled because of the police, not because of a lack of violent protestors. You keep ignoring this point. 500 police officers, I'd like to add.

Because I'm actually skeptical. Thanks for that appeal to popularity though. Apparently its such a damning thing to ask for proof of a death threat before condemning it. Its almost like people lie. Its almost like quite a few people associated with this protest are all part of the same group that have perpetrated direct conspiracies in the past. Its almost like quite a few of the people associated with this protest are not trusthworthy on their face.
    It's pretty obvious here that you don't believe in the death threats claim simply because you don't like the message being delivered from the group. If the event organizers simply wanted to cancel the event, why wouldn't they just do so then? This idea of them making up the death threats literally has nothing that supports it logically or with evidence.

No it doesn't because the rocks were being thrown at everybody. Protesters that stayed after the protest was dismissed. Counter-protesters. Police. Media. Everyone.
    If the free speech folks threw rocks, they deserve to be criticized. I hope you display some evidence of this claim. On the flip side that still doesn't excuse the free speech protestors from throwing rocks at the group and it also doesn't discredit their fear of safety.

Holy fuck what a stretch here, I said nothing of the sort. But, fuck it. I forgot what a lost cause discussing with you was. So I'm done wasting my time. Stop lying. Maybe then people will take your claims more seriously rather than the obvious ideological nonsense that they often are. There's only so many times I can say the exact same thing while you strawman it in the exact same way before I realize its a lost cause.
    You really need to chill out lol.

After checking out for a few, looks like I was indeed correct.

This is another one of those attempts by the usual suspects to change the meaning of a term and use it to push their pathetic agenda.

You aren't fooling a god damn person that hasn't already sold their morals for 'the lulz'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You know just because you label it a Free Speech rally doesn't necessarily mean you actually support free speech, right?

Kinda like the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is not Democratic nor a Republic.
    Shhhhhhhhh dont burst the bubble. They are alt-right, not Neo-Nazis! It's a free speech rally, not a right-wing protest whining about a private company firing someone who said dumb shit! It's all Fake News(tm)!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post

Kinda like when you name your group Antifa but you're really fa?

LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    > Free speech advocates
    > Fascists

No, they're smart enough to be able to realize that someone claiming to be a "free speech advocate" while waving a nazi or confederate flag isn't really advocating for free speech.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

LUL
    Pretty much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    There's no moral equivlanecy between the two and any attempt to draw one is absurd.

ANTIFA, at their worst, commits mob violence, which is sadly, not uncommon in large groups of people. It's a loose group, but broadly, their goals are not extremist.

This contrasts with the Alt-Right, which is a far more organized white supremacist movement that engages in widespread plausabile deniability about that fact (as if the rest of us are idiots and don't see them for what they are... really... it's just insulting). At their worst, they engage in jihadi-style terrorism and worse, as we've seen the past week from some of our own Alt-Right people, but across the internet as a whole, excuse the terrorism just like Islamists do.

ANTIFA is a protest group that engaged in lawbreaking periodically. But it's civilian crimes, like property destruction and assault. It falls well within the preview of local and state police.

The far more organized Alt-Right is far closer to the Islamist groups in Europe that we don't really have in the US, namely these guys:

They committed one terrorist attack and their supporters have excused it, just as the islamists do. They should be watched not just by local and state police, but the Department of Homeland Security.

They are an extremist group. Their agenda is extremist. Their tactics are extremist. Just like Islamists. ANTIFA, which has some thuggish members no doubt, does not check any of those boxes. ANTIFA is no different than any of the protest groups across the last 50 years, from ANSWER to the WTO Protests, to the Vietnam war ones, that occasionally get rough.

Rough. But not terrorism. Which is exactly what the Alt-Right did and then excused.

So no. There is no equivalency, period.
    I kinda feel like you should want neither nazis nor anarcho communists in our country, skroe. You of all people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    It's pretty telling when someone "condemns both" in a case where one side commits actual terrorism, and the other got subjected to it. Either condemn those who instigated the violence and actually murdered someone WITHOUT making up lies about "the other side being just as bad", or stop pretending.
    Ok, they're your guys and you like them and they are the bastions of freedom and are on the right side of history. I sure hope I don't get this same rhetoric you have now when they kill somebody.

LUL
    I am not an advocate for Antifa. I already called them lawless anarchists earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, they're your guys and you like them and they are the bastions of freedom and are on the right side of history. I sure hope I don't get this same rhetoric you have now when they kill somebody.
    Nobody is claiming they are saints, but the sides aren't equally to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not even REMOTELY what I have said. You are simply full of shit, and now you're using it to build a strawman with. Pathetic.

Yes that's how brainwashed lunatics are taught to think.
    I skimmed through the 4 hour video in the OP and found a black guy walking around freely supporting Trump, yelling things to crowds such as "Trump is not a racist", among other things. He looked pretty safe to me. White supremacists no where to be found.