Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why would anybody disagree with this? It's so true..
    So many people forget WoW is a fantasy RPG with a lot of medieval elements and shit taken from tolkien lore. Though staying very unique in it's art style and diverse universe. it isn't just medieval (that's mostly alliance side) so I won't go play a LOTR MMO, I like Warcraft. RP is RP. A Dwarf Warrior would obviously want to wear something that looks like something a Dwarf would wear unless you forget what Dwarves look like. A simple axe, simple metal and chain "realistic" armor with maybe a horned helmet. That's how Dwarves look, even in Warcraft universe. But that is so hard to find transmog for unless you go back to vanilla low textered crap. Stormforged (armor) and Steelforged (weapons) are as close as you get. See, this stuff is in the game so it IS Warcraft style stuff, if it wasn't then there would absolutely no getting passed looking like a beardless transformer comicbook dwarf.

Don't get me started on Mage transmogs... There needs to be less shoulder pads and more medivh style hoods.

I go back and forth between Stormforged crafted set (minus helm) and a custom mountain king (too badass to pass up) look for my Dwarf Warrior

All gear should stay how it looks but just add new gear that looks like vanilla gear classic rpg gear or "realistic" whatever you want to call it.

Wanting HD remodels of those older items doesn't sound like too much to ask, but I could be wrong. It could cost us a raid tier....

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Anyone other RP'ers feel slightly annoyed that if you want to play a realistic looking medieval-esque character, your only options are ancient vanilla items? RPing is what I like to do most in WoW, but the choices for gear are so limited. Most of the gear that's 60+ just doesn't work well for RP as it's too fancy or outlandish. I'm sort of stuck with very low textured armour if I want to RP with some realism. I mean it's Legion and as an RP'er I feel like I'm always stuck in the past. The game looks and feels a lot better now but I'm still wearing gear from like 2006. It's a shame.
    You are playing a fantasy game full of magic and other improbable factors, and you want to pretend you're medieval? Why...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Wanting HD remodels of those older items doesn't sound like too much to ask, but I could be wrong. It could cost us a raid tier....
    Maybe not tier-sets but there is a chance redone models would replace all the leveling/crafting gear for an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    You are playing a fantasy game full of magic and other improbable factors, and you want to pretend you're medieval? Why...?
    Because a lot of WoW's aesthetic is based on high mediaeval styles and a lot of the "general grunt" NPCs use mediaeval looking equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    You can't be serious.. There are hundreds of "realistic" looking Weapons across all the expansions of WoW.
    Fel Hunter on a stick - 10/10 realness factor

MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

WoW is high fantasy. And very very high.
    If you are looking for a gritty and dark look like Game of Thrones you are in the wrong game.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

LOL, WoW isn't a RPG, hasn't been in years. It's a crowd Blizzard won't cater to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    If you are looking for a gritty and dark look like Game of Thrones you are in the wrong game.
    And if you think anybody here asked for gritty and dark, you're in the wrong thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    Errr, the OP wanted some realistic looking stuff. Can you tell me what's so "gritty and dark" with this?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Well how about we scratch out "realistic" and replace it with "consistent with the game in its original incarnation".

Some people wanna be high-res footmen with normal footman weaponry.

- - - Updated - - -

So basic footmen don't exist in WoW, huh?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Footman

Nope, simple and "realistic" just doesn't exist in WoW. You're totally right. This is just wannabe GoT roleplay.

Absolutely dense.

- - - Updated - - -

Again. Footmen are a thing in the Warcraft universe. Not everyone wants to be the fucking super-hero in this game, eh?

Get your head out of your arse.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate. You've clearly never roleplayed.

Dragonslaying in roleplay is EXTRAORDINARILY rare.

- - - Updated - - -

You just told the OP of the thread that he doesn't understand his own point.

...what?

- - - Updated - - -

...you're kidding, right?

For RP to be good, there needs to be a fucking community for you to interact with.

Nobody wants to just RP alone in an empty world.
    The moment you said that dragonslaying is rare in rp was the moment I stopped taking you seriously. Footmen rp is fine and boring, but very few people on my server play it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You'd think that after 10 years of expansions it would eventually sink in that this small minority is not going to be catered to. I mean, I don't think there's anything WRONG with what you want, but I'm pretty sure you're not going to get it with WoW.
    This is pretty much the /thread post here. Regardless of whether or not what you have to say has merit, the fact that it only would impact a small minority means that it won't get dev time over other work. Most players are looking for the over the top flair, and that's OK. If that changes someday, then maybe you'll get what you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    i got all my vaccines because not being dead is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If you want to take the lore seriously and be immersed, you don't RP in Orgrimmar. You find a guild instead.
    What's an RP guild? You mean those snobby things that demand you fill out an app and have a waitlist to tavern RP with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    What's an RP guild? You mean those snobby things that demand you fill out an app and have a waitlist to tavern RP with them?
    If those are the ones you're looking for, then sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    OP asked about realistic weapons with high definition textures and all you guys are doing is talking about WoW being hyper fantasy game or saying OP to stop play WoW.

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

That's one is actually burning. So not that much realistic weapon... Though I agree, there are plenty of realistic weapons in WoW, I mean in the further expansions such as MOP/WOD etc.
    Simple and realistic gear are different things tho, and if OP would be really talking about HD textures for old gear there would be way more people agreeing with him, but he started this with a lot of gibberish like "the game lacks realistic gear", whatever the fuck "realistic gear" means for a fantasy game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Fel Hunter on a stick - 10/10 realness factor

i mean... people been making daggers and shit out of animal bones, why not use whole animal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Play a different MMO that more closely matches the style you're looking for. Ultima Online should suffice. Hang out in Felucca there should be plenty of people who will help you there.

Yeah I've had this issue. Sometimes leveling/non level capped crafting gear fits the bill well enough but end game gear tends to be...shall we say over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post

The Stormwind Guard set from WoD is probably one of the best options you would have for "high res plain armor". But I absolutely agree that they should add more.
    Not an RP'er either but this is the first thing that came to my mind.

Also super disappointed in the lack of pics.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

But they already do that OP...

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Anyone other RP'ers feel slightly annoyed that if you want to play a realistic looking medieval-esque character, your only options are ancient vanilla items? RPing is what I like to do most in WoW, but the choices for gear are so limited. Most of the gear that's 60+ just doesn't work well for RP as it's too fancy or outlandish. I'm sort of stuck with very low textured armour if I want to RP with some realism. I mean it's Legion and as an RP'er I feel like I'm always stuck in the past. The game looks and feels a lot better now but I'm still wearing gear from like 2006. It's a shame.
    wouldn't there be more suited games for RP realistic medieval?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    OP, I'm sorry there are so many shitheads in your thread who don't understand the importance of catering to multiple audiences.

I'm a mythic raider so I don't really care about what you RP people do, but I agree there is definitely design space for people who want armor sets designed for locals and not for heroes.

For anybody saying "Oh hurr durr this is a fantasy game it's unrealistic,": Have you looked at the NPCs added in each expansion? Look at Khadgar's outfit. It looks pretty normal to me. Looks pretty realistic. He doesn't have shoulder pads the size of his head shooting out fire, frost, and arcane magic into the sky every 3 seconds. Look at the guards walking around. Look at the local people added in. A lot of the villagers in Highmountain are not wearing crazy ass armor. Why could they not take these shitty armor sets that they design at the beginning of an expansion for quest gear and dungeon gear and not make it look just a touch more realistic? Nobody who wants their super mega epic armor is ever going to transmog to that shit gear anyway. Just make it a little more shit so it looks like what a standard guy cruising out in the lands would wear and then blammo. You just accidentally made a subsection of WoW's population extremely happy without sacrificing anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are still mostly low resolution and the gear you get from leveling and from professions now is nowhere near sensible for an RPer to use unless they want to look like a hero. You're nuts.
    Well thanks for your understanding. Glad someone else has sense, like By The Emperor and Sarithus....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Well how about we scratch out "realistic" and replace it with "consistent with the game in its original incarnation".

Some people wanna be high-res footmen with normal footman weaponry.

- - - Updated - - -

So basic footmen don't exist in WoW, huh?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Footman

Nope, simple and "realistic" just doesn't exist in WoW. You're totally right. This is just wannabe GoT roleplay.

Absolutely dense.

- - - Updated - - -

Again. Footmen are a thing in the Warcraft universe. Not everyone wants to be the fucking super-hero in this game, eh?

Get your head out of your arse.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate. You've clearly never roleplayed.

Dragonslaying in roleplay is EXTRAORDINARILY rare.

- - - Updated - - -

You just told the OP of the thread that he doesn't understand his own point.

...what?

- - - Updated - - -

...you're kidding, right?

For RP to be good, there needs to be a fucking community for you to interact with.

Nobody wants to just RP alone in an empty world.
    I agree with your points and you understand mine it seems. Sarithus did as well, he was just backing up my point and nothing he said was inconsistent with what I was saying. Think there may have been a miscommunication here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Too bad? You want high res textures on common looking items. You think Blizz is going to take the time to devote resources to such a thing?
    No I don't... Which is the whole point of the thread? I'm always baffled by people who repeat the basic tenet of a thread after several pages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    what about playing the game with current gear and mogging it into ''old'' gear, or only using your RP gear, when actually RPing? i mean, it has to brutally suck, if you're wearing level 60 gear while doing lvl 110 content. If you're actually WEARING that old gear, i guess, you can't be helped and should play something non-visual.
    As I said, you can just use current gear, and mog it into ''suiting'' RP-gear.
    Okay... Yeah. I'm convinced people don't understand what RP even is. I'm not even going to bother explaining how ignorant that is.