Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The problem with this statement is that politicians on the right actively embrace and cater to their extremists while the mode rates shrug it off and vote along.
    The same is true for the left... Almost all Democrat candidates embraced Black Lives Matter... That organization has regularly caused riots and have you ever listened to their chants during their "protests"?

Here are a few good ones:

"What do we want!? Dead cops! When do we want it!? Now!"
    "Pigs (police) in a blanket! Fry em like bacon!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The two parties in the US are moving more towards monolithic unified platforms, thus the room for intra-party disagreement lessens and the ability to accept only some of the party line goes down. The US really needs 2-3 more viable political parties, even if they are geographically based.

Moderates and centrists will and always will remain the majority, sadly though their voices are often drowned out by radicals and left/right-wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The two parties in the US are moving more towards monolithic unified platforms, thus the room for intra-party disagreement lessens and the ability to accept only some of the party line goes down. The US really needs 2-3 more viable political parties, even if they are geographically based.
    Trump is currently attempting to create a schism in the Republican Party so the alt right and neo Nazis can split off. So you might get your wish!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    what if you're pro choice and in favor of gay marriage, but anti immigration and against progressive taxation?
    Then you're fucked!

Enjoy two party politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Trump is currently attempting to create a schism in the Republican Party so the alt right and neo Nazis can split off. So you might get your wish!

- - - Updated - - -

Then you're fucked!

Enjoy two party politics.
    I said VIABLE, the far right is not viable on its own, just as the far left has not been.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Are there any left in the United States or has everybody been forced to pick an extreme side? A

Are there still people out there that research candidates based on their records and not their political affiliation?

What about people that think the government can be more fiscally conservative AND also be socially liberal?

Do people think for themselves any more or do they just look up whether a person is a Republican or Democrat before deciding to agree or disagree with them?

Please tell me I'm not the only person concerned that our government and media are being overtaken by extremes on BOTH the left AND the right?
    There's plenty of moderates they are just not voicing much on social media as they are not crazy and full of passion that over wrights rational thought and common sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    I don't really mind the opposition, anarchists are pretty interesting people, but the centrist is a bland person that just repeats what he thinks "experts" at the FP, WSJ, FA and/or The Economist say without understanding what its being said and thinks that makes him an expert and in the side of "science". Its annoying, centrists are basically IYIs.
    You have really no idea what you're talking about.

Seems like you believe the real world politics work like D&D alignment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There's plenty of moderates they are just not voicing much on social media as they are not crazy and full of passion that over wrights rational thought and common sense.
    You are the reason why people think moderates are disappearing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    You have really no idea what you're talking about.

Seems like you believe the real world politics work like D&D alignment.
    "Real world politics" nice

Also, right now you are being the perfect image of what I just described.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    "Real world politics" nice
    Also, right now you are being the perfect image of what I just described.
    I'm pretty sure you're playing some sort of character in here now, it's too good to be true.

Anyway I don't have really to read any trolling, I can just block you.
    Last edited by mmoc00230c3bbe; 2017-08-21 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're playing some sort of character in here now, it's too good to be true.
    Excuse me if I don't take people seriously that mention "real world politics" as something that is supposed to mean something big and serious. lol.