Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    plus, if it is only first revealed at blizzcon, we're looking at one year+ of 7.3.
    no, we dont cause 77 days after 7.3 comes 7.3.5 and thats a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Everyone says that, but Blizzard never has. It's just an agreed-upon accepted fact by the community, except it's not a fact.
    #1 it IS a fact.
    #2 ofc Blizzard doesnt admit fails cause you dont do that ever.

And? Who cares? There will be plenty of content in 7.3. Maybe there's gonna be 7.4. I don't get why ppl want a new expansion already.

It's like ppl bitch there's not enough content (like in WoD), Blizzard releases Legion, makes amends with updating the game every few months and now when content isn't an issue, you bitch about getting more expansions faster? WTH
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2017-08-20 at 02:01 PM.

It was said that expansions won't come early since Legion, two years per expansion, so it was expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    TBC was announced 11 months into Vanilla.
    WotLK was announced 7 months into TBC.
    Cata was announced 9 months into WotLK.
    MoP was announced 10 months into Cata.
    WoD was announced 14 months into MoP.
    Legion was announced 9 months into WoD.

If the new expansion is going to be revealed at Blizzcon then we'll be 15 months into Legion.

It will be the longest wait for a new expansion reveal in WoW history.
    Does it honestly matter how long into an expansion they announce it? No.

The only thing that matters is the actual release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Does it honestly matter how long into an expansion they announce it? No.

The only thing that matters is the actual release date.
    It can cause people to have the perception that Legion is going to last longer than other expansions, regardless if that's true or not. Granted, Legion's patch cycle has been on point, and we still have the very large 7.3 to look forward to as well as 7.3.5 in about three months, so withholding the 8.0 announcement until Blizzcon may still make sense from a marketing perspective. Blizzard may just want us to focus on Legion for the time being.

However, Legion's reception has been mixed. While I'd say it's certainly more popular than the nearly-universally reviled WoD (Personally, Legion's in the Top 3 for me), there is a sizable chunk of the community who seem to not enjoy Legion. Blizzard has to weigh whether delaying the 8.0 announcement will further sour these people with trying to keep those who are enjoying Legion engaged in its continuing patch cycle and not distracting them with an 8.0 announcement.

There's really no easy answer to when 8.0 will announced, but I'd say, as of now, signs mostly point to Blizzcon since Blizz hasn't gone out of their way to tell us an announcement is coming at Gamescom.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    TBC was announced 11 months into Vanilla.
    WotLK was announced 7 months into TBC.
    Cata was announced 9 months into WotLK.
    MoP was announced 10 months into Cata.
    WoD was announced 14 months into MoP.
    Legion was announced 9 months into WoD.

If the new expansion is going to be revealed at Blizzcon then we'll be 15 months into Legion.

It will be the longest wait for a new expansion reveal in WoW history.
    And? They're gonna hype 7.3, tease what's coming up in future patches, and just when we think we're gonna tell us, they'll leave us with blue balls until BlizzCon. Suck it up buttercup. BlizzCon ain't that far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

#1 it IS a fact.
    #2 ofc Blizzard doesnt admit fails cause you dont do that ever.
    Nope, just a theory.

7+ Year Old Account
    A question. Where and when will Blizzard's reveal ceremony and 7.3 unveil be streamed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetox View Post
    A question. Where and when will Blizzard's reveal ceremony and 7.3 unveil be streamed?
    Probably on Twitch.

Deleted
    guys thry can just show us a trailer thats like 4 min and that would be it. cya at blizzcon for full reveal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    guys thry can just show us a trailer thats like 4 min and that would be it. cya at blizzcon for full reveal
    What purpose would that serve?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy if they didn't announce it at some small event in Europe actually. I'd gladly wait until Blizzcon for the reveal. It's not like Legion is hurting for Content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'd be happy if they didn't announce it at some small event in Europe actually. I'd gladly wait until Blizzcon for the reveal. It's not like Legion is hurting for Content.
    Why so anti-Europe?

It will go how it goes. I will be cool with it. Most of you will be actin like bitches over it. Just another expansion cylce at its finest.

The only problem I can see with a Blizzcon announcement is that generally speaking there is almost always a year between when they announce and when they release an Expansion. There is also almost always a month between pre-patch and release (Cata and the world revamp being the big exception - something that may be happening again with the coming expansion in order to implement the new tech like WQs and Enemy Scaling that came with Legion to the old world). While this expansion has proven that old conventions may obviously not apply, it is my biggest concern.

TBC was announced October 28, 2005, pre-patch December 5th, 2006, and released January 16th, 2007. (14 months, 17 days)
    Wrath was announced August 3, 2007, pre-patch October 15, 2008, and released November 13th, 2008. (15 months, 10 days)
    Cata was announced August 21, 2009, pre-patch October 12, 2010, and released December 7th, 2010. (15 months, 17 days)
    Mists was announced October 21, 2011, pre-patch August 28, 2012, and released September 25th, 2012. (11 months, 4 days)
    WoD was announced November 8, 2013, pre-patch October 14, 2014, and released November 13th, 2014 (12 months, 5 days)
    Legion was announced August 6, 2015, pre-patch July 19, 2016, and released August 30th 2016 (12 months, 24 days)

Now, the rest of this is obviously speculative and based on currently known (and assumed) details:

7.3 is assumed to release on 29th of August, 2017. This very much lines up with the assumed 7.3 trailer and release date announced at Gamecom on the 23rd. It also lines up with the 77 days theory. It's highly possible that the release date will be later however, as we have still not seen a "release candidate" patch on the PTR yet, and this patch is quite a bit larger than previous Legion Patches (in fact, I would venture to say that outside of expansion patches, this is the largest patch that has ever be released)

If the release date is the 29th, however, then we can equally assume that 7.3.5 and the Antorus Raid will release 21st of November and 28th of November respectively, as this would make 5 consecutive "77 days" between patches this Expansion, and that is entirely too often to be a coincidence. This too, makes a lot of sense as it would mean that we will see an official 7.3.5 release trailer at Blizzcon and this gives World First guilds a chance to get back home well in advance of raid release.

If the announcement of the Expansion is November 4th, 2017 at Blizzcon, then we will likely not see that Expansion release until sometime between October 1st 2018 and March 1st 2019 based on historical data, with a pre-patch sometime between September 1st 2018 and February 1st 2018.

This means that unless there is a 7.4, we will be looking at a minimum of 10 months between the release of the Antorus Raid and the next content update, which Blizzard has been going way out of their way to avoid with this Expansion.

If it is announced at Gamescom instead we would be looking at a July 1st 2018 and December 1st, 2018 pre-patch based on historical data, giving us a minimum of 7 months between Antorus and the next content update - obviously this is much more in line with the philosophy of Legion content releases.

Of course, Blizzard could be completely breaking convention and historical data will be useless (which it generally has been with regards to content updates in Legion). So I think it is still highly likely that Gamescom will only include 7.3 data, Blizzcon 7.3.5 and 8.0 Announce, and we see a much shorter window between announce and release for the expansion, giving us another August release.

I also think it's possible that we may see another patch in Legion that does not contain a raid (as I believe Antorus has been confirmed to be the last raid?). Having a 7.4 patch that bridges the gap between the raid and the expansion pre-patch makes a lot of sense - especially in light of the 7.3 "soft launch" stuff that has been happening on live the last 2 weeks. Having an epilogue to legion that has us finishing off our work on Argus after the fall of the Legion and returning to whatever awaits us in the next expansion on Azeroth with small story tidbits and scenarios (and maybe a dungeon or two) over a period of weeks (like what is happening with 7.3 right now) would help with the typical content drought we face between final raid and pre-patch.

If this is the case, I would think that this patch would be teased or possibly fully announced at Gamescom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What purpose would that serve?
    well they would tecnhnically reveal it just not wiith the panels or they could just have a teaser vid idk

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    It can cause people to have the perception that Legion is going to last longer than other expansions, regardless if that's true or not. Granted, Legion's patch cycle has been on point, and we still have the very large 7.3 to look forward to as well as 7.3.5 in about three months, so withholding the 8.0 announcement until Blizzcon may still make sense from a marketing perspective. Blizzard may just want us to focus on Legion for the time being.

However, Legion's reception has been mixed. While I'd say it's certainly more popular than the nearly-universally reviled WoD (Personally, Legion's in the Top 3 for me), there is a sizable chunk of the community who seem to not enjoy Legion. Blizzard has to weigh whether delaying the 8.0 announcement will further sour these people with trying to keep those who are enjoying Legion engaged in its continuing patch cycle and not distracting them with an 8.0 announcement.

There's really no easy answer to when 8.0 will announced, but I'd say, as of now, signs mostly point to Blizzcon since Blizz hasn't gone out of their way to tell us an announcement is coming at Gamescom.
    With the amount of content that Blizzard have been able to create, it's probable that the next expansion is further along than previous (especially with the size of the team that they have now).

It really doesn't matter when they announce it. It's just always fallen in with Blizzcon in previous years, which still might be the case this year. There's like literally no correlation or no bad meaning on how long an expansion has been announced previously, as for example, if they launched the expansion within 6-12 months then Legion would be one of the shorter expansions and thus it wouldn't matter than it's been the longest into the expansion that they've announced an expansion.

It literally doesn't matter, and it's just more nonsensical faff.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    "Some small event in Europe"

> Gamescom being the biggest video gaming expo in the world.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-20 at 06:38 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So your only 930 if you wear a bunch of horribleness
    Which is a major flaw in the expansion, mind you.
    I have 930 ilvl but I can't wear half of it because the stats are garbage for my class, and the stat gap is the biggest it's been in recent history for almost every single class.
    Didn't Blizzard specifically say they wanted higher ilvl pieces to be an upgrade almost always? Yeah... almost never. Thanks Versatility.

i stopped caring about what wow expansion is coming next after cata, funny enough ive gotten into every beta since and i just dont care enough to play them. years of over hype and disappointment finally got to me, WoD was the huge nail in the coffin. i just take it as it comes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Which is a major flaw in the expansion, mind you.
    I have 930 ilvl but I can't wear half of it because the stats are garbage for my class, and the stat gap is the biggest it's been in recent history for almost every single class.
    Didn't Blizzard specifically say they wanted higher ilvl pieces to be an upgrade almost always? Yeah... almost never. Thanks Versatility.
    they love cutting stats, i dont know why we still have versatility what a useless stat that is.