Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...Oh look. It's cancer mad about cancer.

Naw, he is just following the new rules of equality:

Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You make a solid point, which is what happened (but to be fair, Endus caused the confusion because he made the you are or ar not line while quoting a guy not even talking about that).

But going with your point, I DO believe in equality. And that is the word I will continue to choose to use. Not feminism, not any other hip term that comes into play. Equality. Anything further than that seems to push some sort of hidden agenda (usually money).
    You said it better than I did and I agree with this 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Apparently Endus just can't grasp this concept.
    Endus confirmed a Sith and/or Jedi completely blind to irony?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    But going with your point, I DO believe in equality. And that is the word I will continue to choose to use. Not feminism, not any other hip term that comes into play. Equality. Anything further than that seems to push some sort of hidden agenda (usually money).
    Yeah, its one of those unfortunate things that can happen when extremists take up a cause. The original meaning gets lost. I agree, equality(ist?) is defiantly a better and more fitting term than 'feminist' these days.

Dammit, Whedon. If this is true, then I'll have to hold you in such low esteem as Woody Allen and Roman Polanski . /s

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Faithfulness/cheating and feminism/misogyny are two different things. You can respect the other sex, but still be vulnerable in terms of seduction and chances for an affair. Whedon surely had plenty of the last.

Honestly, we would all have an easier life if cheating would not be seen as the ultimate sin. Some relationships work out perfectly even if one or both partners cheat now and then. Long secret affairs are more problematic, though. I don't know, we probably need more variation in our relationships models overall. If people could just be honest to one another about their preferences - because there would not be any moral or social pressure to belong to only one category - then probably equal minded people would have an easier time to get together, and we would have less miss-matches.

Some people are happy with open relationships. But to find a partner who can communicate this freely gets harder, the more social and moral pressure there is in a society. Hypocrisy is poison.
    I'm a bit confused, are you saying Kai Cole is being unfair to Whedon because she's not accepting an open relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    It also means he's a fraud and we can question his motives. Did he promote women in his films because he's a classic SJW or because he was hoping to get laid?
    that's the thing though. he DIDN'T promote women in his movies. he kept fridging them. the fact that Whedon was a hypocrite hiding behind "I'm a feminist, look I put women in my shows!" has been apparent for a while now. long LONG before his cheating was made public. this? is just cherry on top. http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Joss_Whedon

Maybe I'm mixing him up with another one, but this is hardly news iirc. He's know for beeing a shit head.

10+ Year Old Account
    His wife sure is spiteful and vindictive.

I stubbed my toe.

Feminism is a sham! SEE!

You guys are fucking cartoons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Mmmmmm, "ex-wife".
    So you're victim her?

Victim blaming at its finest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Daily (apparently necessary) reminder that "feminism" is just the idea that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.
    If that was true, the name wouldn't start with "fem-"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given that the alternative is "misogynists", that's a pretty ludicrous statement.
    Lol, the fact that you think that not being a Male feminist means you are a misogynist speaks volumes about how your brain operates. "BUT DA DEFINITION GUISES!" That statement goes out the window for you when I've literally seen you use straight up incorrect definitions to call people sexists/bigots etc on these forums.

Though you do lend a lot of weight to the Male Feminists are often gigantic hypocrites stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I stubbed my toe.

Feminism is a sham! SEE!

You guys are fucking cartoons.
    He didn't stub his toe, he slept with multiple women while married. But carry on with your deflection, the amount of people wanting to defend this guy in this thread is most amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    His wife sure is spiteful and vindictive.
    Being cheated on multiple times can do that to a person.

Dude makes good movies and fucks hot ladies. Good for him. Congrats OP for winning 'best cringe thread 2017' award.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2017-08-21 at 08:28 AM.

No. There aren't.

Do you think men and women should have equal rights and opportunities? If "yes", you're a feminist. If "no", you aren't. It's a binary question. If you try and raise any qualifications to that answer, you're saying "no".
    Except feminism is by definition only about women's issues, not about equality. Wanting equality is egalitarianism.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't have problem with a guy who supports feminism. I don't understand why anyone thought he was so great in the first place. I don't understand why anyone thought firefly and serenity were so great. They were not very funny of very good sci fi.
    You should burn for this blasphemy.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Who are these people even !?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except feminism is by definition only about women's issues, not about equality. Wanting equality is egalitarianism.
    Egalitarianism is about equality among all humanity on all issues. You could say it transcends feminism. Feminism is specifically relating to equality among the sexes. Its about issues in which women have less rights than men and bringing equality to those issues.
    Last edited by Serraphis; 2017-08-21 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Egalitarianism is about equality among all humanity *on all issues

Quote Originally Posted by Serraphis View Post
    Egalitarianism is about equality among all humanity on all issues. You could say it transcends feminism. Feminism is specifically relating to equality among the sexes. Its about issues in which women have less rights than men and bringing equality to those issues.
    Well you can argue alot here. By name feminism is about women. One of the big topics in the past for women was equality, which is why some conflate it with equality these days, even the dictionaries. But let's be real for a moment, dictionaries aren't exactly fast when it comes to updating definitions, adding new words - yes, accounting for changed meanings? Not so much. In the end it's a label anyway. To some it means that, so others it means "to fight the good fight", for their "fellow o/ Womyn \o". The whole thing isn't helped by people using it willy nilly in the way they see fit and moderates not distances themselves from the positions that the fringes take, but I guess that is the issue with all idiologies .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-08-21 at 08:52 AM.