Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I'm sure people said the same in the 20's lol
    Yep. I'm sure your source is you watched Red Dawn and pretended the Russians were Nazis.

It doesnt work that way sweetheart.
    Aye..
    There can be only one... backwards mentality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Refusing to tolerate your intolerance is not hypocritical: it's logically consistent.

Being intolerant of others, while demanding tolerance for your intolerant ideology is hypocritical.

The problem is not that the "Tolerant Left" is hypocritical. It's that the "Intolerant Far Right" (by self-implication) is stupid.

The Right wishes to portray the Left's goal of tolerance as that tolerance is the end-goal in itself: this is not true.
    The Left's goal of tolerance is to maximize The Harm Principle: which is the basis for all modern liberty & enlightenment. Individual freedoms are an extension of The Harm Principle, whether we're talking about your basic human rights, or your rights as a citizen of a nation.

The Far Right's goal, in suggesting that the Left must tolerate their extreme intolerance, is to undermine not only the rights of Muslims, Jews, Women, Gays, etc - but to undermine The Harm Principle itself. This is why the Right is becoming Fascist - contrary to the claims of loving freedom, the (Far) Right is taking as its deepest, most reactionary tenet - an opposition to intellectual enlightenment itself: to liberty, equality, fraternity.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-08-21 at 08:26 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

It doesnt work that way sweetheart.
    Yes it does.

If being intolerant of intolerance is ok, then it follows that others being intolerant of groups that they find to be intolerant is also ok.

You don't get to have rules for you, and different rules for others.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Less swearing please.
    People are called racists/nazi's because they walk around with swastika's and promote genocide against Jews and blacks.

We should name this psychologic reflex.
    Your arguments to defend Nazism are destroyed and your first response is "but communism".
    Because wearing the communist symbols its ok

Go tell that to angola, venezuela and cuba people i think they want to talk with you personally

Little kids that never read a book

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Yes it does.

If being intolerant of intolerance is ok, then it follows that others being intolerant of groups that they find to be intolerant is also ok.

So you're saying all muslims are intolerant?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Refusing to tolerate your intolerance is not hypocritical: it's logically consistent.

Being intolerant of others, while demanding tolerance for your intolerant ideology is hypocritical.

The problem is not that the "Tolerant Left" is hypocritical. It's that the "Intolerant Far Right" (by contrast) is stupid.
    I specifically used an example that would be disagreed with for a reason. Try actually thinking the ramifications of that statement through rather than immediately recoiling.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Yes it does.

Nah. Those stupid laws that keep Nazis from bashing them in the face and need to go. That's obviously what they mean and not that it's okay for them to ignore the law. That would be fucking stupid.

So you're saying all muslims are intolerant?
    Are you saying that all White Supremacists are?

Because by that metric, you would be wrong.

(And no, again, I am not saying that White Supremacism is ok, just pointing out the ignorance of your statement.)

Because by that metric, you would be wrong.

(And no, again, I am not saying that White Supremacism is ok, just pointing out the ignorance of your statement.)
    Are you fucking kidding me? So you're defending nazis and find muslims to be intolerant? Let me guess, you think Antifa are idiots right?

Yes. All white supremacists are intolerant. That is what they are about.

Not all Muslims are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Less swearing please.
    People are called racists/nazi's because they walk around with swastika's and promote genocide against Jews and blacks.

We should name this psychologic reflex.
    Your arguments to defend Nazism are destroyed and your first response is "but communism".
    If people wearing swastikas are nazis then people carrying the hammer and sickle are communists, right?

I think we have bigger problems than a few nazis.

you think Antifa are idiots right?
    Every single person that uses violence as a means to achieve something is an idiot.

So, yes, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

The problem is not that the "Tolerant Left" is hypocritical. It's that the "Intolerant Far Right" (by self-implication) is stupid.

The Right wishes to portray the Left's goal of tolerance as that tolerance is the end-goal in itself: this is not true.
    The Left's goal of tolerance is to maximize The Harm Principle: which is the basis for all modern liberty & enlightenment. Individual freedoms are an extension of The Harm Principle, whether we're talking about your basic human rights, or your rights as a citizen of a nation.

The Far Right's goal, in suggesting that the Left must tolerate their extreme intolerance, is to undermine not only the rights of Muslims, Jews, Women, Gays, etc - but to undermine The Harm Principle itself. This is why the Right is becoming Fascist - contrary to the claims of loving freedom, the (Far) Right is taking as its deepest, most reactionary tenet - an opposition to intellectual enlightenment itself: to liberty, equality, fraternity.
    Nailed it.

But this won't sink in to the folks that it needs to. They have already shown they have no problem warping the language and concepts to push their frail worldview. Too busy flailing about to bother understanding; toddlers in the midst of a tantrum.

Let me guess, you think Antifa are idiots right?
    Lol, Antifa aren't idiots?

15+ Year Old Account
    I specifically used an example that would be disagreed with for a reason. Try actually thinking the ramifications of that statement through rather than immediately recoiling.
    Posting something inflammatory to provoke a reaction isn't something you invented, it's a rhetorical technique as old as time.

I'm not recoiling against your post, I'm tired of how this always turns into a 100 page with the same inevitable conclusion: the Nazis lose, Liberty wins, like always.

The point of your original post is to try to draw attention to the 'hypocrisy of the Left', that we (the Left) preach tolerance - while also punching Nazis - that the Left needs to let Nazis speak their minds and enforce their bans, deportations, ethnic cleansing, etc.

The reality is that your argument is made on the very poor assumption that the Left preaches absolute tolerance, even at the cost of net tolerance. Which is not true. The goal of the Left is tolerance, inasmuch as it can be achieved with respect to the Harm Principle.

Nazis should be allowed to voice their opinions, have them heard, debated rationally, and put to bed when they are shown to be deeply flawed. Or, *gasp* embraced if shown to be true (pretty unlikely, to say the least). Where the rights of Nazis to voice their opinions ends, is the moment their rights to speak freely about their ideas prevents others from doing the same, or in any way impedes any other right or freedom of any other person, group, ethnicity, etc.

You should be allowed to politely explain why you think an all-white society would function better than a mixed society: a Nazi should be allowed to make that case. You are not allowed driving your car into people who disagree with you, or banning them from the country, or deporting them, or taking away their rights, or making them wear identifying marks so you can discriminate more easily, etc: this impedes their freedoms.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I have so many situations and theories and ideas now..

So, to the 'Punch a nazi' supporters.

Does this mean, I can punch ANYONE and claim they are a nazi? I mean, we're talking about something here which doesn't have any actual proof other than if they have something on them indicating. So, at my full belief and people supporting this bullshit idea of making assault legal when it is a nazi - I can punch whomever I want to?

I mean, if the police comes, I can claim the person is a nazi. But what happens now is where the problem is, by law, this is assault. If the 'nazi' has to give proof of being a nazi, than it can be faked or it'll turn into a witch hunt, which basically puts us in their shoes too.

So, now I've punched Bob but I can't find proof that Bob is a Nazi, I'll be booked for assault now.

And if they were to believe me, the court system would be fragmented, for I just assaulted a person.

Or...

As it seems some of you takes count of them having to think of genocide, I am still screwed, can't prove it. I can't use the claim that the nazis has killed thousands of people, for then I could as well just have punched any of the people from the majority religions. But if I punch a priest or such, that'll again, be assault..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

that we (the Left) preach tolerance
    Leftists usually don't practice what they preach.

Does this mean, I can punch ANYONE and claim they are a nazi? I mean, we're talking about something here which doesn't have any actual proof other than if they have something on them indicating. So, at my full belief and people supporting this bullshit idea of making assault legal when it is a nazi - I can punch whomever I want to?
    People glorifying violence are fascists, even when that violence is directed at nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it, we might as well just go on and do a purge at this rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    People glorifying violence are fascists, even when that violence is directed at nazis.
    I know, that is where my problem lies. We can't just break a system we put in place, just to create legal assault on people that might be guilty of a crime that might not even be more than a thought.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Take care when hunting monsters...