Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    I live in its path and we went to see it. Was a pretty neat thing to witness actually, it's something that's worth a short few minute drive to a non crowded area, but I would never spend money on it given how short it is.

We had people over here who were buying hotel rooms priced at 500 dollars a night and they had to stay a minimum of three nights. Some dude like two nights ago in a restaurant I was talking in the booth next to me about how he was from Melbourne visiting us in Nebraska just for this eclipse. I personally wouldn't say it's worth it to justify that kind of expense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    they voted in trump.
    their minds must be damaged beyond repair, i cant see what difference damage to their sight will make.
    People were going on today about how Trump is apparently an idiot for looking at the sun without protective eyewear.

All I saw was my President having stared down both North Korea and the sun in a single month. He must have been harnessing its power to restore his high energy.

Live within the path of totality. It was very cool, although the weather was partly cloudy - could still see the corona halo for most of the 100% phase.

I was still slightly let down because I expected it (1) to get much darker, never got much beyond dusky, and (2) be darker a lot longer, there was a VERY steep curve in light change. Apparently a sliver of sunlight still goes a long, long way. Makes sense I guess, because even a sliver was still bright af.

Have to say, the event would not have been half as interesting w/o totality.

I watched it on FOX News Channel, not fake, but Shep did seem a little drunk today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some friends bribed me with a few bottles of 30 year-old scotch to take them up Mt. Rainier. We summited at 6:30 in the am. We took a break on the way down to catch the eclipse and open one of the bottles. The change in light was very noticeable. Totally tipsy on the way down past Camp Muir.

Totality was amazing, anything less just is pointless.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah not really that exciting
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis