Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    While WoW was and never will be open world, it still gave a good feel of having a large map.
    I beg to disagree, maybe we can debate on the "open world" definition, yet if you started as a lvl 1 dwarf, you could drag your ass up to Stormwind, because no frontier in the world forbade it. You could tried to get a kill on Sylvanas with your lame level 1 or explore STV. The world had no frontier hence the term "open world". You can farm/craft/explore/quest/pvp in no particular environnement deticated to such activities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Useless necklace... should be a permanent effect.
    Official prediction: Corpse runs in Antorus are gonna be huge so you will have to equip this just to get to the boss before raid time is over. Literally that is the only useful application I can see for this necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Extra View Post
    And this was never a problem in WoW? I can't tell how many DK noobs I had to gank in the orc and troll starting area in WoW after WotLk hit. Or how many people I killed on a daily basis in STV on the alliance flight point or Nesingwarys.

Nothing of what you said is exclusive to a sandbox mmorpg.
    but this is my point, you get gank, and you can just move away from it, easy, over my 10 year playing i have assholes that gank me over and over, but i always find a way to move a way from them, just running to town or flying away or asking for help.

On this sandbox game, they can exploint mechanic to ignore this, like my point on ark, or i cant remmeber the game name, that a dude trap someone inside a house he build around where he log off.

Sandbox allow player the freedom to troll other player to dead. Hell i still remember this first mmo where you get troll by idiots that live just stealing from low levels on servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    I couldn't agree more with Ghostcrawler on this. I'm not a big fan of sandbox games, in fact I hate them.
    we are 2 there. I dont think Sandbox game make good mmo game.

For me bc i have see this multiple times, on sandbox game is easy to groups of player or some ppl with alot of time to screw others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another heirloom neck??? We already have a ton of them, but gloves, wrist and boots are missing, and then we get another neck??

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    So, generic lines like yours?
    Your reply is dumb as shit, man. (risking a ban here, but I had to say it).

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler's answer on Themepark vs Sandbox is interesting and expected, but while I'm agree that 90% of players will only "build the model the boxed sets are designed to make", what about the 5%-10% of players that will create stories for others to enjoy ?

He mentions D&D, but -at least for me- a good sandbox is one that give you the tool to be a GM. RPG in WoW is actually limited to talking and erp, as the world can't be changed. But thousand are still doing it! Imagine if we had more tools...

Also when he said that a sandbox with merchants and politicians and prophets "can't be robust enough", well it would be nice to have more details. Why can't it be made ? I'm not expected real-life simulation of course, but a something simple as "become the mayer of Lakeshire" with a couple of options (rent houses, set tax for hearthstone there, allow/forbid pvp, edit a newspaper etc.) CAN be made, especially by a multi-billion dollars company.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    that mount looks creepier than the previous ones.