Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's also the name of a slave owner.
    So is a lot of names. We going to ban anyone named George Washington too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to blow something out of proportion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sad, sad times these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    This is what happens in nowadays America. Some people are too overly offended by minor shit.

- - - Updated - - -

What? You make no sense whatsoever. Robert E Lee was a bad man.

This guy was just wanting to announce. Why so triggered?
    don't blame me. Blame the liberal agenda.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'm all for taking down the monuments but this is a pretty stupid overstep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is even a unit of measurement available that can accurately describe the amount of stupidity this is.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    don't blame me. Blame the liberal agenda.
    Fuck the liberal agenda.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    So is a lot of names. We going to ban anyone named George Washington too?
    I think any white sounding names will do

Jake, Jason, Michael, kyle, alex, Andrew, connor. You fuckers will soon be out of jobs.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Could you find that ESPN announcement outside of reddit? The link that is provided in that post gives me an error.

I can believe people would be this stupid. But I need an apology from ESPN to confirm their stupidity.

Is his middle initial even E?

He was Asian! lol, no way!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    The article doesn't say he's pulled because of some leftist backlash. Your desperation for ammo in your argument is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Could you find that ESPN announcement outside of reddit? The link that is provided in that post gives me an error.
    i know it is very hard to grasp what our societies snow flakes has forced this nation to become but it is as real as it gets this is our reality

here is the statement from ESPN

Published on Aug 22, 2017
    ESPN ISSUES OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON MOVING ROBERT LEE FROM VIRGINIA GAME:

“We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue.”

Additionally, I had a conversation with a senior employee at ESPN who wanted to make it clear that this was not a mandate or a demand from the company, that it was a people first decision and that assignments are switched all the time.
    Multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN MSESPN decided to pull an Asian college football announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBhgVj3un-k
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2017-08-23 at 01:48 AM.

I'm glad it happened, just to see how butthurt people get over it. ESPN can do what they want, and it's not like he was fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    The article doesn't say he's pulled because of some leftist backlash. Your desperation for ammo in your argument is pathetic.
    statement from ESPN
    announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.

who do you think those some viewers are? they sure in the hell aren't conservatives

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I'm glad it happened, just to see how butthurt people get over it. ESPN can do what they want, and it's not like he was fired.
    yah almost as butt hurt over some statute

This is fucking hilarious... I am literally laughing hysterically in my seat. This is where the PC world has come.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one ever accused sports jocks of being smart.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Next we shall ban orange dodge chargers!