Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why hasn't anything been done about this? I wish people cared more about the crazy violence than other stupid things.
    I know what we can do about it, but it would involve a lot of white people. I would start with proper gun control restrictions in the area while declaring a state of emergency in the city. From there, proper staffing and training of the police department followed by education for the masses, the problem would be fixed in about a generation.

The problem with my solution? Getting a bankrupt Windy City in a state that hasn't had a budget for close to 3 years (thanks republicans) to agree on anything when it comes to people of color.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    But you realize this is obamas home territory the city sits in essentially democrat country. So where's the social justice that democrats love to talk about. They have more power in that state then you think.
    Crime is down exponentially from 2008 - 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I'm surprised BLM isn't up in arms about the one guy shot by a cop. He was clearly on his way to church or college and just got caught up by a racist cop.
    What are you even talking about? Are you just trying to incite something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I mean, a responsible leader would start with abandoning the sanctuary city policies. If you deport illegals, and keep them from returning, they commit their crimes elsewhere. Given how much gang violence is due to illegal aliens, it stands to reason that eliminating them from the equation would dramatically improve the results.
    Not much gang violence is from illegals... outside of very few pockets.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...e-2016/514331/

The problem is real: 762 people were murdered in Chicago last year, a stunning 58 percent jump in homicides from 2015. So large was the sharp, sudden increase in homicides in one of America’s largest cities that it tangibly raised the entire nation’s homicide rate higher for 2016. But nobody really knows why it’s happening.
    Kansas City.

Philadelphia.

New Orleans (almost 3 times as many shootings as Chicago)

Stockton

Miami

Buffalo

Cincinnati

These are all places that have higher shootings than Chicago.

Anyone that looks at raw numbers and not break them down into percents or per capita, is an idiot in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HymenDestroyer View Post
    As long as youths are raised in enviroment where thug culture is endorsed and promoted there won't be any improvement. Incomplete families doesn't help this too.
    First these people need to fix their community. This is not something that happen overnight.
    And gun control won't fix this. Not in a long term. You may slightly decrease casualties, but deranged crimimals stay criminals and always find a way to murder.

This honestly sounds like the ramblings of a person completely removed from any area where poverty like this exists.

It has nothing to do with "thug culture" thug culture really isn't a thing it's just what random people say when they really just mean niggers.

Poor urban white areas that lack thug culture (unless you just conflate thugs with anything urban and conflate that with black, which would be wrong) have very similar violent crime rates.
    Last edited by Themius; 2017-08-22 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    That is true, but where is the economic gain in these murders? Unless the individuals that were killed were competitor drug dealers (assuming the murderers were also dealing in the drug trade), or perhaps the murderers were hired to kill then I am not seeing any obvious motivation for poverty stricken criminals here.
    They are mostly related to gang violence, which is always guaranteed to be taking out the competitor. A more valid argument, assuming you've actually been exposed to the domain, is that most gangs operate as social cliques as much as they do for other economic reasons. From there, you could indeed make a very good argument that it has less to do with economics than it does with culture, but you're missing that foundation and nothing ever eliminates how these men got there.

Regardless, everyone arguing that Chicago is doing nothing is very naive. They've tried improving relations by hiring locals into law enforcement. They've tried funding multitudes of outreach groups. Heck, they're going so far into abstract methods that they're attempting to recruit the best and brightest from AI/ML to try to attack the problem from a more data driven approach. Now if only Chicago got down on it's knees and begged the brilliant Zenkai of MMO-Champion to become an advisor, maybe they would realize progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This honestly sounds like the ramblings of a person completely removed from any area where poverty like this exists.

It has nothing to do with "thug culture" thug culture really isn't a thing it's just what random people say when they really just mean niggers.

Poor urban white areas that lack thug culture (unless you just conflate thugs with anything urban and conflate that with black, which would be wrong) have very similar violent crime rates.
    Do you have any data on this that includes lethal violence and not just non-lethal like the BoJ stats? https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

Also are you going to ignore the influence of figures like Tupac/Biggie and the thug industry on the upbringing of urban black boys without father figures? This is what contributes to black thug culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    This dark/black SUV seems really busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is not the root cause of the problem.
    and neither were statues. but other cities removed them because they didn't want to even give racists a second chance to have a repeat of charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Do you have any data on this that includes lethal violence and not just non-lethal like the BoJ stats? https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

Also are you going to ignore the influence of figures like Tupac/Biggie and the thug industry on the upbringing of urban black boys without father figures? This is what contributes to black thug culture.
    it's a specific study looking at both minority and white poor urban areas in Ohio and specifically at violent crime. I think it was something like 55 for white areas and 56 for minority areas.

Here's the thing... you people have it entirely backwards.

The music they make comes from the area they were raised in... the music most of "thug" rappers make deal with what they actually dealt with when they were growing up. Their music doesn't "cause" the culture but rather is a result of the poverty in the area they were raised.

There are also country, rock, metal, alternative, pop rock songs that talk about killing people, raping people, doing drugs, and stalking people and people also like those songs.

What are you even talking about? Are you just trying to incite something?
    Additionally, a person was shot by a Chicago Police officer about 8:45 p.m. Saturday in the Gage Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side. The male suspect suffered a graze wound to the neck and was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not thought to be life-threatening.
    BLM's typical MO, aka a black guy getting shot by cops. That's all it takes to riot.

So I'm learning to speak right wing nutjob... "Chicago" is the word for "black people" right?

Why hasn't anything been done about this?
    I dunno man, some fucking assholes keep getting in the way of gun control laws.

Next time you see them, give them a piece of your mind!

- - - Updated - - -

BLM's typical MO, aka a black guy getting shot by cops. That's all it takes to riot.
    US police shot more people in the first 24 days of 2015 than the UK shot in 24 YEARS.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ther-countries

Why aren't YOU rioting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

There are also country, rock, metal, alternative, pop rock songs that talk about killing people, raping people, doing drugs, and stalking people and people also like those songs.
    Heavy Metal is the saintliest of music genres. It has never been accused of corrupting American youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    US police shot more people in the first 24 days of 2015 than the UK shot in 24 YEARS.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ther-countries

Why aren't YOU rioting?
    We also have 6 times the population that they do, plus a lot more violent crime, especially among certain demographics.

I am not rioting because I don't have a victim complex or law breaking family/friends, so I have nothing to fear.

Yea because every black person is influenced by, "thug" rappers lol...This "thug culture", you speak of is something only ignorant people bring up. As themius said, poor white urban areas have very similar violent crime rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

it's a specific study looking at both minority and white poor urban areas in Ohio and specifically at violent crime. I think it was something like 55 for white areas and 56 for minority areas.

Here's the thing... you people have it entirely backwards.

The music they make comes from the area they were raised in... the music most of "thug" rappers make deal with what they actually dealt with when they were growing up. Their music doesn't "cause" the culture but rather is a result of the poverty in the area they were raised.

What study specifically? Who is "you people"? I'm an independent, left-wing conservative, libertarian, communalist.

I don't have it backwards. It isn't one way or the other. It's a cycle. Rarely does one thing "cause" another in life - but they reinforce it. College drinking and sex culture isn't caused by media protrayals and cultural acceptance of it, but those things certainly promote it and increase the likelihood of it happening, and the cycle keeps going. People like Tupac grew up in that environment so they wrote lyrics about it, but then kids listen to it and wanna be just like them, and the whole aesthetic promotes a sort of black toxic masculinity.

And yeah, those other genres do have a place in reinforcing bad behavior as well. Do you not agree with this?
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-08-23 at 12:16 AM.

You chose one genre and ignored the rest. Just because it has never been accused of corrupting American youth, doesn't mean shit. At the end of the day, all those genres, have/had that content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

What study specifically? Who is "you people"? I'm an independent, left-wing conservative, libertarian, communalist.

I don't have it backwards. It isn't one way or the other. It's a cycle. Rarely does one thing "cause" another in life - but they reinforce it. College drinking and sex culture isn't caused by media protrayals and cultural acceptance of it, but those things certainly promote it and increase the likelihood of it happening, and the cycle keeps going. People like Tupac grew up in that environment so they wrote lyrics about it, but then kids listen to it and wanna be just like them, and the whole aesthetic promotes a sort of black toxic masculinity.

And yeah, those other genres do have a place in reinforcing bad behavior as well. Do you not agree with this?
    college drinking and sex isn't about a cycle... it's about young people who aren't fully matured being in close proximity with each other usually horny and they're just coming to the age of drinking...

- - - Updated - - -

and do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    You chose one genre and ignored the rest. Just because it has never been accused of corrupting American youth, doesn't mean shit. At the end of the day, all those genres, have/had that content.
    Holy faceplant Batman. If you had even bothered to look at the link I posted, it was clearly about Metal being accused of corrupting people. Back in the day I wanted to play my records backwards just to see if there were any hidden messages.

Elvis shaking his goddamned hips caused so much pearl clutching back in the '50s. Its not any different from today. Whining about "thug" culture today isn't any different from Bush 1 and his Willie Horton ads.

We also have 6 times the population that they do, plus a lot more violent crime, especially among certain demographics.
    Do I have to teach you arithmetic again? Days -> years means fatal police shootings occur about 365 times more in the US than the UK, despite only having 6 times the population. So the per capita rate is over SIXTY TIMES HIGHER if you go by these stats.

That is fucking insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why aren't YOU rioting?
    not everyone feels the need to steal flat screens
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    and neither were statues. but other cities removed them because they didn't want to even give racists a second chance to have a repeat of charlottesville.
    There is not going to be a second chance. Charlottesville was nothing compared to what is happening in Chicago. Besides, that is long ago history which is outlawed and condemned universally. And in some cases, leaving statues up can be a good reminder of bad things. Shun the racists , tearing down the statues only empowers them more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    No but it wouldn't hurt in the interim while you guys sort your shit out.
    You can not deny citizens their constitutional rights on a whelm, while you figure things out. :P

Might as well censor everything while we're at it, then. Oh wait, MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH.