Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Likewise with outrage over nontroversies :P In all seriousness though, if it had happened I wouldn't have cared other than to note the irony but I can see where ESPN are coming from and people are blowing it waaaay out of proportion, hence my defence (or, attempt to have people see sense and calm down).
    I think you are confusing outrage with mockery. We are mocking the silliness of ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I think you are confusing outrage with mockery. We are mocking the silliness of ESPN.
    Yeah, that's totally why you linked those other articles to try and drive your point home. It was just memes. Not agenda driven at all(!)

ESPN pulled football announcer from his job because of his name. Oh btw he is Asian.

LOLOLOLOL peeps have lost their damn minds

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rsity-virgini/

I'm just waiting for videos to surface showing Antifa surrounding his house with those chants of KKK, Nazis go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    When that think is another human being? No. That's absolutely beyond the pale.
    The guy wasn't torn down by protesters, he was given another game to announce, still has his job, still got paid. In what way did he suffer? He himself didn't feel comfortable working that game.

Yeah, that's totally why you linked those other articles to try and drive your point home. It was just memes. Not agenda driven at all(!)
    Nah just brining peeps along this crazy train of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Really though whoever made the decision seems unnecessary if they were just scared of some potential controversy. Call it a hunch but the types to get outraged over this guys name probably don't watch football anyways...
    Very true. It's a stupid move that generates more controversy than it silences.

The overreaction from some does make the horseshoe theory ever truer with each passing day, however.

Oppression of minorities to support other minorities...I have seen this movie before and it doesn't end well.

This tribal behavior benefits the dominant tribe which is why minorities fighting with one another is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    This can't be real. And if it is, he needs to bleed them for every cent.
    Agreed completely.

It's not him that suffers or ESPN it's the rest of us. The more you cave into the feelings of a minority of crazy people the more power they have, and that's what happened here.
    Is it? Because I've yet to see it. What reason do you have to doubt the official statements? It's not exactly unreasonable for people to have came to that conclusion on their own without being harassed into it. And what makes you think that the people's feelings being considered weren't the people of Charlottesville?

OK America, enough with the crazy pills already.

Perhaps we should just immediately legalize weed everywhere so everyone can just chill the fuck out

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what is needed is every Alt Right Nazi in order to show SJW's name all their Kids Robert Lee, that would get the left soo good.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    OK America, enough with the crazy pills already.
    The year is still young haha. Plenty of time for even Floridaman to strike once more.

I'm going to give the people of Charlottesville the benefit of the doubt and assume most of them aren't that retarded.
    Yeah and I doubt they're retarded either but it's not unreasonable to assume, from ESPN's point of view, that it might just add insult to injury only a week after their city was attacked. And again, the announcer himself wasn't comfortable doing it.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-08-23 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The year is still young haha. Plenty of time for even Floridaman to strike once more.
    I can only imagine the insanity of a rally in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post

The Many-Faced God makes his return to ESPN.

That was nonsense. They clearly made the decision not to offend retarded people.
    Right. The old, it's not what they said, it's what they secretly meant. On the inside.

You just construct a world in which you can't be wrong because you're right and then call everyone else a retard and you win the internet, right? That's what we're doing here apparently.

I can only imagine the insanity of a rally in Florida.
    Yeah that would be a treat to watch.

That decision is almost as stupid as the amount of melodrama in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I didn't mention neo-nazis, just the other side (as in the one that wants to keep the statue).

Can you at least see how the timing was unfortunate? Why does it have to be more than a bunch of people (ESPN, the announcer himself and whoever else makes these decisions) deciding that it would be in bad taste to have him announce one particular game (in Charlottesville) ?
    it would only be in bad taste in the minds of people who think all persons named Robert Lee are identical. Basically those without critical thinking skills.