Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    Is demo better than affliction and destro for casual pvp like random bgs and wpvp quests?
    For small scale bgs absolutely, i find personaly that affliction is better for wpvp quests, just tag everything with dots, and you should be done in 2 minutes top. As for bgs, Demonology is my cut of cheese with all the cc, and burst, affliction is to slow, and people can just remove the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorad View Post
    Not seeing your demons in combat is really a turnoff, it looks like you are casting spells that have no effect, it gets boring quite a lot after some time. I have almost all of the leggos for demo but switched to affli because of this. The visuals for demo is so lackluster and you get tired of hearing the same DE sound 1000 times in a dungeon. Perhaps getting horns or slowly transforming into a more demonic entity when you keep empowering your demons might be a good idea to add some Spice to the spec, like shadow priests do.
    Soooo play Shadowpriest? I mean, if you want something another class has its kind of obvious what to do. Now the imps shouldn't spawn in melee, and likely if enough people complained would be addressed eventually. Demonic empowerment should actually have a CD, affect new spawns, and be a lot more of a buff when casted. I'd say 30-45 sec CD, with a talent that will proc it for a second or 2 once and a while.

Also, the imps shouldn't just be imps, but felhunters, and other small demons. The glyphs for other demons should also just be different demons u can choose giving a more variable style.

Class Fantasy originally, shifted recently over to affy due to movement in fights. But I do still enjoy 95% of demos play style all except how Demonic Empowerment is needed to be spammed. : /
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $284.81 says know your role.

Seeing Frost and Ferals getting love meanwhile a much worst designed spec like demon gets nothing makes me really angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Seeing Frost and Ferals getting love meanwhile a much worst designed spec like demon gets nothing makes me really angry.
    Destruction just got a revamp which, after playing it for a while and progressing in M ToS, is pretty awesome.

I think it's great that some of these other specs are getting reworks as well. Demo isn't in as big of a shambles that it requires immediate attention. Demo will get its time in the sun eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagemaru View Post
    Class Fantasy originally, shifted recently over to affy due to movement in fights. But I do still enjoy 95% of demos play style all except how Demonic Empowerment is needed to be spammed. : /
    This. Too many movement fights at the moment to shine as demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    Is demo better than affliction and destro for casual pvp like random bgs and wpvp quests?
    No.. but people are comfortable with what they're comfortable with.

Crap and boring spec, the real demo spec went to demon hunters.

Deleted
    I had a vision, I think Demonic empowerment should work like "hot streak", every time you crit twice in a row Demonic empowerment is instant cast. That would solve one of the issues?

did the demo artifact challenge recently... its...its just terrible! both in terms of playstyle and dps. hope they do serious rework to demo in next expansion. i miss the cataclysm demo, where we had meta cooldown, execute and decent mobility. good times..
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    did the demo artifact challenge recently... its...its just terrible! both in terms of playstyle and dps. hope they do serious rework to demo in next expansion. i miss the cataclysm demo, where we had meta cooldown, execute and decent mobility. good times..
    Funny you say this. I hadn't touched Demo for a while when I did the arty challenge and it reminded me of how much fun it could be. It was actually my favourite scenario of the 3. When I play Demo I do feel I have to put in double the effort to achieve decent results however, it's my offspec and I am not so familiar with it.

Demo bad damage? It's perhaps not as versatile as Affy but Demo is actually very strong in an area (single target if not obvious) where Affliction falls down. That's one definite advantage that we have over say Shadow Priests who have no other options for their weak ST damage..

However, don't get me wrong I much preferred WoD Demo and hope this current iteration gets a rework. However, this time hopefully to something better and not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    I had a vision, I think Demonic empowerment should work like "hot streak", every time you crit twice in a row Demonic empowerment is instant cast. That would solve one of the issues?
    No it would not. Because the current proper demo priority is to spam the everliving shit out of it. You're basically praying for Thal'kiel's ascendance procs every time you cast it (along with a shard from power trip) and then you cast shadow bolt for the guaranteed shard. It's a retarded playstyle. Having it just *not exist* is infinitely better.
    Last edited by Toastiekins; 2017-08-23 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Funny you say this. I hadn't touched Demo for a while when I did the arty challenge and it reminded me of how much fun it could be. It was actually my favourite scenario of the 3. When I play Demo I do feel I have to put in double the effort to achieve decent results however, it's my offspec and I am not so familiar with it.

Demo bad damage? It's perhaps not as versatile as Affy but Demo is actually very strong in an area (single target if not obvious) where Affliction falls down. That's one definite advantage that we have over say Shadow Priests who have no other options for their weak ST damage..

However, don't get me wrong I much preferred WoD Demo and hope this current iteration gets a rework. However, this time hopefully to something better and not worse.
    Yeah Demo actually has REALLY good damage. It just has a fairly inflexible playstyle and the meme build makes you want to kill yourself which is the primary way to unlock the potential. Standard Demo is good, meme build is great, but jesus does it feel bad to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Demo must and will change in next expansion. What we have now is a hot mess of immobile, maintenance heavy turret. Main problems with demo are:

Lack of mobility
    Lack of meaningful instant casts (unless talented)
    2 maintenance buffs (Life Tap + DE)
    Terrible AoE
    Terrible cleave
    Massive ramp up time (longest of all specs IMO)
    No burst
    Horrendously terrible minion AI

The only place where demo really excels are low-to-no-movement, single target fights. The amount of those kind of fights in Legion PvE environment is quite low. Patch 8.0.0 should make these changes.

Redesign Demonic Empowerment (make it an instant cast or a powerful CD) or simply remove it
    Redesign mastery (if they make DE powerful CD)
    Remove Life Tap (this ability is simply outdated and this should have happened long ago)
    Make Dreadstalkers and instant cast so that we are not as immobile as we are now

These changes would make Demonology actually enjoyable. All the other mechanics for Demo work really well and shouldn't be meddled with, except for visual improvements/changes.
    Pretty much all the reasons i hate demo this xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah Demo actually has REALLY good damage. It just has a fairly inflexible playstyle and the meme build makes you want to kill yourself which is the primary way to unlock the potential. Standard Demo is good, meme build is great, but jesus does it feel bad to play.
    in reality with all the movement needed in pretty much all ToS encounters the damage goes down significantly. while affliction with lower theoretical damage tops the meters because its movement friendly.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post

Feels bad to play? Or rather YOU cant handle it lol.... The meme build is a rotation with high-cap and high-reward, as it should be. Affli locks be smoking joints and afk dotting, and u think thats bad? LoL seriously...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/22431660 Here's my profile for any fellow Demo lock that needs help.

Also, one of the comments who said mobility is issue, with meme build is not cause ur mana drained and have insta shadowbolts, so... pretty obvious on which spells to move and not lose dps. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    in reality with all the movement needed in pretty much all ToS encounters the damage goes down significantly. while affliction with lower theoretical damage tops the meters because its movement friendly.
    Meme build isn't as heavily punished for mobility as some seem to thing. You have a massive amount of GCDs spent on instant casts between Life Tap (it guzzles mana,) Doom reapplication, and instant Shadowbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Atsui View Post
    Feels bad to play? Or rather YOU cant handle it lol.... The meme build is a rotation with high-cap and high-reward, as it should be. Affli locks be smoking joints and afk dotting, and u think thats bad? LoL seriously...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/22431660 Here's my profile for any fellow Demo lock that needs help.

Also, one of the comments who said mobility is issue, with meme build is not cause ur mana drained and have insta shadowbolts, so... pretty obvious on which spells to move and not lose dps. Cheers
    Back handed insults? Really? Spamming a fucking maintenance buff for over half of your GCDs is god damn terrible and the build chugs mana more than a Hummer guzzles gasoline. There's nothing satisfying about using a whole bar full of mana, rotational Life Taps aside, every 30 seconds and there's sure as fuck nothing satisfying about spamming a MAINTENANCE BUFF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Remove Life Tap (this ability is simply outdated and this should have happened long ago)
    Make Dreadstalkers and instant cast so that we are not as immobile as we are now
    So, your suggestions for improving the demo include removing life tap, an iconic warlock spell that the other specs also use, that fulfills the class fantasy of making health a resource. In fact, warlocks are the only class that uses health as a resource, making it truly unique, but you want to remove it.

Your suggestions also include making dogs instant, a PvP tree talent, which would virtually guarantee tuning adjustments to dogs since they are not designed for instant cast PvE.

DE needs to be looked at, how it functions, the reasons why spamming or "weaving" it became prevalent, how it "feels" to cast, and how much mana it consumes, but I'd rather not see an iconic spell that the class has had since vanilla, that makes the class truly unique from a resource perspective, be removed just because you have trouble managing it or you believe it's outdated.
    Last edited by Teroch; 2017-08-24 at 06:04 PM.

I main demo in ToS. We're a smaller casual guild but I perform well all the same. I played afflic thru EN and partly into NH but the gameplay was so mind numbingly dull I wanted to try demo and am glad I did.

casual logs since people will ask:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...XDWFNT#fight=1

I really don't understand why they cling to Life Tap so much.
    I disagree and think lifetap is one of the few things remaining that makes warlocks stand out as a caster. A warlock is power hungry enough that they are willing to sacrifice their own life force to fuel their spells when their magical "well" runs dry. Shadow has insanity, mages (especially arcane) have to manage their mana or they run dry, warlocks will continue to fight as long as they have life, or their allies can heal them.

On top of that, outside of class fantasy, you would need to rework other aspects if lifetap is gone. No sacrificing health? Well, then there's no reason to have these big absorb shields or so much self healing. Removed too much self healing, since it couldn't be justified with lifetap? Better provide some more mobility since it's no longer the tanky caster. No built in breaks from lifetap? Better adjust the damage of every spell down since it's balanced around an expected amount of lifetap downtime. Used to planning lifetap around movement to have minimal dps loss? Too bad, that takes too much effort and needed to be dumbed down, no sense rewarding strategic play.

Lifetap is used too often in the demo meme build, but that's not lifetap's problem, that's a demo problem, specifically DE. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's outdated and needs to be removed. The greatest warlock design lead we had felt very strongly about health as a resource for the class, the few things that remain from his time are some of the only things that separate warlock from "shitty wannabe mage."
    Last edited by Teroch; 2017-08-25 at 12:35 AM.