Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Or just could be the fact as the front page says they removed those icons from the game..

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=2#comments

Patch 7.3 PTR - Build 24904
    The latest PTR build removed these icons from the list of files that are extracted when you extract all of the interface files from the game.

Interface\ICONS\INV_ZandalariBabyRaptorBlack.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_ZandalariBabyRaptorBlue.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_ZandalariBabyRaptorRed.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_ZandalariBabyRaptorWhite.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Shield_Zandalari_C_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Polearm_H_Zandalari_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Polearm_H_Zandalari_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Bow_H_Zandalari_C_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Mace_H_Zandalari_C_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Shield_Zandalari_C_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Staff_H_Zandalari_C_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\Achievement_Raid_LastStandZandalari.blp
    Interface\ICONS\spell_misc_zandalari_council_soulswap.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Sword_H_Zandalari_C_Blue.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Sword_H_Zandalari_C_Purple.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Sword_H_Zandalari_C_Red.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Belt_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Boots_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Bracer_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Cape_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Chest_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Glove_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Helm_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Pants_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp
    Interface\ICONS\INV_Shoulders_Cloth_KulTirasQuest_B_.blp

I am not sure how the removing of icons points towards troll raids and so on..
    Because they existed in the first place. The KulTiras ones are definitely new stuff, and the Zandalari strings have some questionable ones, as well as seemingly new ones.

The raptor ones could be mounts like in Ungoro how you raise one, the weapons are probably new.
    They're being removed because they weren't totally meant to be in there yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea why not? Having a huge golden aztec style city with the master race isnt cool?
    That would just be plain awesome. I'm not horde, but I might have to play horde if their city is a Golden Aztec bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Blizzard is trolling people.
    I honestly wonder if they are just doing that. Just to mess with peoples heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    That would just be plain awesome. I'm not horde, but I might have to play horde if their city is a Golden Aztec bastion.

Official Art from Chronicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    This is likely just Blizz throwing red herrings, but from a coding perspective:

This looks like someone ran a quick line of code to remove two specific keywords from the ICON strings and that those keywords were "Zandalari" and "KulTirasQuest". This is still exciting as the only reason to remove those keywords is to hide specific references to those things in order to prevent "leaks". Kul'Tiras we knew about, but Zandalar (also in the South Seas), we did not. If this does turn out to be the case, it's pretty ironic that they let us know about Zandalar by trying to avoid letting us know about Zandalar.
    lol, thats a good point.

Blizz: "hey we are taking some strings out of our latest PTR build, these are the strings!:"

Us: "oh look at that, Kul'Tiras and Zandalar, I wonder what THAT means"

Ooor we could get a troll raid in 7.4 involving friendly kul'tiras NPCS . RIP all current theories in one shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Ooor we could get a troll raid in 7.4 involving friendly kul'tiras NPCS . RIP all current theories in one shot.
    It would be a troll raid in more than one way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Official Art from Chronicles.
    O. M. G.

Yep, if that's in for the horde, i'm definitely going to play a large portion of my time as horde lol.

Twist: Maybe that could be a city that the horde and alliance together take and it becomes the common capital of the next expansion?!?!? (an alliance fanboi can only dream)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Because they existed in the first place. The KulTiras ones are definitely new stuff, and the Zandalari strings have some questionable ones, as well as seemingly new ones.

The raptor ones could be mounts like in Ungoro how you raise one, the weapons are probably new.
    They're being removed because they weren't totally meant to be in there yet.
    Ahh k now I understand I think, will be interesting to see what happens next..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Please don't destroy my hopes and dreams of a South Seas expansion! haha

- - - Updated - - -
    @Jurassic4LIFE in the Chronicles book, does it say that that city is on the Zandalari home turf?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    It's totally the south seas expansion. The key art for blizzcon, the data mined stuff, the in game references, every single thing points to this. Expect pirates. Expect naga. Expect islands and water zones. Expect the most anticipated expansion in Warcraft history.
    Stop already. Who thinks Blizzard is giving us an expansion which content is 99% based on fan made expansions? Nobody can be so gullible. Yes, a South Seas expansion would be amazing and is a favorite but there is a 0% chance that Blizzard is basing their expansion on half a decade old fan fiction.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Stop already. Who thinks Blizzard is giving us an expansion which content is 99% based on fan made expansions?
    They gave us panda bears, and 99% of that shit was fan hype from a very small subset of fans (furries) who actually wanted to see pandas become playable.

They gave us panda bears, and 99% of that shit was fan hype from a very small subset of fans (furries) who actually wanted to see pandas become playable.
    No it wasn't. There was no fleshed out concept for a Pandaland expansion whereas there are like 3, 4, 5 fan made South Seas expansions all dealing with similar themes and topics. And Blizzard is hopping on that train and using them? Please get real. As much as I want a South Seas expansion nobody can be so naive to think Blizzard will just use the existing fan concepts for their expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

If we're getting a troll Zone, I'd want maybe something like Zul'gurub/Zul'aman but a raid instead of a sprawling 5 man.

Felt like blizzard shot themselves in the foot in Cata, they could've been cool raids
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

@Jurassic4LIFE in the Chronicles book, does it say that that city is on the Zandalari home turf?
    Yep! That city is called Zuldazar. It's the remnants of the glory of the Troll Empire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If we're getting a troll Zone, I'd want maybe something like Zul'gurub/Zul'aman but a raid instead of a sprawling 5 man.

Felt like blizzard shot themselves in the foot in Cata, they could've been cool raids
    Ya know those were both raids in the past, right?
    It was awesome in Cata to do them as relevant 5 mans actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Expect the most anticipated expansion in Warcraft history.
    Most anticipated by whom? Surely not by me. I'm not a big fan of naga and pirate stuff, and anything related to the sea and sailing really. I do like me some Zandalari though, especially if they come with architecture resembling the official art shown above.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-new-PTR-Build

Of course, as usual, Jaylock thinks that he is more special than everybody and deserve his own thread.

Actually just had a thought.

They're probably removing this OLD "Zandalar" stuff so they don't have CONFUSION when the NEW "Zandalar" stuff is added...

Kind of makes sense.. Right? I've worked in game files and it seems like something that would/should be done.

I could do without another troll raid ever, much less a troll expansion. The aesthetics are always so ugly. Paaaass.

This again, doesn't need its own thread. The Kul Tiras stuff is known and the Zandalari stuff was removed because someone was a bit too trigger happy in filter keywords. We've been over this in both the hype thread and the comments in the original post.