Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    No thank you, I've had more than enough of his badly written edgelord adolescent angst fantasy. He'll be warding Sargeras in a sealed-off Argus, never to be seen nor heard from again. Thank god.
    "There must always be an Illidan" - who else is going to soak all that angst?

Solution:
    Illidan refuses Xe'ra's manipulation to become The Archangel™, blasts her to pieces; then goes to a sacrifice himself to become Sargeras' prison for all eternity. There is much mourning and gnashing of teeth between infrequent cheers of joy. Back on now-sort-of-safe Azeroth Tyrande and Malfurion announce they're finally catching up with the Horde's birthrate and expect a child. Child is born with Illidan's purified soul and speed-grows up to rock the planet with Med'an. Also retains all memories from former life.

Angst-level restored!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    My takeaway from the 7.3 PTR was that Xe'ra, on returning from the Xenedar and reunited with her "heart," both reveals and tries to persuade Illidan to adopt his destiny as she foresees it. Illidan demurs and opts to pursue his current course of action - Xe'ra isn't willing to accept that and explicitly or implicitly threatens Illidan (likely using the Army of the Light as a stalking horse). Their disagreement ends with violence on Illidan's part, and he blasts her into pieces which are then retrieved at Velen's behest and used to further empower the Netherlight Crucible.

Notably Velen seems less than upset by Xe'ra's loss, remarking only that he regretted her death but understood Illidan's reaction at trying to be forced to assume a destiny he felt didn't apply to him.
    Makes sense and touches ground with the cinematic regarding the travel to argus and the chat illidan had with velen. Although i wouldnt expect velen to be so versatile about it ...

- - - Updated - - -

No thank you, I've had more than enough of his badly written edgelord adolescent angst fantasy. He'll be warding Sargeras in a sealed-off Argus, never to be seen nor heard from again. Thank god.
    Meh he will do something even more edgy next time : nuke down what remains of the titans and merge with sargie... (poor guldan we nuked him to avoid it but there comes illie and his smirk) . funniest thing i bet velen will help him do that trolololol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Makes sense and touches ground with the cinematic regarding the travel to argus and the chat illidan had with velen. Although i wouldnt expect velen to be so versatile about it ...
    Velen seems pretty ticked off with the Naaru - he seems like he's re-evaluating the path that they set for him back on Argus, and the recriminations about abandoning his people from Illidan, Hatuun, Talgath, and others really pile up on his conscience as 7.3 goes on. I found their constant deflection back onto Velen to be kind of self-serving or hypocritical, personally; but Velen might be in a mental place where he's kind of on a similar wavelength (having just had to kill his own son because of Kil'jaeden and all).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If they didn't want to use Sargeras or Illidan again they would've just killed them off. They put em in a prison so that they can bring em back in the future, same reason they kept the Lich King around. Illidan and Sargeras will both come back at some point in a future expansion, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about either of them.

OT: He kills her because he doesn't want to be an angel of the light. That's all, there's no void infections or anything.

Deleted
    Velen seems pretty ticked off with the Naaru - he seems like he's re-evaluating the path that they set for him back on Argus, and the recriminations about abandoning his people from Illidan, Hatuun, Talgath, and others really pile up on his conscience as 7.3 goes on. I found their constant deflection back onto Velen to be kind of self-serving or hypocritical, personally; but Velen might be in a mental place where he's kind of on a similar wavelength (having just had to kill his own son because of Kil'jaeden and all).
    Y and the flavor text on kj ring points to that direction . Seems possible Velen understanding that follow the path of light and follow the path of a naaru is not the exact same thing. A leader got respnsibilities to its people and world ...
    And in regards to that he is not THAT different to Illidan (am not talking about the mass masacre but tbf he sacrificed more than illidan and in a way their blood is on his hands)
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2017-08-25 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first cinematic leads into that - The naaru controlled him, forced him to not make a stand, not defense his people or his home. He realizes that when illidan says that, and illidan says that for a reason.

Illidan knows the naaru manipulate, he knows the "light" is just using them as a pawn. So thats why he tells velen that, thats why illidan kills xe'ra.

Illidan will sacrifice everything permanently to stop the burning legion - his own way.

Wait wait.

What if Illidan killing the Naaru and absorbing her was actually turning him into the prophetic idol Xe'ra was going on about? He was already with darkness... The light wouldn't really come to him in terms of utter faith, which is how the Light works... so her being killed by Illidan and being absorbed would imbue him with the Light so... became both right then?

The child of now, Shadow and Light.

Fuck what if Illidan taunted Velen for being "manipulated" ny Naaru and totally was manipulated by Xe'ra to achieve the prophecy??? After all, he does jail Sargeras. What if that's him fulfilling that prophecy?
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-08-26 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    OT: He kills her because he doesn't want to be an angel of the light. That's all, there's no void infections or anything.
    Then why exactly isn't he turned into a pile of ash? The Army of Light and Turalyon are loyal to Xe'ra. And if he is more powerful than all of them combined...why even bother with anything? We let Illidan go to Argus, let him wipe out everything and anything and then we're good. No need for an army or anything.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan will come back in the Void Lord expansion as Sargeridan.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post

Fuck what if Illidan taunted Velen for being "manipulated" ny Naaru and totally was manipulated by Xe'ra to achieve the prophecy???
    I think that a little part of Xe'ra already connected with the little Fel Part of Illidan.

After all, he does jail Sargeras. What if that's him fulfilling that prophecy?
    His prophecy is becoming an angel/paladin who's killing void lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Illidan will come back in the Void Lord expansion as Sargeridan.
    Illideras!
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-08-27 at 07:36 AM.

nice one.

at least he finds this Light shit as annoying as we are.

I follow the path of the Light, Light will show you the true way, Let's stand together and watch the slaughtering because the Light says so.

gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We knew Illidan kills X'era from the NPCs after the event (the cinematic is still missing); Alleria explictly says she is amazed that he had the power to kill her. The 7.3 trailer seems to have spots from the different cinematics of 7.3 one of which is Illidan using eyebeam within the Vindicaar. So it makes sense that he stares poor X'era-chan to death. Illidan-senpai rejected her
    Well, i saw the Cinematic but not the quests... so i didn't understand OP.

Guess Blizz redeemed Illidan-san just to unredeem him...?

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Well, i saw the Cinematic but not the quests... so i didn't understand OP.

Guess Blizz redeemed Illidan-san just to unredeem him...?
    he was never redeemed.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    he was never redeemed.
    What do you call the backstory of Black Temple, the proclaimation of him being "the one" and him not being treated like a villain anymore (except for by Maiev, but we all know she wants the D... h...)

Maybe not "fully" redeemed, but a semblance at the very least.

What do you call the backstory of Black Temple, the proclaimation of him being "the one" and him not being treated like a villain anymore (except for by Maiev, but we all know she wants the D... h...)

Maybe not "fully" redeemed, but a semblance at the very least.
    yeah, with Xe'ra shit.

ask Maiev, Malfurion, Tyrande.

hell, ask even Khadgar.

he killed thousands of innocents.

you cannot redeem that.

he even killed Xe'ra to begin with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yeah, with Xe'ra shit.

ask Maiev, Malfurion, Tyrande.

hell, ask even Khadgar.

he killed thousands of innocents.

you cannot redeem that.

he even killed Xe'ra to begin with it.
    The "Xe'ra shit" is what i was referring to in the "reversed redeeming"

Maiev is a bigot and a liar, She was merely a warden who took her job WAY too seriously and made great mistakes along the way.

Malfurion is a wuss that is just a cranky baby because he sleeps way too much.

Tyrande is a rightous priestess that freed Illidan in the first place because she came to understand that he's the only chance. And Illidan ended up saving her life.

Khadgar is a dubious character, even without his stupid quips and memes, he just doesn't make sense anymore, He asks you for Gul'dan's skull for "Reasons", Kills you for a stupid ring, has Aetish without explaining how he got it, can transform all of a sudden to a raven and all over the place in WoD and Legion.

In saying "Thousands of innocents" are you refering to the soldiers in the War of The Anciants he sacrificed?
    If so, that was in the sake of stopping the legion, which he did.

Grommash did much worse in WoD, and then by being tied to a Fel Tree, he gets a redemption (not a story).

I didn't say the story was great, it is not, but having him be "The One", Meant (at least to me) that he was to be redeemed.

Deleted
    Wait wait.

What if Illidan killing the Naaru and absorbing her was actually turning him into the prophetic idol Xe'ra was going on about? He was already with darkness... The light wouldn't really come to him in terms of utter faith, which is how the Light works... so her being killed by Illidan and being absorbed would imbue him with the Light so... became both right then?

Fuck what if Illidan taunted Velen for being "manipulated" ny Naaru and totally was manipulated by Xe'ra to achieve the prophecy??? After all, he does jail Sargeras. What if that's him fulfilling that prophecy?
    We haven't see Illidan doing void or light magic, but He is a master of fel and arcane magic (both results of the mix from light and void). I think the "child of the light and shadow" just reflects that, he can control both ordered and chaotic mix of them, but he doesn't want to be "pure void" or "pure light" and thats why he refuses to Xe'ra. Just thinking. He knows that light alone is not the answer to void because the line that pull them apart is not well defined (naarus for example cycle through pure void and pure light).

PS: This could be far-fetched but maybe Illidan is looking for a "definitive" magic, that is not light nor void, not fel nor arcane, maybe the mid point between fel and arcane, the "pure" mix between light and shadow. This could answer his thirst of power and at the same time may be the answer for all the problems. My 2 cents are on that Illidan doesn't think that there is any good if everything is on one side. I mean, if everything becomes light, it also can become void.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2017-08-27 at 02:09 PM.

The "Xe'ra shit" is what i was referring to in the "reversed redeeming"

Maiev is a bigot and a liar, She was merely a warden who took her job WAY too seriously and made great mistakes along the way.

Malfurion is a wuss that is just a cranky baby because he sleeps way too much.

Tyrande is a rightous priestess that freed Illidan in the first place because she came to understand that he's the only chance. And Illidan ended up saving her life.

Khadgar is a dubious character, even without his stupid quips and memes, he just doesn't make sense anymore, He asks you for Gul'dan's skull for "Reasons", Kills you for a stupid ring, has Aetish without explaining how he got it, can transform all of a sudden to a raven and all over the place in WoD and Legion.

In saying "Thousands of innocents" are you refering to the soldiers in the War of The Anciants he sacrificed?
    If so, that was in the sake of stopping the legion, which he did.
    no, during TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaadija View Post
    "There must always be an Illidan" - who else is going to soak all that angst?

Solution:
    Illidan refuses Xe'ra's manipulation to become The Archangel™, blasts her to pieces; then goes to a sacrifice himself to become Sargeras' prison for all eternity. There is much mourning and gnashing of teeth between infrequent cheers of joy. Back on now-sort-of-safe Azeroth Tyrande and Malfurion announce they're finally catching up with the Horde's birthrate and expect a child. Child is born with Illidan's purified soul and speed-grows up to rock the planet with Med'an. Also retains all memories from former life.

Angst-level restored!

I guess that is one way to finally get inside tyrande for illidan...... Literally escape her prison tooool

Hell, even stick his face in her rack!

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    We haven't see Illidan doing void or light magic, but He is a master of fel and arcane magic (both results of the mix from light and void). I think the "child of the light and shadow" just reflects that, he can control both ordered and chaotic mix of them, but he doesn't want to be "pure void" or "pure light" and thats why he refuses to Xe'ra. Just thinking. He knows that light alone is not the answer to void because the line that pull them apart is not well defined (naarus for example cycle through pure void and pure light).

PS: This could be far-fetched but maybe Illidan is looking for a "definitive" magic, that is not light nor void, not fel nor arcane, maybe the mid point between fel and arcane, the "pure" mix between light and shadow. This could answer his thirst of power and at the same time may be the answer for all the problems. My 2 cents are on that Illidan doesn't think that there is any good if everything is on one side. I mean, if everything becomes light, it also can become void.
    Well though he's Fel fused. Is him absorbing the power from Gul'dan's skull still canon? I can't honestly remember but didn't Gul'dan practice other magic than Fel? Could be where the Shadow lies within kinda crap.

But it's weird Illidan that absorbed the last essence of Naaru if he doesn't want to be Void or Light then why do that?