Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The horde had Cata and MoP very horde featured, now move over at let us Alliance have our time
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    All the blizzard devs that liked the Horde left the company.
    All we can hope that at some point they hire a lore guy that actually will fix the Horde faction again.

Since Metzen left it is going down hill in a very fast rate for the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    They're not Horde to me then. Talking about Aethas and Liadrin here, clearly.
    Yeah, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    You can debate whether it's pro or anti alliance but it's certainly alliance focused.
    No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The horde had Cata and MoP very horde featured, now move over at let us Alliance have our time
    And yet there was never an exp pack with a patch with 0 Alliance involved like we Horde have with 7.3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah, they are.

No.
    Nope they are not. Sorry. #NotMyHorde

They're more neutral than Thrall ever was and more bland. The Horde deserves more prominent Horde characters than this. Someone like Eitrigg or Baine. Anyone but these two. Well anyone except Gallywix. So long as their Horde Lore Characters.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Seems like a good time to bring in a NEW hero. These old heroes all suck. Fuck, our characters are more heroic than a lot of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Nope they are not. Sorry. #NotMyHorde

They're more neutral than Thrall ever was and more bland. The Horde deserves more prominent Horde characters than this. Someone like Eitrigg or Baine. Anyone but these two. Well anyone except Gallywix. So long as their Horde Lore Characters.
    Yeah the guy who betrayed Dalaran to give Garrosh his bell so the Horde could win the war is so neutral. So is the Blood Elf Paladin. In Legion, we are all sort of working together, because that's the theme right now. Doesn't change that some characters are Horde or Alliance. If war breaks out again between the Aliiance and the Horde, what side do you think Aethas and Liadrin are gonna take? The same Thrall will take. A temporary truce doesn't make a character neutral.

Deleted
    The next expasion really needs to spend time on the Horde getting its shit together. Introduce a new troll leader or promote one of the secondary Troll characters (If Zandalari are in the next expansion this should be easy). Get Thrall back, not as Warcheif or even leader of the Orcs, only have him as a background thing but make him HORDE, no more neturialty (I feel many Allaince characters should also stop being neutral). Start prompting some of the many secondry orc characters. I think Baine could be built upon by having him try to bring the Tuaren like species into the fold, even if only small factions of those races. Also have him be blessed by the Black Bull and get some swanky new horns, set him apart. Gallywix just needs more screen time same with horde panda leader. Also for the love of Christ the Horde needs to fully get behind Slyvannas or another Warchief (If she stands down). No more indecision among the ranks and no more changing Warcheif once they do select thier Warchief! New Horde stories need to focus on the family aspect of the horde and rallying together. Not on the savage barbarian morally grey aspect.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-08-27 at 12:25 PM.

But it's also not like things never sway towards the Alliance. SW didn't get a complete overhaul like Og in Cata. But then, look at WOTLK where SW got an entire new harbor district and Org got a couple of zepelin towers. Sure SW lost the park, but it gained more in return with the old barracks and farm/lake area and the old park was really only good for having an empty tavern often used for RP events on RP servers.
    The harbor also serves a necessary purpose, it's not like it was just for aesthetics. There's a reason why most Horde players who play Alliance are surprised by how awful travel is without zeppelins. It used to be the main way to get from Darnassus to Stormwind was to take the boat to Auberdine, then another to Menethil, then travel the length of the Wetlands, through Loch Modan, and Dun Morogh to get to Ironforge, then take the tram to Stormwind. A route directly from SW to Darnassus was long overdue. Plus, there needed to be a way from a major city to get to Northrend. Once again, Horde have the zeppelin system. Alliance has to fly to Menethil Harbor to get to Howling Fjord, in fact, there isn't even a Call to Arms quest to go there anymore, you automatically get sent to Borean Tundra because it's just easier to take the ship from Stormwind. (I'm not even sure the Menethil flight path is automatically unlocked for Alliance.) So, the harbor was needed and since it's Stormwind they couldn't exactly just set up a shanty and with some rickety docks.

I'm not sure how the lake and farming area was a 'gain'. The only reason to ever go over there is for cooking quests. I'm also disappointed that after 6 years of waiting for the Cata damage to Stormwind to be repaired the old park district was turned into burial shrine for Varian, which manages to serve even less of a function.

In WOTLK it felt like the Forsaken and Blood Elves got short handed in general to me as well. These are the two playable nations by far the most affected by the scourge, but the BEs are mostly involved in the dalaran/nexus war plot and the forsaken drop out of the story in favor of the neutral death knights after the Dragonblight zone.
    I'll agree about BEs, but not Forsaken. The Horde questing in terms of Howling Fjord is superior to Alliance, who are basically just given a go to quest to 'check out that noise' at Utgarde Keep. There was a more vested interest in Battle for Undercity as well (aside from obvious reasons) considering Putress/Royal Apothecary Society and Varimathras were involved. Everything to do with the Lich King was more interesting from the Horde POV. You can't even compare Sylvanas to Jaina in the Icecrown dungeons. I'll take Sylvanas' pursuit of vengeance over Jaina's lamenting her ex-boyfriend.

Vanilla heavily favored Alliance in terms of zones and quests for leveling, which is why Cata was neccisary. It also had a much more interesting quest line for Onyxia.
    It's been a long time since I did either, but I only remember the end with Bolvar in SW Keep as the interesting part of the Alliance chain. I hated the whole Jailbreak (a.k.a. endless BRD) chain. Even though travel to some parts was a pain, I preferred hunting down dragons throughout the world as Horde.

I haven't leveled a character in vanilla in over 10 years, so my memories may be rusty. I suppose technically Alliance had more choice in the beginning (mostly because Horde had 3 races funneled into The Barrens) but, much like now, people would often rather go to the human lands. Ashenvale was (and still is) awful to quest in as Alliance (Darkshore was also a downgrade). Loch Modan and Wetlands were slightly improved, but not enough for anyone to bother questing there. Eversong Woods & Ghostlands are vastly superior to Azure & Bloodmyst (Draenei questing is some of the worst in the game). Even though I hate what they did to Azshara aesthetically, I can't deny that zone is probably the most fun out of any equivalent level zone.

Voss(Horde only) Neutral not actually part of the Forsaken.
    They brought back Voss? I need to level a Horde rogue, if I could ever decide on a race. :P
    Last edited by Lane; 2017-08-27 at 12:32 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I'm really struggling to figure out why my Horde character is even there most of the time. Many of the class hall storylines are heavily Alliance centered. And now with the new patch coming, the Horde is helping the Army of the Light, but apparently none of the horde faction leaders thought it was worth showing up for a battle on Argus?

Apparently the Horde was wiped out at the end of MoP and I wasn't told.

Considering the theory that the next expansion will center around Kul Tiras, I figure it's probably time to leave the Horde, since it lore-wise consists of 1000 guys leftover from the Siege of Orgrimmar lying in the infirmary.
    ... Which point of "Factions doesn't work when there's a major threat, so we have to team up and become faction-neutral" flew over your head?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    The horde don't belong in legion. Would you feel comfortable letting the race with a history for giving into the demonic urges and blindly following insane leaders anywhere near the legion?
    Well then, I guess the Night Elves should've stayed home then....

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the guy who betrayed Dalaran to give Garrosh his bell so the Horde could win the war is so neutral. So is the Blood Elf Paladin. In Legion, we are all sort of working together, because that's the theme right now. Doesn't change that some characters are Horde or Alliance. If war breaks out again between the Aliiance and the Horde, what side do you think Aethas and Liadrin are gonna take? The same Thrall will take. A temporary truce doesn't make a character neutral.
    ... You do *know* that Aethas Sunreaver *didn't* know that his Sunreavers were working against him and with Garrosh right? It's only been established like 10-12 times since it happened in 5.1...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, except that EVERY time the "war" gets interrupted by a larger threat. And every single time the Horde and Alliance realizes their personal squabbles don't make sense in light of that threat. And sometimes they recognize that they've been manipulated. It's formulaic at this point, and only continues to be a game mechanic because Blizzard would have to change their server software and databases. There is zero in-game or lore reason for the two sides to be fighting each other anymore.
    just because they stop killing each other because there is worse enemy didn't mean they stop to hate in each other, right now the horde and the alliance didn't even form a alliance to fight against the big threat like in wotlk or cata, they are absent, its just the heroes and the class hall

The legion is invading, ok, there is no point to rage full war against each other now, but the world did not stop, the factions are big, there are a lot of organizations, civilians, conflicts happening on borders all the time, you think the warsong will stop to get lumber from NE lands? you think the elves will not kill then at sign?

the undeads and the humans in eastern kingdons? rly? old hatreds did not vanish just because some army of the light bullshit

Blizzard should just ditch the two-faction game mechanic and cram everyone into one giant pool. We're all doing the same quests and dungeons anyway. Free the story up to be told without the constraints of an outdated system.
    ditch the 2 faction game mechanic is the same thing to remove the game mechanic of pokemons from a pokemon game, remove all the jump of prince of persia, the killing monsters of god of war etc

its WARcraft, we have war against each other, we want to win the war, win territories, win resources, thats the thing who make warcraft different from other games, apart from the normal history, we have this faction conflict, with ideals, point of views, lore, characters etc.

and, again, they told the story pretty well until the middle of pandaria, a better story, when they decide to change we get this army of he light bullcrap, when everyone its a light warrior o justice in shinny armors and white panties

- - - Updated - - -

She's clearly Horde. And half-orc is still orc. Thrall's Horde doesn't despise them. Rexxar is only half-orc as well and he is respected by the Horde. And he is clearly Horde too. You would never say that Garona or Rexxar were Alliance or neutral. They are Horde.

how the fuck Garona is horde, are you in drugs or something? just because she is half orc?

she is half draenei too she is clearly alliance?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-08-27 at 12:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I'm really struggling to figure out why my Horde character is even there most of the time. Many of the class hall storylines are heavily Alliance centered. And now with the new patch coming, the Horde is helping the Army of the Light, but apparently none of the horde faction leaders thought it was worth showing up for a battle on Argus?

Apparently the Horde was wiped out at the end of MoP and I wasn't told.

Considering the theory that the next expansion will center around Kul Tiras, I figure it's probably time to leave the Horde, since it lore-wise consists of 1000 guys leftover from the Siege of Orgrimmar lying in the infirmary.
    Well, there are just not that many interesting characters left in the Horde and while Sylvanas could have an entire expansion about her without a problem, Blizzard are well aware that the playerbase is divided about her and they are too much of a pussy to choose side.

I actually think it is about time to join the Horde for real, because Blizzard have to do something crazy next expansion, if they want the factions to stay relevant.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I actually think it is about time to join the Horde for real, because Blizzard have to do something crazy next expansion, if they want the factions to stay relevant.
    can't wait for my boys of the horde be the villains again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    can't wait for my boys of the horde be the villains again
    I actually think that we will see the alliance become a bit "evil" this time The memory of Garroshes attacks are still fresh for many and i think that Jaina and Genn will proberly turn the alliance to attacking the Horde.

Either we will see Sylvanas become the leader she is supposed to be and stands against the Alliance or we will see someone else go up the ranks of the Horde and hopefully take control of the Horde since Sylvanas really don't care about having the title of Warchief.

The horde have put their role as villains behind them and i think it would feel forced to make them kind of "bad" again. The entire expansion of MoP was all about ridding the Horde of all its warmongers and the Horde of today is simply more peaceloving....Except for the Forsaken ofcourse xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not really favouring one side or the other. They're just focusing on the characters that are relevant to the story they want to tell. Sometimes this means the horde or alliance biggies get more spotlight over the other but I don't think Blizzard's writing team really considers that a big factor through the years, they just pick the story they want to tell regardless. It's the fans who get hung up over Horde vs. Alliance so much.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Thrall and orcs during two expansions ...
    The question was where the Horde went, not what it did in the past.

The defeat of Garry and everything that followed has left the Horde barely clinging to relevance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Last I checked, they were running from the battlefield.
    Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    You mean fighting a unending wave of demons while the glorious Alliance was listening to a speech instead of finishing the expansion before it began?

Anyway, Blizzard needs better writers that can tell a story form from that 1 side. First it was Nightfallen against Ellisande/Gul'dan and now its Velen vs KJ/the burning legion What about the other millions that lost something cause of the burning legion considering this is their 3rd invasion? It just feels so incredible 1 note.
    A couple professional writers would do miracles even if they have to retcon stuff again to make sense out of it.
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2017-08-27 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Last I checked, they were running from the battlefield.
    Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Not like alliance, they atleast let Guldan kill their warcheif then they run after the show

Horde exists? Please, all I care about right now is my Order and my Soldiers. Wtf is Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

They integrated themselves in the other factions, much like Alliance did, but its key players play secondary roles this time around. This doesn't have to necessarily be the case next expansion. Legion is one xpac in recent history that go to Alliance characters, but there is hope for the future.