Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that funny that this forum is most negative when new patch is about to drop? It's like they hate whole idea that other people are hyped and excited for new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Just a reminder that were only getting less than a 3rd of the patch on Tuesday. The full patch , minus the raid will be here on September 12th. So don't expect a ton to do right away. If you want to do the full Argus story all at once and the dungeon and crucible, wait til then.
    Not accurate.

You get 1.5 zones on day one, 2.5 zones week 2 and 3 full zones week 3.

If anything 1/2 of the patch is out day one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Isn't that funny that this forum is most negative when new patch is about to drop? It's like they hate whole idea that other people are hyped and excited for new content.
    Yup, they wanna be debbie downers, who cares we're getting 3 zones! LETS BITCH THAT ALL 3 WONT BE OUT DAY ONE INSTEAD!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Run around with Illidan + Velen + Khadgar clown fiesta, kill some demons, unlock WQs and go back to farming ToS.
    There's actually a lot more to do on argus day one, find treasures rares world quests in two zones, as well as new profession stuff unlocks. Catch up gear, 910 gear is a lot easier to farm than 880, get catch up gear for alts the boa kind.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They listened to their customers for complaining about dailies so they removed them in WoD which killed normalized reputation grinds and world content. That left most PvE'ers to do nothing but raid. They complained about LFR that it should be tourist mode and they made LFR in a bad state with ugly and useless tier-sets and faceroll bosses. With Legion they brought it back and continued the MoP mode where the content when it was released was in a normal state and got challenging as the tiers became released over the weeks which would become a grindfest as appropriate as players get geared. Only listen to detailed feedback and not whining or you will fail.

- - - Updated - - -

You will have story content to do and more WQs. You also have catch-up gear and rep to grind. There's so much to do even without Antorus.
    So its the players fault that Blizzard can't find a happy medium? They are like a pendulum, there isn't a middle ground. If I say that I like a sandwich but it could use let mustard, that doesn't mean no mustard. Again, thats not players faults.

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    I could not care less about destiny 2 so many other players as well.
    Haha I've got no real interest in Destiny 2 but I did pre-order it so I guess I should play it. Had to do something with the rivers of b.net balance that have been flowing since you could convert it from gold.

Well yeah we all knew this

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Good old Blizzard timegating.

Fucking retarded.
    No surprise there...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    By that logic the full patch won't be out till 14 weeks (AK55)

The main content of the patch is out on week two. This is misleading.

They listened to their customers for complaining about dailies so they removed them in WoD which killed normalized reputation grinds and world content. That left most PvE'ers to do nothing but raid. They complained about LFR that it should be tourist mode and they made LFR in a bad state with ugly and useless tier-sets and faceroll bosses. With Legion they brought it back and continued the MoP mode where the content when it was released was in a normal state and got challenging as the tiers became released over the weeks which would become a grindfest as appropriate as players get geared. Only listen to detailed feedback and not whining or you will fail.
    Those decisions weren't meant to cater to all their customers in general, but to a very tiny fraction of them (the min-maxers and the mythic raiders).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    just a reminder Destiny 2 comes out and everyone will be playing that
    Well, everyone... Destiny 2 doesn't have nor 10% of the hype that Destiny had, I see people wanting to play it but not that It is "the game people are waiting". Have lots of friends who played Destiny and are quite "meh" about Destiny 2. The fact that Activision forced Destiny 2 to be on Battle net being form Bungie and not from Blizzard says lots of things. They wanted blizz games (Overwatch and Wow especially) to push it a bit.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2017-08-27 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    While I'd also want to do all the content right away, at least it's only time-gated until 12th September. It was 11 weeks of gating in 7.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    While I'd also want to do all the content right away, at least it's only time-gated until 12th September. It was 11 weeks of gating in 7.2.
    The extra traits weren't gated for 11 weeks, only the mount was. Mounts are inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Patch released all at once, 4weeks later, OMG ITS NOTHING TO DO, FUCK SAKE BLIZZ

Patch is released timegated, OMG, FUCKING TIMEGATING, FUCK SAKE BLIZZ
    Indeed.

The fat-kid-vs-cake-mentality people will do their very VERY narrow portion of content, and then they'll sit around bitching about how there's "nothing" to do for a fact until the next patch comes.

This holds true with or without gating.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Well, not really.

Ion has said in an interview that Antorus is not 7.3.5 content and might get released prior to that. They weren't even sure if theres going to be a 7.3.5 at all.
    They said the same thing about 7.2.5 and Tomb of Sargeras during a Q&A around that time. I remember clearly because I was thinking "come on, bruh" when he said that.

However, I do see the possibility of them delaying content patch this go-around and just releasing a balance patch in November 14th prior to the raid's release on November 21st (this date will likely stick). Then 77 days after the 14th delivering a content patch just to tide us over until xpac's release deep into next year.

Which is why in business you should 85% of the time never listen to your customers. =)
    Great logic dude. I guess creating engaging fun content that lasts is a lost art.

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    Great logic dude. I guess creating engaging fun content that lasts is a lost art.
    Enlight us on what is your idea of fun content that last

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    1. What you find fun and engaging is subjective.

2. Feel free to share any ideas you may have on content for WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It will affect the gaming world in general since it will be one of the biggest launches of the year.
    Not really.
    Destiny had 1 of the biggest launches of that year for sure but after the fiasco that game was people are lot more cautious about Destiny 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Not really.
    Destiny had 1 of the biggest launches of that year for sure but after the fiasco that game was people are lot more cautious about Destiny 2.
    Yes really. You are really underestimating the launch. Even without the PC version it will be huge.

Why do you think no other big dev has a publish date set for the 6th? Because they know it would be a stupid fucking idea to even try. Literally the only thing I know that is coming that day is a small Wildstar patch.

Open Beta for PC is set at a perfect time as well. Gives people a chance to try it for a few days who may not have been able to play the first one since it never came to PC. And since it's on Battle.net offers Blizzard players the chance to try it and can possibly equal more sales.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-27 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Remember the ol' days when devs had some level of respect for their players? The time gating is honestly kinda insulting.
    like when? vanilla? where you are forced to wait weeks to farm timegated reagents to craft equip needed to try bosses?