Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Also wan't to add now when they are uppgrading the animation for so many spells for our caster classes of all speccs why nothing for paladins? Holy shock, holy light, flash of light. Our auras are so old by now and our hands too=(, i would like to see a new light of dawn it looks like the old one from cata=(.

Like Judgment, Shield of the Righteous suffers the same problem.

Judgment: As a debuff mechanic needs a shorter CD and longer duration.
    SotR: As a defensive buff mechanic needs a longer duration and/or shorter cd and better Judgment interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    I miss when the spec (and most classes in general) had choices to weigh through rotations, rather than just smashing whatever procs or is up soonest. I guess that's why people say 'priority' over 'rotation' now adays, but still.

Not sure if it's my nostalgia but I do remember cata ret being a lot of fun, mostly because of it requiring some sort of management until they made it so inquisition(?) lasted 60 seconds instead of 30. From there they sort of kept dumbing the spec down more and more. Wouldn't mind trying out cata ret again to see if it was actually more enjoyable than the current iteration.
    The late Cata version was pretty good, though Holy Power Generation was somewhat slow. It had something resembling mobility, and hit damned hard though raid DPS was low-average. Early Cata Ret was terrible - poor damage, no survivability, broken holy power system.

MoP was like Cata, but with less CC (while everyone else had as much or more) and less survivability. It's been downhill from there, IMO.

Once upon a long time ago Ret (BC/LK) was one of the more mobile specs over the long term - no gap closers, but constant +20% runspeed and good root/snare resistance. Now we just aren't mobile at all, comparatively. We aren't super tough, we have terrible off-healing, and we only hit hard in PvP with wings and assuming we can sit. Our DPS is poor in raids. Oh, and our target switching is atrocious.

Me, for ToS and most likely for the rest of the expac I swapped to my primary alt, a Shaman - also not a super choice, but at least ranged is relaxing to play compared to melee and I'm a much better Shaman healer when our raid needs an extra than I am a Paladin healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Holy though, I don't know why they'd complain they have a solid playstyle and great class fantasy. I still have no idea what the ret class fantasy is.
    Holy is decent except for a complete lack of bubbles or HoTs so if you have to move at a bad time you're left hoping your aura is sufficient cover for your raid/arena partners. It's got a pretty good toolkit though, and I quite liked it earlier in this expac (it's the first time I was happy Paladin healing in raids since LK). I just found I'm still better at healing on my Shaman, likely because the Shaman's been my primary healing character since Cata.

Indeed we do excellently against magic damage since our active mitigation works perfectly well against it (and we can stack a small cooldown like Eye of Tyr or Ardent Defender on top of it for even stronger effect); our problem with magic damage largely is in encounter mechanic that force you out of range when the damage happens (at the end of a debuff or when soaking something out of range); Odyn was the worst case so far imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, SotR is perfectly fine. Forcing the gameplay to change so that you can have 100% uptime would simply ruin the gameplay. The main issue with SotR is melee range (the Seraphim issue is with the talent). At most we could make a case for SotR to be weaker and base mitigation to be higher (slightly) to somewhat reduce the skill cap (cause right now protection is the tank that suffers the most from a mistake since wasting a charge can easily lead to a wipe).
    So basically SotR charges and/or duration issues X'D

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin's development and fantasy has been going steadily downhill since Cataclysm launched, all Blizzard has done since the end of Wrath is take things away from us.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Paladin's development and fantasy has been going steadily downhill since Cataclysm launched,
    Prot paladin's class fantasy since cata is "that tank with smallest hp", at least at start when you could get block capped you were still quite sturdy, but they nerfed that too.

I kinda miss wotlk paladin design=P

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    I kinda miss wotlk paladin design=P
    Who does not, barring literal inability to do damage in pvp?

No, not at all. The fact that you can game the system by expending all of your SotR charges to increase the duration enough for it to last while out of range is our poor solution to the problem.
    Fair enough \o/