Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Underwater combat. Grinding for legendaries/ascended items. Group-based hero points. WvW (I don't like WvW, but it's a good system). No addons. Main campaign story is absolutely terrible (HoT/LS3 story is great, though). Bad optimization, even on modern rigs. Some character skills are useless. Dungeons are useless after the nerf in rewards.

You're not the first that calls me biased because of my opinions of GW2. I just really really like the game, and I like expressing to others what I like about the game. I understand that GW2 has a lot of flaws, but they do not make me enjoy the game any less.
    There's better ways to express your opinion or passion than saying "no other MMO has the balls to do this".

Just makes you come off as attacking other games to make Guild Wars 2 look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are adding. They're coming with PoF.
    Well... Guess I'm installing GW2 again!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    There's better ways to express your opinion or passion than saying "no other MMO has the balls to do this".

Just makes you come off as attacking other games to make Guild Wars 2 look better.
    If you're still quoting my earlier comment, then you must be pretty offended because of it. If that is the case, I'm sorry. But I stick with my opinion. No other MMO has the audacity to try new things with its content. They just reiterate on the same things over and over again. I'm pretty happy that ANET tried to do something different, and they did a pretty good job about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb
    We're in a Guild Wars 2 subforum in MMO-Champion, and I like the game. Anything good that I say about the game will probably sound like I'm attacking other MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I have to disagree.

Any map that has huge amounts of verticality is fucking retarded IMO. One of the biggest negatives for me in HoT has been the maps that are a pain in the ass to traverse (Bloodstone Fen, Verdant Brink, and Tangled Depths.....especially Tangled Depths....fuck that place).

I for one am VERY glad that PoF will be taking us back to more traditional styles of maps.

Some verticality is fine (jumping puzzles and just smaller areas in general for exploration purposes). But making entire zones, and several of them at that, that force all the verticality upon you without choice is absolutely retarded. And a large portion of the playerbase agrees.
    To me the verticality wasn't so bad. It was just, for some of those hp or mp (or map completion stuff), they have you gliding halfway across the map, trying to find some little tiny ledge to land on (a ledge that is obscured by trees and actually hard to see) and- if you miss it- it takes about 10 mins to get all the way up high enough to try again.

It was just ridiculous.

They should have started with basically normal maps (one or two) then they get more and more convoluted as you head deeper into the jungle.

I really hope they don't do stuff like that in POF. After the initial launch of HOT - a lot of players took off until A Net recovered with LS3- due to the convoluted nature of those maps. Also, it wasn't just one map either- it was every single one. At the base, the game has to be fun- I don't think navigating those crazy convoluted maps was fun for many.

That's why LS3 was so successful- they took away the map craziness from the first HOT zones in those new maps.

I hope they do something about the way currency works as well. Every map having it's own special currency and having to keep track of it all is becoming a bit of a handful.

It would also be nice if they revise some of the HOT achievement stuff so you can still get them now that nobody will be doing those maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

It would also be nice if they revise some of the HOT achievement stuff so you can still get them now that nobody will be doing those maps.
    Maybe tone down some of the group oriented stuff but there will be plenty of people doing the maps for the Meta events. Auric Basin Tarir event is the best farming event in the game.

If you're still quoting my earlier comment, then you must be pretty offended because of it. If that is the case, I'm sorry. But I stick with my opinion. No other MMO has the audacity to try new things with its content. They just reiterate on the same things over and over again. I'm pretty happy that ANET tried to do something different, and they did a pretty good job about it.

We're in a Guild Wars 2 subforum in MMO-Champion, and I like the game. Anything good that I say about the game will probably sound like I'm attacking other MMO's.
    Uhm no. When you openly state "no other MMO has the balls to do this" it makes your argument look petty. You knew exactly what you were trying to do by making the statement. Don't be disingenuous about it.

Attacking other games to make a game look better is a childish way of expressing passion or an opinion.

And don't use the fact we are in a sub forum as an excuse. You are fine to stick to your guns. But don't try to hide the fact your guns come off as really biased.

I like Guild Wars 2. But I can express my opinion of how I like it without having to take a dig at other games.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-28 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Maybe tone down some of the group oriented stuff but there will be plenty of people doing the maps for the Meta events. Auric Basin Tarir event is the best farming event in the game.
    I hope they add more gold-making alternative maps, Auric Basin should've had its loot improved after the grouping nerf. Silverwastes is ridiculously grindy also but it's genuinely my favourite map. For me it's their best designed map in terms of layout and meta event design.

I despise the layout of the original HoT maps, however the LS3 maps are a big improvement because they struck a balance by making the vertical areas less complex and also adding open/flat areas. I also love the meta events in the maps even though the rewards are super fucking grindy (Dragon's Stand is really fun and I love the meta event there).

I'm super excited for PoF and mounts, they're going to be a great addition to the game and the maps look really well done (travelling around on a Guardian is annoying as fuck). I really hope there are meta events in the new maps because they're fun. I'm really worried that there won't be any, hopefully they've just kept them hidden.

As long as we don't get shit like TD again then fine. Dragon's Stand has the best open world event imo.

But yeah Auric is insane for farming. Few events and I had all my Viper stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhm no. When you openly state "no other MMO has the balls to do this" it makes your argument look petty.

Attacking other games to make a game look better is a childish way of expressing passion or an opinion.

And don't use the fact we are in a sub forum as an excuse. You are fine to stick to your guns. But don't try to hide the fact your guns come off as really biased.
    Well, if my opinion has no value to you, don't bother with it. I don't understand why you're still attacking me with your statements. I'm not going to change my opinion about the game, end of story.

Well, if my opinion has no value to you, don't bother with it. I don't understand why you're still attacking me with your statements. I'm not going to change my opinion about the game, end of story.
    Not asking you to change it. And stop trying to play the "you're attacking me" victim card please. It doesn't work with me. If you can't handle your opinion being debated on a forum then maybe a forum is not the best place to be?

But the moment you start attacking other games to make one look better it makes your opinion look blatantly biased.

Feel free to stick to it. It's very close to white knighting at best.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meh.

So, I liked gliding. It's a nice way to do some things.

However, I hate it when a game gives you an ability and then just keeps throwing things at you that require the ability. It's one thing when a platformer or something does that, but when an open-world type game does it, it just feels awkward and forced. Or it feels like the same old treadmill, but in the form of mobility or actions. So rather than gliding being this fun new thing, it's another chore that you have to deal with because the zones are all built specifically with gliding abilities in mind.

If they had just built "normal" zones and designed them with no specific mechanic in mind - simply good artistic and level design - and then added in gliding, it would likely have felt like just a fun addition to the game. Instead we got maps that felt like the designers got pinned down by management and told to make maps that fit a specific limitation.

Maybe it's hard to describe, but the difference is really important to me I guess. I don't want to just endlessly feel like I'm being given the ability to jump through higher hoops.
    I agree with you. It is not smart for ANET to lock map progression behind certain Masteries. I really disliked having to grind for Ley-Line Gliding to reach certain areas without having to "cheat" my way through map glitches and other stuff.

This brings another topic to mind - They gave us awesome skills to glide with in Bloodstone Fen, but removed them in subsequent areas of the LS3. I want them back!

If mount Masteries are needed for any part of story progression can't say I'll be too pleased.

I love verticality, tangled depths is just bad. Maps are useless for navigation, almost no caves have markers and there's no way to tell which poi/vista/event is on a different layer than you.

That said, I love the verticality of maps, and bloodstone fen was pretty good. I especially love how they added leygliding abilities; though they could be opened up to all the LS3 zones instead of bloodstone fen/lake dorric.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meh.

So, I liked gliding. It's a nice way to do some things.

However, I hate it when a game gives you an ability and then just keeps throwing things at you that require the ability. It's one thing when a platformer or something does that, but when an open-world type game does it, it just feels awkward and forced. Or it feels like the same old treadmill, but in the form of mobility or actions. So rather than gliding being this fun new thing, it's another chore that you have to deal with because the zones are all built specifically with gliding abilities in mind.

If they had just built "normal" zones and designed them with no specific mechanic in mind - simply good artistic and level design - and then added in gliding, it would likely have felt like just a fun addition to the game. Instead we got maps that felt like the designers got pinned down by management and told to make maps that fit a specific limitation.

Maybe it's hard to describe, but the difference is really important to me I guess. I don't want to just endlessly feel like I'm being given the ability to jump through higher hoops.
    That's the tedium vs challenge thing for me. Gliding is fun, but requiring me to move from vent to vent to stay in the air while a boss does stuff below, it's just tedious, not challenge.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I love all the new areas from LS3. They're all good and memorable on their own.

But then there is Bloodstone Fen. At first, I thought that the area looked ugly. "Ugh, this will be the Hellfire Peninsula of GW2". But no.

The events are great, the lore is very interesting, the currency is well implemented (if a bit grindy, but hey), and gliding there is super fun.

A great incentive for those who didn't play through LS3 yet!
    Bloodstone Fen sucks ass.

Its easily the worst of the LS3 zones, with Draconis Mons being a close 2nd.

Bitterfrost Frontier , Emberbay and Sirens Landing are top notch, though

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post

I'm super excited for PoF and mounts, they're going to be a great addition to the game and the maps look really well done (travelling around on a Guardian is annoying as fuck). I really hope there are meta events in the new maps because they're fun. I'm really worried that there won't be any, hopefully they've just kept them hidden.
    I'll be really disappointed if there aren't any events like Dragon Stand or Auric Basin in PoF. I agree with Eleccybubb that DS is the best event in the game

I'll be really disappointed if there aren't any events like Dragon Stand or Auric Basin in PoF. I agree with Eleccybubb that DS is the best event in the game
    DS is bloody amazing. The push is kind of meh but once you start on the big boss shit just happens.

If mount Masteries are needed for any part of story progression can't say I'll be too pleased.
    Of course it will. Because that's the point.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Bloodstone Fen sucks ass.

Its easily the worst of the LS3 zones, with Draconis Mons being a close 2nd.

Bitterfrost Frontier , Emberbay and Sirens Landing are top notch, though
    I hated Bitterfrost Frontier the most. Just sooooo tedious. Kill some mobs, move a little, kill more. The disguise thing was okay, but done better in the story for Ember Bay, which was my favorite new zone. Siren's Landing was okay, as was Draconis Mons, but a lot of them made me wonder why I bothered spending Mastery on their stuff. I may just be getting old though, as I always liked JP, but the new ones are just too long and tedious for me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Of course it will. Because that's the point.
    I don't know that Story will be gated, but judging by the Raptor ("make jump longer"), there WILL be areas you need mastery to reach. So zone completion.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

DS is bloody amazing. The push is kind of meh but once you start on the big boss shit just happens.
    Really? Other way around for me. The push takes 30 minutes or so, you fight through the length of the entire zone, with each lane being unique, then the blighting towers are awesome too.

Then you get to the boss. You glide over, he bites a platform , you either one phase him if your group doesn't CC, or you do CC and you two phase him. The gaps between being able to dps him take literally 3-4+ minutes where I generally just go AFK (along with most others) then arrive back to dps him again for the 2nd phase.