Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Maybe if I get my life together, the way I like it the most at least with a good job and household. Even then its just so that I won't be lonely while having to live alone. I'm not a fan of kids in general though and I tend to staya way from them as much as possible, they're just to loud and obnoxious most of the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to, but don't think i can.

I would love to. I don't really see it happening though. One of my on/off people this year is someone I can literally see myself doing everything with. I wouldn't marry just anyone, so for me to get to that point... yeah, i wouldn't mind it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Yes, I'm man of basic needs. Having a simple house, being married and having at least 1 child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure but so far I haven't met anyone yet that it gets that serious and I'm not trying to because I want to focus on school and other projects. Hook ups are fine for me right now.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Marriage is a lie.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Nope. Marriage isn't sacred anymore. If anything it benefits the women 100%. Everything a man needs can be obtained in a long term relationship. Then there is that fear of your partner becoming fat after you marry them.
    Sounds like you are a bit salty towards women. As a person who agrees that the vast majority of benefits are for women and very little for men...for me it's about the commitment and than ring means something to me.

I like to believe love is still out there.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    As someone whos been with his SO for 4 years now, she wants to get married, but im at a crossroads with it. I do truly love her, but financially and legally binding myself, and everything ive earned up to this point is a scary thought, especially with the divorce rates in western societies. Probably will marry her anyways though, kids on the other hand, man thats an entirely different hill to climb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Sounds like you are a bit salty towards women. As a person who agrees that the vast majority of benefits are for women and very little for men...for me it's about the commitment and than ring means something to me.

I like to believe love is still out there.
    I'm curious as to what difference you feel a ring makes? Are you implying that long-term love isn't as concrete without legal binding? And if you're not, then what exactly is the importance of the ring? Is it just a symbol? A badge of social progression?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    I'm curious as to what difference you feel a ring makes? Are you implying that long-term love isn't as concrete without legal binding? And if you're not, then what exactly is the importance of the ring? Is it just a symbol? A badge of social progression?
    Without a ring two people have to be nice to each other daily - or they break up. With a ring - yearly, or they divorce.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The comments are exactly what I expected. These threads are like honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The comments are exactly what I expected. These threads are like honey.
    Yeah really, i bet 99% of those people wuold kill themselves for a woman or a marriage, but you know, you must be edgy on a forum!

not religious and not into traditions so nah.. not like you need it to prove your commitment to a person anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no, I like not sharing my money with anyone. Screw prenups so much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    It has been proven that without a marriage, people are simply less committed in the long run. I'm not saying this as a general rule, it's not required. But for me it signifies commitment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    not religious and not into traditions so nah.. not like you need it to prove your commitment to a person anyway.
    For you, no...for others, yes.

You don't have to agree to understand the importance of marriage.

Nope. Because I can't get divorced and lose most of my assets if I never get married.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    It has been proven that without a marriage, people are simply less committed in the long run. I'm not saying this as a general rule, it's not required. But for me it signifies commitment.

- - - Updated - - -

For you, no...for others, yes.

You don't have to agree to understand the importance of marriage.
    there is no importance of marriage.
    it's a choice people make out of a sense of tradition etc.. not because it's somehow important.

Deleted
    Single now, longest relationship was 2 years and the bitch was talking about kids...

I think my right hand is the best marriage prospect, as even when dating her marriage never interested me or seemed to apply.

Maybe in 10/20 years I'll change my mind, but it makes the weird connection of marriage = kids which puts me off even more.

Yea, probably. After getting out of an abusive relationship it's starting to look a little "meh" though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I am asexual... so doubtful.
    Excellent to know. Provides a lot of insight for this thread.

why would i give up my freedom for a 50/50 shot at losing half or more of my future earnings? i'd rather take a kick to the balls