Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yet people continue to deny climate change. I am sorry but people will continue to die if we do nothing.
    People like you are the reason people deny climate change being an issue. You want to act like a Hurricane has never hit Texas before. Is Harvey the worst Hurricane to ever hit land due to climate change? Or is it bad, because it hit a very large city? You folks that are now acting like every Hurricane that hits land is new and due to climate change is killing the message with hyperbole. I'm just waiting for you guys to tie earthquakes into climate change and then pretend like Cali never saw earthquakes before.

Don't muddle the message

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But I . . .didn't? I quoted another poster who said you did.

Me: Its killing the entirw world but apparently only americans deserve it right?

You: Well the rest of the world is making an effort against climate change are they not?

Dude....

Trump's Homeland Security press release 5 months ago: cut FEMA & flood insurance to free up funds for border wall https://t.co/LtINGhsWft https://t.co/8mF6XHp9Av

https://twitter.com/Patrick_J_Egan/s...72383174721536

It's all about that wall.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Come on so you say Trump would need years to fuck shit up? REALLY?
    Do you know who disagrees with that? Trump himself. Trump didn't just admit, he bragged, about leaving posts open. He is claiming it is an intentional choice to reduce the size of the government. Therefore, it's not about replacing good people with bad people that haven't been placed yet -- it's about replacing good people with empty space, and he's been doing it since Day One.

TJ's attempt at defending Trump, like many attempts to defend Trump, is countered by Trump's proven words and actions.

It's funny. People have been saying Trump should be there assessing and helping now, and now that he goes there, people are saying Trump shouldn't be there right now because each helicopter they need is one not saving someone.

I absolutely hate what Trump represents, but come on, it's his job to be there.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    It's funny. People have been saying Trump should be there assessing and helping now
    Name one person that said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny. People have been saying Trump should be there assessing and helping now, and now that he goes there, people are saying Trump shouldn't be there right now because each helicopter they need is one not saving someone.

I absolutely hate what Trump represents, but come on, it's his job to be there.
    He should be assessing and helping, him being there does neither and will cost a lot of money and time that could be used to help. And of course, odds are Trump will say/do something politicly stupid while there, distracting from the actual problems.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Name one person that said that.
    A lot of it was comments on facebook, when his schedule was announced, and many decrying that he should be there helping. It's just what I've witnessed. If you haven't noticed that, maybe it's not as widespread as I thought.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of it was comments on facebook
    Well, if you're friends with someone on FB that said Trump should go, and then after Trump went said Trump shouldn't go, that person on Facebook is a hypocrite.

I have seen nobody on these forums, any form of media including FOX and Breitbart, Congress, the Texas state and local governments, or the military asking for Trump's physical presence on the scene. The only person I've seen saying Trump should go, is Trump.

A lot of it was comments on facebook, when his schedule was announced, and many decrying that he should be there helping. It's just what I've witnessed. If you haven't noticed that, maybe it's not as widespread as I thought.
    Or, you know, he could be outside the emergency zone and use this amazing new invention we have called video. I hear he uses it to watch Fox news all day and find good things about himself. No one wants him physically there, in the way, with all the security nightmares that entails when people are in serious danger.

10+ Year Old Account
    he problem is here that he has NOT appointed many members of his administrations positions. That is just as bad as appointing the "wrong" people.
    And here's FOX News agreeing with that. Ingraham, no less.

- - - Updated - - -

God dammit, there goes a levee. Brazoria County is in a "get out now" order from their local government.

Come on so you say Trump would need years to fuck shit up? REALLY? What reallity are you living in, he fucks things up constantly. Most of hte times he does it by opening his mouth. The problem is here that he has NOT appointed many members of his administrations positions. That is just as bad as appointing the "wrong" people.
    So, in your mind, FEMA is doing a bad job? Maybe I'm right, regardless of your flawed logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that. It seems to me that, if I was in rising water, I'd be far more worried about the alligators than the ants. Still, crazy shit like this is going to keep happening. What's next, a zoo floods and we get Planet of the Apes?

In other news, this is the shit I'm talking about: Trump could be scoring points right now if he just shut the fuck up. Instead, we get this:

"I think that you’re going to see very rapid action from Congress," Trump said, predicting Texas will "be up and running very, very quickly" in the aftermath of the storm.

Every other story, such as this one, is talking about multiple years of recovery. Saying stupid shit like that is just not helping. Go back to your golf course, just keep sending everything FEMA or Texas asks for, and shut the fuck up. WIN.

The disaster in TX is a combination of many factors.

You can blame the warmer than normal gulf water, which feed energy and moisture to the storm, to global warming.

You can blame the poor urban planning (actually quite common in the US) to lack of budget, rapidly increasing population, and the legendary Texan’s distaste for rules and regulations (7,000 new homes were built in the 100-year flood zone in the last year).

However, the biggest component of the disaster, the slow lingering storm which at times was moving slower than normal walking pace, is strictly Mother Nature’s.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2017-08-29 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's official: Harvey has dumped more rain on the USA than any storm on record.

Harvey topped the last storm from 1978, which also hit Texas.

And Harvey's not even done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    He should be assessing and helping, him being there does neither and will cost a lot of money and time that could be used to help. And of course, odds are Trump will say/do something politicly stupid while there, distracting from the actual problems.
    You mean like brag about how many people turned out to see him in Texas?

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...91642976256000

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    You mean like brag about how many people turned out to see him in Texas?

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...91642976256000
    What a piece of shit. Quick Alleybeboa and Tijuana and Stormdash and Primalmatter and Ransath and Bucksparkles come deflect showing some president, any president, doesn't even have to be this century to do this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, check this out!

Freedom Caucus chair: Disaster funding doesn't need budget offsets

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), chair of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, says he will not demand that costs of disaster relief in the wake of Tropical Storm Harvey be offset by spending cuts.

“It is not our position that disaster relief funding needs to be offset elsewhere," Meadows spokesman Ben Williamson said. Meadows would, however, oppose attempts to add non-disaster-related funding to a bill.

The Freedom Caucus has not taken an official position on the relief efforts.

Meadow's position is a turnaround from 2013 when he opposed two bills providing disaster relief in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
    That's right, the Freedom Caucus has the opportunity to politicize the hurricane and blatantly refuses to do so, acting instead like decent human beings. Good on them.

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you who didn't know, the total real estate value of Texas (in 2015) was $1.3 trillion dollars.

So if, hypothetically, they lost half of that, that would be about the same as we spend on defense, or Medicare, or 70% of Social Security for one year.

I have no way of knowing how much of that is federally insured, privately insured, or uninsured. Just pointing out how huge of a number that is.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Whoa, check this out!

Freedom Caucus chair: Disaster funding doesn't need budget offsets

That's right, the Freedom Caucus has the opportunity to politicize the hurricane and blatantly refuses to do so, acting instead like decent human beings. Good on them.
    I can't believe they actually came out and said something like that - it's almost, well, decent of them.