Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Haha, I knew it! I predicted exactly this!

I have quotable posts and everything. About Illidan killing Xe'ra. About her trying to convert him by force.

I still very much approve though. I'm one of those few that would have actually loved to see a Light Illidan, but I did note that Blizzard hasn't been white-washing Illidan at all. He's still the same old dick that's not set any foot towards redemption, despite Xe'ra's words.

So, this development fits a lot. And is a very nice twist. I'm sure some people will be sour on it somehow, just as they were when they thought Illidan was actually going to be Light. But it's certainly the kind of misdirection that's got my approval.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-08-29 at 05:46 PM.

What's the difference between being imposed the light upon your body and being imposed the void into your being? Both are corruption put on your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

So then, maybe the light isn't so pure and righteous after all?
    I knew that fucking chosen one bull-shit was bull-shit.

Thought it makes me wonder, just what exactly was the point of Xe'ra if she just dies?

I can only assume that Illidan stands outside the light with a reason, and I feel that reason is more than personal philosophy and "freedom".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    So.. Void can corrupt being, but not its opposite, the light?

Light can corrupt everything as much as void.
    voids nature is to expand, consume, and drive insane, it is corruptive.
    when you stand next to a void source, or engage a void being, it will try to take over you, it will try to drive you insane, it will try to push itself onto you and devour you.

light does not do that, any of it, it doesnt bless you with its magic unless you let it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of explains why she's not in sync with A'dal and the other naaru, I guess - she's on some rogue mission of her own.

Deleted
    A nice touch, the background ambience of the clip has the "naaru windchime sound" starting to play as Xe'ra is forcing herself upon Illidan. In TBC whenever A'dal did his same windchime noises in quest text it was described as "invading your mind".

Now which other beings invade minds in an attempt to subvert or control?

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    What's the difference between being imposed the light upon your body and being imposed the void into your being? Both are corruption put on your body.
    Technically all magic can corrupt except for death and life magic, really. We've seen examples of void, light, fel and arcane corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    voids nature is to expand, consume, and drive insane, it is corruptive.
    when you stand next to a void source, or engage a void being, it will try to take over you, it will try to drive you insane, it will try to push itself onto you and devour you.

light does not do that, any of it, it doesnt bless you with its magic unless you let it.
    Illidan wasn't letting it and Xe'ra still tried.

Same with the Light Dreadlord I bet, and all those lightforged Eredar.

The light might not be trying to drive you insane but it sure as hell wants to control you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The video pretty much contradicts what you just wrote.

Yeah, I want an expansion fighting the army of the light and their crazed masters.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    A nice touch, the background ambience of the clip has the "naaru windchime sound" starting to play as Xe'ra is forcing herself upon Illidan. In TBC whenever A'dal did his same windchime noises in quest text it was described as "invading your mind".

Now which other beings invade minds in an attempt to subvert or control?
    What if the Naaru from TBC were the "outland old gods" that were destroyed, presumably by the Legion or Illidan? It would explain to me the Naaru's anti-legion motivation while also explaining why A'dal wanted Illidan put down, thus actually giving us some fucking lore closure about that giant plot-hole.

What is with everyone getting disenchanted this expansion?
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Isn't it? Look at Turalyon's eyes. Xe'ra's presence turned them gold. Just like fel turned the eyes of the Sin'dorei green.
    turalyon is a paladin, and was a priest, he let himself get infused with light.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Technically all magic can corrupt except for death and life magic, really. We've seen examples of void, light, fel and arcane corruption.
    Death and life magic can definitely corrupt as well (look at DKs, or the scourge, as well as those plant slaves in draenor), they have just yet to be explored on a cosmological scale in the way that the other dimensions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Maybe it's Blizzard's way of saying "perma-death" so there's 0 chance of return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Death and life magic can definitely corrupt as well (look at DKs, or the scourge, as well as those plant slaves in draenor), they have just yet to be explored on a cosmological scale in the way that the other dimensions are.
    Ohh right, I almost forgot about Draenor's life magic fiasco. So you're right, we have examples of all magic being able to corrupt in some form or another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    All that Naaru dust will fill the plothole of everyone having an Ashbringer. We can forge Ashbringers for days!

And thus, Illidan went from being the biggest shithead of Legion, to the most badass guy in the expansion.

Thank you, Blizzard.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That was one awesome moment, fucking hell.

All that Naaru dust will fill the plothole of everyone having an Ashbringer. We can forge Ashbringers for days!
    That's not really a plot hole. Other PC's aren't canon. Shit I'm not even sure if the PC is even canon at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    And thus, Illidan went from being the biggest shithead of Legion, to the most badass guy in the expansion.

Thank you, Blizzard.
    He's still a shit head, but atleast he's a shit head that grew a brain.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn windchime had it coming. I hope the shadow priest dagger comments on this scene somehow.
    Unfortunately it does not. Which is strange because she remarked sarcastically about another event prior to this.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.