Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As I said before, Xe'ra thought she acted based on a prophecy and that Illidan becoming pure light WAS to pass and that SHE was the one to do it.
    So she forced it because she believed it was mandatory and that the prophecy would be wherever Illidan accepted it or not. Except she wasn't the one who was supposed to do it, and it was too soon.

There is yet hope for Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also as others pointed out, notice how turalyon's eyes turned from gold to brown as xera died?
    People have started to theorize (me included) that she had done the same to tur, and many others, and as the Op put it "put her mark on her pets"
    Don't think so , The Light fades in Turalyon's eyes and he still goes mad at Illidan for killing Xe'ra

It's pure fanaticism

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Legion is the end of illidans story. Its a good end

The future is Anduin becoming the Hero he needs to be.
    It is not. Like Bolvar, he will come back. There is unresolved matter about him and Tyrande for example. He's bound to come back. ( if we ignore the fact that the DH achivement for getting Azzinoth transmog is named " I'll Hold these for you until you get out "

Uuuh.. it's cool and all but, reading the past few pages on this thread, I think you all forgot something major? I have no idea if it is or not, but here it goes..

In Nobbel's video titled 'The Story of 'Illidan' by William King [Lore]'(can't post links yet, just made this account moments ago), watch like 3 or 4 min starting 20:43.

It basically tells him that he has a greater enemy than the Legion, obviously meaning The Void, and in his vision where he sees the being of light and when he realizes that it's actually himself, he's actually killing some void infused stuff or something.. doesnt matter, the point is, he's battling the void while he is infused with the light, not the Legion. ( I know there are some mentions of demons throughout the talk, but still. )

So all of this, including the cinematic, can mean that this is just the start to something bigger? I don't know, but in the end, it doesn't seem like this is where the 'light' Illidan thing ends, that's for sure. His story sure as hell doesn't stop where he imprisons Sargeras.

I don't know, that's just something that came to me.. tell me your thoughts on this, I could be 100 percent off xD Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yeah that's my big issue with legion. It isn't an Illidan redemption story. It's a 'illidan was was right all along and can do no wrong' story. He wasn't crazy in bc he was gonna blow up argus and end the legion before all those short sighted fools got in his way! His way is the only way that works!
    Well his way kind of is.

If not for illidan we wouldnt be on Argus. We wpuld just twiddle our thunbs while Sargeras converts everylast titan to his dark will unbeknownst to us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    Don't think so , The Light fades in Turalyon's eyes and he still goes mad at Illidan for killing Xe'ra

It's pure fanaticism
    Or you know, simply he has been too long under her spell?
    it obviously has something to do with her death, what it means, we dont know yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Velen says that he did not expect this of Xe'ra. These Naaru aren't all that trustworthy, and I think Xe'ra wont' be the last of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenway313 View Post
    Uuuh.. it's cool and all but, reading the past few pages on this thread, I think you all forgot something major? I have no idea if it is or not, but here it goes..

In Nobbel's video titled 'The Story of 'Illidan' by William King [Lore]'(can't post links yet, just made this account moments ago), watch like 3 or 4 min starting 20:43.

It basically tells him that he has a greater enemy than the Legion, obviously meaning The Void, and in his vision where he sees the being of light and when he realizes that it's actually himself, he's actually killing some void infused stuff or something.. doesnt matter, the point is, he's battling the void while he is infused with the light, not the Legion. ( I know there are some mentions of demons throughout the talk, but still. )

So all of this, including the cinematic, can mean that this is just the start to something bigger? I don't know, but in the end, it doesn't seem like this is where the 'light' Illidan thing ends, that's for sure. His story sure as hell doesn't stop where he imprisons Sargeras.

I don't know, that's just something that came to me.. tell me your thoughts on this, I could be 100 percent off xD Peace
    Legion is 100% the end of his story.

Illidans story is done. Hes not ruled by fate or prophecy.

Deleted
    You can do something for the greater good and still have it be wrong, ALOT of what illidan did was wrong, but it was for the greater good.

yes what she did was good, but what she did is 100% UNDENIABLY WRONG and coming from the holy light, that is where the problem comes in.?
    Do you realise how contradictory your argument is? Illidan wanted to save the world (the greater good) so he did a lot of morally questionable things. Xe'ra too, wants to save the world (the greater good), so she did a morally questionable thing.

There is absolutely no difference here whatsoever.

This was the most cliched boring cinematic I think they have ever produced besides the one at the start of WoD with all the Warlords standing on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I don't think so. In the novel he didn't feel like it was what he should become.
    Kerrigan didnt feel like she should become god after killing billions either.

I disagree with you. Too much shadow unresolved around him. Why the golden eyes? Why is he " the son of Light and shadow " ? what about him and Tyrande?
    Until those plots about him are not resolved, it's not the end of his story. Lorewise > unresolved matter = still room for character development. He WILL come back. Mark those words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    Exactly! Which is the direction Blizzard are going for in their lore writing clearly. But people seem to be very stuck in the dualistic tropes we've been accustomed to.
    Well, yes. Of course. The NPCs may go on and on about personal choice and freedom of will and such, but we, the players, are locked onto a singular path. I would rather not have Illidan give me orders because I don't agree with his methods but I don't have the option to tell him to fluff off.

Maybe it is, maybe it's not? Do you have any proofs of it, or some theories, dunno? Not being a jerk, Im just interested

If Blizzard want Illidan's or Sargeras' story to end, they'd have made Illidan to sacrifice his life to imprison / destroy Sargeras. Assuming the imprisoning ending with Illidan only acting as the jailor still remain unchanged and will go as predicted, Blizzard definitely left room for their stories to continue sometimes later if they need to.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    It is not. Like Bolvar, he will come back. There is unresolved matter about him and Tyrande for example. He's bound to come back. ( if we ignore the fact that the DH achivement for getting Azzinoth transmog is named " I'll Hold these for you until you get out "
    Hmoh you mean out of the nether when he died in TBC Yeah hes out now

Tyrande story is not a reason to bring him back. Hes done

His place is jailor making sure the sacrifixe of the entire Pantheon to seal Sargeras isnt in vain

Also please when all this class hall stuff is gone. I doubt you hear from Bolvar EVER again. Count on it

15+ Year Old Account
    i thought xera was some super powerful being, how did illidan just destroy it with eye beams?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i thought xera was some super powerful being, how did illidan just destroy it with eye beams?
    Illidan is also a super powerful being, that's how? (and Xe'ra couldn't have been caught off guard / weakened / insert-reason-here)
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Also as others pointed out, notice how turalyon's eyes turned from gold to brown as xera died?
    People have started to theorize (me included) that she had done the same to tur, and many others, and as the Op put it "put her mark on her pets"
    Maybe, but I don't know if I would agree. Seems more like his body is reacting to the fact that there is a being of pure holy energy right next to him. Wouldn't other people like Alleria share those marks, or did I just miss them? Seems more like an involuntary reaction. Also, if you talk to Khadgar and Aethas in the Vindicaar (both whom are mages attuned to arcane magics) they mention having a hard time staying focused because of the sheer amount of fel, which iirc, mages tend to be rather susceptible to fel and its influence.