Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Illidan's attack was a complete surprise and killed Xe'ra very fast. There wasn't much time for Turalyon to react.
    Okay maybe not when he used his juiced up eyebeam but surely when he started struggling, if they were indeed "corrupted" they'd surely attempt to assist in subduing Illidan so that Xe'ra could successfully infuse him.

I like how Velen just stand back and says "Well, that just happened..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    His literal eye color changes, it is not a reflection, if you look at the video even after she has died he still has the golden eyes, but it sorta like goes away, one sec.

and she has allready been dead for a good second
    Hmmm, difficult to say. There seems to be a further illumination on his face that also fades away as the glow in his eyes does - and Illidan also drops a good second after she has been otherwise obliterated. I can see it both ways, really.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    It could simply be a cinematic effect to show tragedy or it could be a personal reflection of Turalyon showing a loss of hope or faith. It could be that it took a second for the holy energies took a second to drain from his body, similar to water leaving a container.

Doesn't matter if Alleria never personally followed her, she was part of the Army of the Light and from everything we can tell the Army of the Light is under the command of the Naaru, which would subject Alleria to her. What about Lothraxion? His entire body has been purified by the light and exudes light, surely that would change at the loss of Xera? Unless there's another mark on him that we can't see.

I'm sorry, that just seems like such a massive conclusion to reach because someone had their eyes change color in a cutscene.
    Well xera literally just tried to enslave illidan, and we see someones eye drain of gold once the thing dies, it is not a "massive conclusion" it is the first assumption most people would make, have you not seen cinema?

The villian dies then all of a sudden the heros lover's eyes change color, then it is a happy ending cause it turns out the women was brain washed and was not meaning to try and kill the hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurbon View Post
    The Scarlet Crusade, for example, is a tiny splinter fraction compared to the Church of Light. And yes, maybe the Light will lend power to those seeking to do harm, but it's not unusual for a divine champion of sorts, led by a light-given vision, to come and stop them at some point.
    All that requires for the light to help you is that you believe in it, wholeheartedly with conviction. What matters is that you believe what you are doing is right. Xe'ra thinks that what she is doing is right, so it's good. The Scarlet Crusade thought that what they were doing was good, so it's good.

The way the light works is through conviction, not through objective moral barometers.

I see Illidan refuses to make a sacrifice when the time comes for it, but he has no problem sacrificing others for his personal power.

Xe'ra's a cunt and I'm glad she's dead, but Illidan is also a piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Rewatching the cutscene I think I briefly saw Turalyon's eye colour as brown originally, turning gold as Xe'ra resurrected and then fading upon her death.

It's possible he was still in the process of being corrupted, which is why his eyes went back to normal after her death.

Hey guys I know this is stupid but let me know what you think: The good essence of Sargeras is trapped inside Illidan, along with with Illidan.

This is really stupid, but it is stated that Illidan will be the jailer of Sargeras. What if it is in body? This wouldn't be the first possession of a mortal by Sargeras, but Illidan may be strong enough to resist the urge. Also, Illidan says "Only we can save ourselves". What if Sargeras is speaking through Illidan and regerring to the titans, where he is trying to redeem himself by slaying the dark version of Sargeras trying to take over the pantheon.

7+ Year Old Account
    As much i hate just about everything in Legion i have to say that was really cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Hmmm, difficult to say. There seems to be a further illumination on his face that also fades away as the glow in his eyes does - and Illidan also drops a good second after she has been otherwise obliterated. I can see it both ways, really.
    Thing is his eyes are his eyes glow as he first sees her, again with the same "slowly gaining" thing.
    then when he turns to face illidan
    looking down and away

still gold

Unlike when he first set gaze on her, and lost gaze of her as she had died, his eyes are still gold, even as he just opened them after having had them closed
    then they start draining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Rewatching the cutscene I think I briefly saw Turalyon's eye colour as brown originally, turning gold as Xe'ra resurrected and then fading upon her death.

It's possible he was still in the process of being corrupted, which is why his eyes went back to normal after her death.
    Or it is a thing that only shows in her pressence, because yes, he starts brown but once she forms, his eyes fade to gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    I like how Velen just stand back and says "Well, that just happened..."
    Well he also should now be confused that a Naruu is trying to force the light upon Illidan the way Sargeras was trying to force the fel upon him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I see Illidan refuses to make a sacrifice when the time comes for it, but he has no problem sacrificing others for his personal power.

Xe'ra's a cunt and I'm glad she's dead, but Illidan is also a piece of shit.
    Because as he said before, dont trust the light, it wants ONE PERSON well illidan has for awhile now been trying to raise an army, having seen long ago that one alone could not stop the legion, him having learnt that back in BC and before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    All that requires for the light to help you is that you believe in it, wholeheartedly with conviction. What matters is that you believe what you are doing is right. Xe'ra thinks that what she is doing is right, so it's good. The Scarlet Crusade thought that what they were doing was good, so it's good.

The way the light works is through conviction, not through objective moral barometers.
    Wouldn't we see demons use more light magic then? Some of them seem pretty convinced they're doing the right thing. Void magic, on the other hand, is relatively common with them.

Do you think a being concerned with a coscmic wide conflict against the void has time to deal with some leaf in the wind like Illidan (in her view, perhaps) and his consent?

I personally don't agree with what she did by the way. I just wish people would understand another perspective in the grand scheme of things.
    As you can see, she should have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you think a being concerned with a coscmic wide conflict against the void has time to deal with some leaf in the wind like Illidan (in her view, perhaps) and his consent?

I personally don't agree with what she did by the way. I just wish people would understand another perspective in the grand scheme of things.
    Just because you see something as good, does not mean it is not wrong, stop trying to say that.
    yes we can see her perspective, we are all older then 4 years old here, but it does not make it any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hmm. Are there any cutscenes of Rakeesh being corrupted by the Legion? They might be trying to draw parallels between what happened to him and what Xe'ra tried to do to Illidan to explain Velen doubting the Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, is this what she did to Lothraxion Hmmmm.

Deleted
    Dear God I wish people would stop going on about the eye colour.

It's lighting. Nothing else. Xe'ra is a giant floating glass light bulb. When she dies, she stops shining.

Seriously go put a torch up to someone's face who has brown eyes. Same shit happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Just because you see something as good, does not mean it is not wrong, stop trying to say that.
    yes we can see her perspective, we are all older then 4 years old here, but it does not make it any better.
    Could be some folks are frustrated with the hypocrisy inherent to Illidan. Flaws are fine, but if they never get called out in a meaningful way, they might as well not exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurbon View Post
    Wouldn't we see demons use more light magic then? Some of them seem pretty convinced they're doing the right thing. Void magic, on the other hand, is relatively common with them.
    Can't use something you don't know exists. I really doubt the average Demon knows about the light. Even if they did, they probably felt "earning" power would take far too long than simply "taking" it like what other magic sources provide (like fel or void).