Mage tower skin variants and 7.3

When 7.3 dropped I assumed I would have every color variant for frost an blood since I got all the skins for unholy.

Challenge Appearances – You are no longer required to be using your current specialization’s Challenge Artifact Appearance to gain progress towards unlocking its 3 color variants. You can now gain progress towards unlocking the 3 color variants of your Artifact’s Challenge Appearances set while you are in any spec and using any Artifact appearance, as long as you have unlocked the base challenge appearance for a given spec.

DO I have to re do the 3 to get the other skins or is it a bug?
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2017-08-30 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    Wondering this myself!

From the way I see it you no longer have to "equip" the base variant for unlocking them, you still need to do the rubbish with each weapon seperately..which is probably why I will never have more than one of the PvP skins, because I just can't bring myself to do that cancer content.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    When 7.3 dropped I assumed I would have every color variant for frost an blood since I got all the skins for unholy.

Challenge Appearances – You are no longer required to be using your current specialization’s Challenge Artifact Appearance to gain progress towards unlocking its 3 color variants. You can now gain progress towards unlocking the 3 color variants of your Artifact’s Challenge Appearances set while you are in any spec and using any Artifact appearance, as long as you have unlocked the base challenge appearance for a given spec.

DO I have to re do the 3 to get the other skins or is it a bug?
    I don't think it's retroactive, meaning if you hadn't done it yet on that specific spec, you need to go do it "again"