Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ahaahha Illidan taking a piss on everyone who messes with him

Love seeing some of that shit back in Warcraft, it's been sorely missed since Warcraft 3. Jaina had a nice bout in pandaland, the only good part about that expansion (and didn't even need it to happen, but i digress).

Too bad he's still a shit character.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    more interesting than a chandelier with a monotone voice.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    more interesting than a chandelier with a monotone voice.
    Which isn't saying much nor does it change that Illidan has always been a poorly written character and Legion has done nothing but compound that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Pshh. He's only a "shit" character because he isnt the likeable one.

He's story is great. And before you complaint about blizzards writing please link me your story's that are so succesful. Oh wait...

Illidan just calls people out on there shit and it's great. He's narcissistic, prideful and does what has to be done.

Pure anti-hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    He's story is great. And before you complaint about blizzards writing please link me your story's that are so succesful. Oh wait...
    One doesn't need to be a good story writer to know what a good story is.

Illidan just calls people out on there shit and it's great. He's narcissistic, prideful and does what has to be done.

Pure anti-hero.
    Pure anti-hero would be someone like the Punisher.

Illidan is like the Punishers wannabe furry-con cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yea, but the way some of you talk you would think you are professional literature critics.

Just because something does not suite your tastes does not make it a ''bad story''. A lot of you need to learn this.
    Just because a character suites -your- tastes doesn't make him a good character, either.

Illidan had quite a few good one-liners. I'm happy with the cinematic. He's pretty close to being a bad-ass again. I can dig it.

Deleted
    Always good to see the old illidan, the whole light/naaru thing just seems really lame to me. If I wanted to be a shiny homo I would have rolled paladin.

Everyone in this thread needs to stop acting so superior and allow others to have an opinion without challenging other members to an Iamverysmart-off.

Illidan is average, he's cool, but not well written, even in WC3 he wasn't well written. He was still fun to watch though and a lot of people were intrigued by his story, which means he's popular. So deal with it. You can love or hate him, but at the end of the day 0 people care.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yea, but the way some of you talk you would think you are professional literature critics.

Just because something does not suite your tastes does not make it a ''bad story''. A lot of you need to learn this.
    No, it being bad makes it bad.

Deleted
    Damn I thought he will turn into Holy Demon Hunter and DH class will get a healing spec lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Illidan was gread in Warcraft 3 - a very conflicted character. In Burning Legion he was a mess, did nothing at all and died for nothing at all really. Compared to most other, he still is one of the better characters of Blizzard though.

Now in Legion the writing is not always consistent. Some parts are really good, some are a mess. I did not really get why he was suddenly alive and well after the Gul'dan encounter. Sargeras just tried to enter his body. But how did his soul enter that body?

Still, the Xe'ra video is great and among the best cinematics yet. "I am my scars" is one of the best lines in WoW history and completely in line with Illidans story.
    For once, great writing.
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mectrid View Post
    Illidan is average, he's cool, but not well written, even in WC3 he wasn't well written. He was still fun to watch though and a lot of people were intrigued by his story, which means he's popular. So deal with it. You can love or hate him, but at the end of the day 0 people care.
    I'd argue that for the most part Illidan absolutely was a well written character, with nuance and depth. He's not perfect by any means, he lacks a lot of minor details that elevate characters and he lacks an arc (though he absolutely could of gotten one if they wanted to) but, frankly he meets most of the criteria.

To be clear I believe a well written character should have depth and nuance while being both evocative and relatable.

Deleted
    Illidan is great, I am just upset there isn't any interaction between him, Malfurion and Tyrande.

Pure anti-hero.
    if anything legion is ensuring that we see illidan as he is - as moron who makes stupid decisions just to stroke his tiny ego - the act that he brought argus to us and this last video of xera is perfect proof of it. - ye lets deny the ultra super duper power that could help everybody just for sake of it because he throws a tantrum and wnts to get stuff done his way that could doom everybody - that a 5 year old behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more interested why he was forced to accept the light than how he reacted. I hope there is some deeper and more interesting story about the naaru. It's the first time we see them being aggressive in such way (besides when they are in shadow form).
    As someone mentioned the light in Turalyon's eyes looses its glow the same way as the orcs did when Mannoroth was slain.

Update: Before the scene, where Xe'ra is on the ground still dissembled, i used my DH vision and surprise- she was red. I suppose Illidan did see something in her that noone else could.

Last edited by Mitak; 2017-08-31 at 07:16 AM.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Illidans entire storyline in legion thus far seems extremely poorly written, especially the child of destiny nonsense (I guess however they needed some plot device to bring him back...). So i'm glad they went against it and the cinematic was pretty cool.

That said, it doesn't at all surprise me that only someone like Illidan can get away with killing a Naaru.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Fearodh View Post
    I did not really get why he was suddenly alive and well after the Gul'dan encounter. Sargeras just tried to enter his body. But how did his soul enter that body?
    "Khadgar says: Time to return the demon hunter's soul to his body, and deny the Legion's master a host."

We had an 8 week quest where we recovered the pieces of Illidan's shattered soul, and gave it to Khadgar for safekeeping.