Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Also : https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/822600241048383488

"nope! it will be in your mount journal, but will act like flight form (e.g. instant cast)"

Would gladly have it with a cast time working like a Vial of Sands, being an actual mount for the journal especially after we were informed it would at first
    Last edited by Emmique; 2017-08-30 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmique View Post
    [IMG]i.imgur.com/FGplRbv.jpg[/IMG]

Also : https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/822600241048383488

"nope! it will be in your mount journal, but will act like flight form (e.g. instant cast)"

Would gladly have it with a cast time working like a Vial of Sands, being an actual mount for the journal especially after we were informed it would at first
    So Blizzard Lied... what a surprise.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The class mount for the Druid is the flight form. Since we can't fly on Argus, we can't use it now. Yay. We just got it, and it's already unusable.
    Use one of the other 400+ mounts available to you ? Travel form is also just as fast as grounds mounts anw if you want to look at that owl so much just fly around Broken Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    The class mount for the Druid is the flight form. Since we can't fly on Argus, we can't use it now.
    Use stag form. That's a class mount too.

Deleted
    You still have a no-cast mount. Next!

Just take a break from the game until they completely remove all flight restrictions

Since we can't fly on Argus, we can't use it now.
    On Argus, this is true and fine.

Yay. We just got it, and it's already unusable.
    This is false and you now it. We can still use it else where which is fine.

Stop complaining because a feature is disabled. Personally, I want them to disable flying all together. Yes, it adds a quick way to get around, but you are missing out on what the designers put into the game.

If all you care about is flying, WoW is not the game for you. Please find a different game that fits your desire to fly.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    I main a feral cat, and I don't really like the new flight form class mount but I agree that us not being able to see and experience it after basically JUST getting is a little stupid on Blizzard's part, which leads into the whole flight restriction thing: why? Haven't they learned by now? We hate not being able to fly. They ended up adding it in WoD, and then in Legion, and they did it because people complained so much.

It is poor game design to grant abilities and powers to a character in an RPG and then just arbitrarily rule that they don't work for no actual in-game justifiable reason. Is the gravity too high on Argus? Is the gravity too high on the Broken Isles? Was it too high on Draenor? There was no in-game reason to disallow flying other than to slow people down. We have enough gates and locked content to have to wait to experience and I think making flying part of that is ridiculous.

We are limited on currency accumulation. We are limited on the amount of dailies we can do. We are limited on the amount of WQ's and World Bosses we can complete in a week. It's just heinous to throw in a limit to our mobility on top of all those other locked doors...And because of that, we get to spend time struggling trying to find our way up a roundabout ramp to a chest only to have "You can't loot that right now" at the end of our opening cast bar and see the chest DISAPPEAR after all that shit.

It's infuriating.
    You say arbitrary reasons. We literally watch what happens to flying things in the opening video for 7.3. They get shot down. To think there's no legion fel based SAM batteries on ARGUS of all places is insane. Just deal with it. Being on the ground on argus is fine.

As far as druids not being able to ACTUALLY use the form itself that's kinda bogus. I have agreed since the get-go it needed to be a mount and not just a form. It's pretty bogus that it's not a mount like the rest of the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Look how long druids got screwed in WOD with flight form... then look again how long they got screwed in Legion with flight form... this is just a continuation of the screwing.
    i'm sure if blizzard had the foresight back in TBC that flying was going to be such an issue, they might've gone in a different direction with flight form.

which yea sure, they maybe should've done with the class mount.

is it fair that only druids cannot use their class mount && flight form when flight is restricted? not really
    is it fair that only druids get instant flight? not really
    is it fair that only druids get a 2 person mount as a class mount? not really
    is it fair that only druids can gather without dismounting? not really (although i'm hazy on this, druids definitely got a better deal during previous expansions) edit: this has changed. but druids still got a better deal throughout previous expansions.

pro's and con's, swings and roundabouts.

this sort of stuff would've been discussed at length at blizz HQ before it was implemented. it's doubtful it'll change.

yes, in flight restricted areas, you get the shitty end of the stick. but the other end of the stick is pointy and in non-restricted flight areas, such as the rest of the entire game, you get to poke other classes with the pointy end. that's called balance.
    Last edited by smokii; 2017-08-30 at 01:37 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

*Laughs in Shaman*

On topic, yeah the Druid mount gotta be one of my least favorites looking-wise, but it does have a great utility for being the only instant 2 person fly mount.

Now, they should easily make a side quest for a new ground travel form, or simply allow people to use fly form on the ground (silly) like they allow in some other zones ( like in the shaman class hall for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taukra Goundin View Post
    This is false and you now it.

I am very interested to see a screen shot of all the classes on their class mounts in Argus... can you provide? Start with the druid one, please. Maybe if you want them to disable flying all together then Wow isn't the game for you...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I can still ride my Hearthsteed aka best mount
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

So you're complaining about 1 area that's current content? That has flying restrictions in because how the area was built requires to keep the game and play infliction to a minimum?

Talk about entitled... You won't be spending all your time in Argus alone. And sorry, you managed virtually 2/3's of the expansion without flying that had current content, not sure what the upheaval is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i'm sure if blizzard had the foresight back in TBC that flying was going to be such an issue, they might've gone in a different direction with flight form.

which yea sure, they maybe should've done with the class mount.

is it fair that only druids cannot use their class mount && flight form when flight is restricted? not really
    is it fair that only druids get instant flight? not really
    is it fair that only druids get a 2 person mount as a class mount? not really
    is it fair that only druids can gather without dismounting? not really (although i'm hazy on this, druids definitely got a better deal during previous expansions)

pro's and con's, swings and roundabouts.

this sort of stuff would've been discussed at length at blizz HQ before it was implemented. it's doubtful it'll change.

yes, in flight restricted areas, you get the shitty end of the stick. but the other end of the stick is pointy and in non-restricted flight areas, such as the rest of the entire game, you get to poke other classes with the pointy end. that's called balance.
    anyone can use the sky golem and gather w/o dismounting in fact, I think its all the mech form mounts can. The easy solution is disable class mounts in Argus... because folks are using the trope 'use one of the other mounts'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Yeah, right...

cause there's no reason/incentive to ever go back to the broken isles again.
    Well there really isn't. They've gimped all of the Broken Isles content in favour of Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    So you're complaining about 1 area that's current content? That has flying restrictions in because how the area was built requires to keep the game and play infliction to a minimum?

Talk about entitled... You won't be spending all your time in Argus alone. And sorry, you managed virtually 2/3's of the expansion without flying that had current content, not sure what the upheaval is.
    Tell you what, lets just remove all class mount from the game, yes, yes, I know we just got them, but we managed nearly all of the expansion so far without them, so lets just remove them altogether.

Deleted
    They can use it. But not in flying restriction zone. like ever before. No big deal

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I disagree. When class mounts were being discussed, the Druid community voiced pretty loudly about making it an actual mount in the mount tab, similar to how players can turn into Nightwing and Vial of Sands. It was for this very reason that it was wanted. And yes, I get there are other zones, but that shouldn't be a reason for why Druids are restricted when it cones to a class mount, when every other class got the option to use theirs in flying and non-flying zones.

Trust me. Druids are still fighting to have this done on the forums.
    I can't blame them, they got the worst deal of all the classes when it comes to class mounts. No +1 to their mount count, the new travel form overwrites any glyphs you have and they can't use it in no-flight zones. Just completely ruins any reason to obtain the damn thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    People keep calling it a mount - as a mount collector, I would have 0 issues if it was a mount, but it is not.
    If you log on a druid you will not find it in your journal, nor will it add anything towards your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    is it fair that only druids can gather without dismounting? not really (although i'm hazy on this, druids definitely got a better deal during previous expansions)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=136708/demonsteel-stirrups
    Anyone can gather without dismounting, they're cheap as to make, you can also notably mine while mounted with those when druids are only herbs

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The easy solution is disable class mounts in Argus... because folks are using the trope 'use one of the other mounts'.
    the easy solution is to not be a whiney little bitch and accept the design decisions of the game devs. or protest with your wallet by cancelling your sub and citing the reason as "unable to use flight form in flight restricted area" and see how far that gets you.

personally, i use the favourite mounts function, as i really don't have that much of a rager for any specific mount, it was more the process of actually having a class mount questline. i found that more rewarding than the mount itself.
    <insert witty signature here>