Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

The CASUALties of 7.3 -- Free loot for everyone

Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Well, we just did a Mythic+0 and a guy got the Chrono Shard titanforged to 930. Great, isn't it?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Meh, is just item level bro. It means nothing.

Have fun killing higher difficulty bosses with your friends and us lonewolf casuals can have meaningless pretty numbers on the character.

Mythic raids are really only useful during the race. That is when the prestige kicks in to finish before other people. The ilevel of gear and the looks has meant nothing since the TF system was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    You seem to forget that the majority of players don't even do mythic dungeons or raid. So no, not everyone is getting loot for free.

Deleted
    Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population that run Mythic+ dungeons since you only needed to complete a +10.
    Fixed that for you.

And I feel fine about it.

Every time I get a titanforged item from a WQ I laugh knowing somewhere it has subconsciously triggered some neckbeard like you

Go ahead and give us your best bluster about how sooner or later the casuals will be the only ones left as you continue to open your wallet every month using one of the many tired excuses to justify why you keep paying for a game you claim is going down the drain

Infracted
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-11-08 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Haha infracted? Yo Darth suck my dick dawg

You realize- nothing you've done in this entire expansion will mean a god damn thing halfway through the leveling process of the next expansion, right?

Mythic Raiding, Pushing Higher and Higher Mythic+ Content, Competitive PvP (lol) doesn't mean anything at all if it's not something you enjoy doing for the sake of doing it.

Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.
    ?
    The only way "vast majority" and "mythic +10" belong in the same sentence is if you include a "will never even attempt, let alone complete a" between them.

How does someone else getting gear affect you directly? As a Mythic raider I can honestly say I could give 2 shits less what anyone outside of our guild is getting loot wise or how they are getting it(And can say that no one in our guild does either).

I see people complaining about "casuals" on a reg basis, The "casuals" paying $15 a month is what helps make it possible to have new Mythic raid content for those of us that do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Every time I get a titanforged item from a WQ I laugh knowing somewhere it has subconsciously triggered some neckbeard like you
    ^^ /Thread.. and I do run Mythic + and Mythic Raids.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    You realize- nothing you've done in this entire expansion will mean a god damn thing halfway through the leveling process of the next expansion, right?

Mythic Raiding, Pushing Higher and Higher Mythic+ Content, Competitive PvP (lol) doesn't mean anything at all if it's not something you enjoy doing for the sake of doing it.
    that's why wow is pretty much pointless at this point. When you can jump in and out of progression whenever you feel like it the journey becomes meaningless.

7+ Year Old Account

No cause not everyone can be "good" or a part of a clique or a bff club to join a mythic raid this is why blizzard has stuff us casuals can get geared just as equal as you hardcore players do so its fairly balanced.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It doesn't matter. Gear doesn't get you into mythic raids, or even heroic raids. An idiot in 935 is still an idiot.

I don't get why people get so up in arms about "muh gears". It really doesn't matter, especially ever since Titanforging became a thing. Those casuals are already getting gear equal to your "hard work" as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    that's why wow is pretty much pointless at this point. When you can jump in and out of progression whenever you feel like it the journey becomes meaningless.
    I think you completely missed his point lol. Other people having gear doesn't affect your own progression... His point was that the progression itself is what makes a mythic raider different from the more "casual" crowd, not the gear itself. Why do you care if other people doing other content have similar gear?

7+ Year Old Account
    Another thread? OP are you on like a warpath or something? Damn dude.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You could give a casual-nubcake full 955 gear: They will still pull less dps than a healer - Gear doesn't mean shit to at least 90% of the game: Shit players are shit players

And that is once per week, so if you dont count weapons, relics and duplicate items you will need 15 weeks to get all 935 gear in every slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    lol.... its just a game, it really is pointless, as are many pass times

Deleted
    Time =/= skill

There is literally no point in giving a shit about 'casuals' getting free gear, 'casuals' by definition will not have the time nor interest to partake in Mythic raiding, or ANY raiding for that matter.

Personally I am a casual now as I have far less time, interest or guild connections to tackle raiding. I do LFR to experience the lore and get quests done, I have never been interested in that end of the game. That's fine.

So who cares if I get the same level of gear as you, I am not taking your achievement away, you are still completing a highly challenging encounter. Surely then it should be skill based and people getting free gear should have no effect on this, which means there should be nothing to worry about.