Poll: WW3

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One thing to bear in mind, though, that China has no territorial demands against the US. Russia, on the other hand, holds land the Chinese consider theirs (it used to belong to China and the Chinese have long memories).

10+ Year Old Account
    if we are talking ww3 wiith no nukes. just a good ol kill or be killled war. i think this is a good list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country

come at us, bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    is the US military that great, I mean have you seen how scary Russians are?
    Well if we are as we are NOW yes we could still take Russia if we are United Russia wouldn't be doing half the bullshit they get away with.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    You do realize having a larger population doesn't mean having a larger or well trained population correct?
    Yes, and that didnt matter when the USSR grinded the warmachine of Nazigermany to a halt and drove them back.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Good luck stopping a country with more than 4 times the population of the USA from winning a non-nuclear war.
    LMAO at thinking that matters near as much in today's modern war with things like drones. The thing that would be scary about a war with China, is more likely the economical warfare that would go on, just as much as military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck stopping a country with more than 4 times the population of the USA from winning a non-nuclear war.
    Haha you have some funny fucking ideas, we train for war every day, and conflict, when we aren't tearing ourselves apart we are playing chess with the rest of the world, because we can.

I am not boasting I am stating a fact, there is no military better trained armed or fucking technically advanced as the U.S is, we for sure have our weaknesses but our strength has always been our unity which is why it's the biggest target for everyone else.

Don't take our performance on the global stage as an indication of weakness. We might be in a lot of trouble on many fronts, but the last thing most of the world wants is a very pissed off U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor McGregor View Post
    if we are talking ww3 wiith no nukes. just a good ol kill or be killled war. i think this is a good list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country

come at us, bro
    Does not matter. If the Russians/Chinese manage to put a meaningful number of troops on US soil it means they already smashed the Navy and the Air Force. According to common wisdom, that is outside the realm of probability.

LOL no you are not further ahead of China, than Nazigermany was ahead of USSR. And China has the largest standing army in the world with 2,3 active troops, 0,9 million active troops more than USA.
    You don't really have a clue about the technological differences between WW2 factions or countries of today do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I don't think that neither Russia nor China are capable of projecting their power to America, in any significant way, and I doubt the US would ever try an invasion of Russia or China.
    Just on this note, I wouldn't rule out China, personally.

They are the second largest economy on the planet. They have inserted themselves via foreign investment into infrastructure, agriculture, electronics as well as other goods all around the world. Outside of the EU they are the USA's biggest trading partner on both imports and exports. These things alone have enabled them to project plenty of power onto American.

Sure they might lose a conventional war but the economic damage that could be done by them is significant and not something that should be under estimated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and that didnt matter when the USSR grinded the warmachine of Nazigermany to a halt and drove them back.
    While you're absolutely correct, you're talking about home advantage in a time when we weren't as technologically advanced including war tech. Assuming no nukes are used, the US is still to my knowledge ahead in terms of military tech, unless I'm mistaken. If it's purely just on the ground combat then yeah I agree with you.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they did get to sit a part of that war about by being friends with the nazis, so...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Going to war with China will end badly for us one way or another. If we win the war through military means, we lose economically.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well they did get to sit a part of that war about by being friends with the nazis, so...
    True and while the USSR was a huge factor in the war in terms of body count, the U.S brought the fire power.

LOL no you are not further ahead of China, than Nazigermany was ahead of USSR. And China has the largest standing army in the world with 2,3 active troops, 0,9 million active troops more than USA.
    So what? Let's have you prove how woefully uninformed on the subject: how will China get to the U.S.? Answer: nowhere near as easily and effortlessly as the U.S. could attack mainland China.

You seem to have some idiotic child like obsession that the man that has the larger army always wins. This has never been the case at any point in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    While you're absolutely correct, you're talking about home advantage in a time when we weren't as technologically advanced including war tech. Assuming no nukes are used, the US is still to my knowledge ahead in terms of military tech, unless I'm mistaken. If it's purely just on the ground combat then yeah I agree with you.
    Not to mention to anyone who wasn't brain dead allied support was crucial to the Russian's surviving. Make no mistake with the death toll they suffered saying they won the war is laughable at best. Germany fighting on two fronts and their own mistake of over extending supply lines during a Russian winter on top of critical material support from allied countries is the only reason the Russian strategy of absorbing as many German bullets with bodies as they could "worked".

The home advantaged helped but it and numbers were nowhere close to enough.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-08-31 at 08:33 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    So what? Let's have you prove how woefully uninformed on the subject: how will China get to the U.S.? Answer: nowhere near as easily and effortlessly as the U.S. could attack mainland China.

You seem to have some idiotic child like obsession that the man that has the larger army always wins. This has never been the case at any point in history.
    Not to mention the strategical ability to strike where we want, when we want how we want. If collateral becomes a zero factor, it wouldn't even be a long war.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nukes: Nobody wins
    Conventional: China and friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    the U.S brought the fire power.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Nukes: Nobody wins
    Conventional: China and friends.
    Haha if we are bringing friend we have the U.K most if not all of the E.U, Canada, Australia, Mexico, South Africa, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Just look at the Russians in WWII and we're relatively speaking much further ahead of China than the Germans were ahead of the Russians. Bodies didn't win that war for them not even close.
    1: It was technically Russia's manpower advantage that won the war for them, they were able to throw more bodies at the enemy than they could throw back while simultaneously throwing more bodies into factories than they could and throw more tanks out of said factories than they could.

2: The USA is not currently as far ahead of China/Russia as Germany was ahead of Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Haha if we are bringing friend we have the U.K most if not all of the E.U, Canada, Australia, Mexico, South Africa, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.
    Well this thread is specifically about a theoretical conflict between the USA and China+friends, but for reference the UK is under no obligation to assist you in a war if you instigate it, and I can practically guarantee that in the post-Iraq climate we wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: It was technically Russia's manpower advantage that won the war for them, they were able to throw more bodies at the enemy than they could throw back while simultaneously throwing more bodies into factories than they could and throw more tanks out of said factories than they could.

2: The USA is not currently as far ahead of China/Russia as Germany was ahead of Russia.
    Eh, you sure whatever it is you are drinking hasn't maybe gone bad, Haha the only technology most everyone else has comes from technology we passed on or reverse engineered from us, or gave away because it was obsolete.

Russia has it's own fucking problems right now, and so does China, and So does the U.S but make no mistake if it comes to a fight, the only thing China and Russia would be proving going against the U.S is that they are ready for their states to end.

There is a reason Putin is afraid of the U.S and plans unilaterally when it comes to other nations, because 1 on 1 they don't stand a chance in war, and as crazy as Putin is he knows we rather not fight, the same with Russia, but if the issue was pushed, Putin would single handedly be the man blamed for the destruction of Russia, Along with the leadership of China.

I mean this whole what if is pretty stupid and silly, because most of what we argue about in the U.S is how we abused or might be over using our leverage on the war, Putin and the Leadership of China would not want to see a U.S that focused and United and we know this.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well this thread is specifically about a theoretical conflict between the USA and China+friends, but for reference the UK is under no obligation to assist you in a war if you instigate it, and I can practically guarantee that in the post-Iraq climate we wouldn't.
    Haha the U.K and the U.S might have our differences but we back each other when it counts, YOU might have no obligation but when it comes down to it our allies run much deeper than any of Russia's they still have hatred from the last time they tried to rule a Union.