Page 1 of 45
... LastLast
    Deleted

Already sick of Argus

Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.

But Blizzard make Argus like a freaking maze. The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time? If they don´t want to give us flying, at least they should make exploring on foot enjoyable and go back to detailed maps.

And I'm getting pretty sick of the dull green/fel worlds. You won't give us flying, but you also did not make questing on Argus bearable. It hurts my eyes to look at the terrain, keep getting lost, in this arbitrary terrain difficulty. The terrain is so poorly done that it's amateur. I've gotten stuck in ridges/craters so many times that my hearthstone has been on cooldown and I've had to use the unstuck feature repeatedly. Rocks and hills clip into each other. Moving very short distances on the map takes an excessively long time because of how inconveniently the zone is laid out.

The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...

The quest text is also nonexistent. Several world quests name strange objectives with no explanation of what they are, some quests fail to mention that they cannot be completed at certain times (ie if a camp has been destroyed), and some quest chains are simply hidden off to the side. I relied heavily on WoWhead to complete Argus.

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-08-31 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Then unsub

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time?
    omg you need to walk! Your life seems really hard.

Maybe WoW just isn't for you anymore?

Deleted
    I do not understand why you are writing to blizzard here?
    Go to their official forum, none of us here works for blizzard.

OT; I don't like it neither.

Deleted
    1.They always leave out flying so that you can enjoy the scenery

2. I have no problem finding a chest which is highligthed on my mini map. Your just bad at finding the egg...

3. Argus is the home of the legion.... They like fel so there homebase is fel.

4. Argus is the home of the legion so its a dangerous place. Its not My little pony land with all the nice poneys and bunny's.

5. Had some small problems with 1 world quest (freaking flying ships) and 1 normal quest (i just had to look for more chest which is easy).

Your just whining about stupid stuff. Just cancel your sub no1 is forcing you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    They are intentionally making maps less detailed so you spend more time in the game.

Deleted
    My only issue is the theme, I guess. The dark and greenish fel areas are starting to bore. It just looks too similar to the Broken Shore. Besides that, it's fine, I guess. And the 3rd zone, that we don't have access to yet, apparently looks a bit different.

You play in wrong game, OP.

They are intentionally making maps less detailed so you spend more time in the game.
    Then unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    My only issue is the theme, I guess. The dark and greenish fel areas are starting to bore. It just looks too similar to the Broken Shore. Besides that, it's fine, I guess. And the 3rd zone, that we don't have access to yet, apparently looks a bit different.
    Well how did you want a world tainted entirely by the Legion to look?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    I do not understand why you are writing to blizzard here?
    Go to their official forum, none of us here works for blizzard.

OT; I don't like it neither.
    Speak for yourself.

I agree with 99.9% of what you ranted about. It is nothing short of devastating to FINALLY go through the twists, turns, chasms and corners and climb up to FINALLY FINALLY get to a chest, and have it despawn in the middle of looting it. "You cannot loot this at this time" It makes me just want to log off and walk away and punch a kitten in the face. It's one thing to take away flying, but it's another thing to make the landscape so damn unbearable and frustrating to navigate that you just would rather go play something else than deal with it, and I'm a freakin DRUID! Mounting up for me is instant and i STILL can't stand this landscape. Removing flying was a hardcore mistake. 7.2 - "Here guys, enjoy using this flying mount as you experience endgame content!" 7.3 - "PSYCH! hahaha F Ya'll! Run around for a half hour trying to get to a chest that despawns.. chests that REQUIRE you to have the mats in it to advance quests we make you do!"

Green and charcoal grey. Green and charcoal grey. Oh look! a Petrified forest! it's........green and charcoal grey.

Oh cool, a chest over across that chasm....Oh, damn there is a split with *drumroll* GREEN lava below me I can't cross...I guess I'll run around for a half hour trying to get to it.......AAAAAND it despawned.

Is this fun??

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with you here. It'll just take you a couple hours of terrain exploring to get used to it.

I've done the full week 1 questline 6 times so far, and almost every time I find a new way to cut and extra minute or two from the quests, find new paths and at the moment im at the point where I can just look at my map once for the WQ I want and could get to it without having to check my map again. Once you get the hang of the map it's easy to see if something is above or below you and to determine which path is the fastest (im glad its not just a straight line). The whole terrain also helps to paint a picture of Argus being a broken world.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    No, really, just unsub. Specially if Im the 3rd person that tells you that only in the last 1-2 hours.

Otherwise - quit whining like a little bitch and deal with it.

You cant do anything else but those 2, pick your poison and in the both ways - shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    No it does not. There are not tar pits and petrified trees all over broken shore, or a huge area where the ground looks like blasted glass.

Legion buildings and shit look the same and why would they not? They are the fucking Legion and those are Legion buildings you realize ya?

And yes, the third sub zone ain't even open yet and it looks nothing like this.

Shit is more like something in the vein of HD extension of outland than anything remotely like broken shore.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-08-31 at 12:52 PM.

How about... you know... you try to explore the world on your own without the map maybe?

Do you want just the solution to everything?

It should be enjoyable to try to explore how to get to the place. Just rushing around everywhere is a part of mobas and fps. Not of mmorpgs. I know wow is heading to that direction, too, but it seems that they want to try to reduce the rushing a bit.

Try to enjoy the content, not rush through it just to log out and complain that there is no content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Well how did you want a world tainted entirely by the Legion to look?
    They could have been creative and made it look different from Broken Shore and the other similar zones we have in Legion. You can create a demon-infested zone and still be creative, you know. They took the easier route.

Deleted
    Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.

But Blizzard make Argus like a freaking maze. The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time? If they don´t want to give us flying, at least they should make exploring on foot enjoyable and go back to detailed maps.

And I'm getting pretty sick of the dull green/fel worlds. You won't give us flying, but you also did not make questing on Argus bearable. It hurts my eyes to look at the terrain, keep getting lost, in this arbitrary terrain difficulty. The terrain is so poorly done that it's amateur. I've gotten stuck in ridges/craters so many times that my hearthstone has been on cooldown and I've had to use the unstuck feature repeatedly. Rocks and hills clip into each other. Moving very short distances on the map takes an excessively long time because of how inconveniently the zone is laid out.

The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...

The quest text is also nonexistent. Several world quests name strange objectives with no explanation of what they are, some quests fail to mention that they cannot be completed at certain times (ie if a camp has been destroyed), and some quest chains are simply hidden off to the side. I relied heavily on WoWhead to complete Argus.

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    Unsub and see you in next expack.

Freeloader. Ill gladly support this game meanwhile, so its nice and fine when you come back again(and again).

My god i hate this playergroup of casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Not only that, he will also have to remember where the paths are! Oh, the horror! Someone help him find the unsub button.

Argus being difficult, full of mobs who actually hurt and hard to navigate is part of the story. This is the center of our arch nemesis, the Legion, so no, there wont be any candy unicorns and nicely planned routes for you to go around on. Everything everywhere is dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    How about... you know... you try to explore the world on your own without the map maybe?

Do you want just the solution to everything?

It should be enjoyable to try to explore how to get to the place. Just rushing around everywhere is a part of mobas and fps. Not of mmorpgs. I know wow is heading to that direction, too, but it seems that they want to try to reduce the rushing a bit.

Try to enjoy the content, not rush through it just to log out and complain that there is no content.
    You cant use logic here!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar