Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    all it really says to me is a player consistently above ~60ish is playing below his potential and could carry his weight in a faster progressing guild, and a player consistently below ~40ish is being carried. everybody consistently between ~40-60 is playing at their ideal skill level.

a 90% player in your guild might be a 40% player in a 8/9 guild.
    Well I'm not sure about that... first of all we would have to consider if we're talking hc or mythic. Because if we're talking about hc, you need to consider the % are based on logs from normal/hc only guilds and even mythic ones, and its obvious that since the mythic ones on average are better equipped, its much easier for these players to get higher %. For instance, my guild average is a bit over 935, when we do HC most of us do get pretty much always over 90, some always over 95% and some are a bit behind, obviously for a 9/9 hc only guild that has an average of 10-8 itemlevel lower, its much harder to get these %.
    If you're talking about mythic, id say that gettin consistently over 70ish is good, but in general i find it hard to judge with just a %. I mean, first 3 bosses mythic now are really easy and its really easy to get very high % most of the time, sister is so random so sometimes you might be good sometimes bad, at host also a lot can happen, and mistress mythic is really shitty you cant really judge % there.

In general if i have to judge a player, if he's full hc and his hc logs are all orange, i think hes definately good and maybe better. If most are orange and some are purppe, he can be good and could have potential. If hes never orange and most times below purple, unlikely to be a good candidate for mythic (yea i know he could have just raided in bad pugs/no guild, and such, but im saying on average).
    In mythic i just judge logs boss by boss and often checking other stuff is even more important (like you check if people actually do mechanics in their kill).
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2017-08-26 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Its not on the DH he always talks about for sure. And even on wcl:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...azzak/lykaboss

He's listed for the same kills hes got on armory. And btw, his score is really SHIT (best score is purple 80% only on first and 3rd boss LMAO) so anyone so bad cant really claim to have killed KJ HC and being top dps with a faki achi like he wrote. Hes clearly a bitter troll.
    Yeah unless he has another DH then hes probably confused with his normal kill, his normal kill has him as 2nd dps and one shot. Or he transfered recently but that wouldnt clear armory kills would it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Because like anything else in these games, people are trained to believe that if you're not at the absolute top then you're the worst person in history. That and they'll all lie about their own rankings, basically anyone you ask will claim to be 95%+.

It's funny because - other than consistently low ranks, as you said - those percentages really don't even matter that much. Hell, the top ones are usually cheesed anyway, and lower ones are often players managing other mechanics or some other factors.
    Someone sounds salty because they're not good at the game. It's okay, even though it's very easy to be above 95%, sure 70% is "good."

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Yeah... 80% is actually really good, especially considering that top %s are done with a) guilds that kill the boss super fast so that your dps has no time to drop b) special dps situations - consider a group in which nobody except 1 guy dps the adds on Mistress, that one guy would have ridiculous dps at the end because he would be constantly cleaving 4+ targets through the whole fight. Trying to compete with that in situation where adds die in 3s is impossible.
    This is not the case, kills at 3+ minutes are well beyond initial burst, and in speed kills adds die too quickly for anyone to pad on them. People legitimately queue into heroic pugs that will take forever with shitty DPS to do pad parses, but you can still easily be 99%+ without doing this, and down at 95% you have people with speed kills (far fewer adds) at lower ilvls just naturally cleaving (no absurd padding).

Yeah the requirements to join pugs these days are really over the top, it's downright ridiculous. And the funny thing about it all, is that the "over 9000' ilvl"-players are often the worst performing in a grp. They broke the whole casual and fun playstyle from the game the moment they started with gearscore and curve achi's, and it will stay that way unless something gets done against the ilvl bullshit.

I love the game, and I will keep playing it, but I'll be a very happy veteran if the whole ilvl thing gets deleted This is one of the reasons I also play other games like FF fx, waaay more friendly community, waaay less problematic to get into pug groups. And in that game, I often find myself playing with others that actually go over tactics fast, getting instakills, instead of only inviting boosted players that got high ilvl and no skills, resulting into frustrating runs

The day our dear wow community realises this will never come though

On another note: I tend to get 'smart' with leaders asking for ridiculous ilvl etc, and that actually often got me into a grp linking stuff that shows you have a working brain can also help. Not always ofc, I can imagine I'm on the ignore list of a couple of players aswell....

Deleted
    The only thing ridiculous here is your post, its so much full of bs its not even funny.

You dont like groups requring 925 to clear full TOS HC? How about you join one of these group that dont have such req? Oh I'll tell you why: because those groups that get anyone and have lowbies usually wipe on 2nd boss and when they dont wipe there they just chain wipe still on mistress. So yeah you're whining because you want to be carried and you're upset that the best groups between a good lowbie player like you and a good 925 they take the 925 one.

Its really funny to see people whine always for the same thing.

Check armory? Well, lets see... pretty much all of your posts are about PVP and DH and you often talk about kazzak realm, so your main is obviously a DH on kazzak. This guy here:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/it-it/ch...azzak/lykaboss

Is a DH that does a lot of pvp, is on kazzak, is 925 and with KJ HC ring like you said, and has your name. And guess what? No kill of KJ HC.

So yeah, please be quiet and go troll somewhere else lying noob.

PS You have KJ HC ring even without a kill because you got it from the heroic cache, yer really pathetic if you think you can fool people like this. Get a clue, and while yer at it l2p as well.
    why dont you have a look at the achievments idiot. LOL how about you go troll some more. When i killed KJ it was the day before i got the achievment and no achiev popped. I got the ring and made a ticket to a GM who the following day granted me the achievment as he confirmed the kill through logs. TBH i couldnt care less if some basement goblin doesnt believe me lmao i kill bosses till i get the loot i want then i leave them cause raiding is boring AF and why would i waste the little time i get to play wow on killing bosses that grant me no loot? . You orignally stated that im a pvp noob well look at the amount of HC kills i have this tier and last. BTW i didnt come back to legion since MOP till 7.1. Also keep in my mind my work schedule doesnt allow me to raid with my guild. EVERY raid i do has to be pugged which is extremely frustrating but i have to deal with it. I wiped many times on KJ HC because of pugs yeah im not denying that bit i DID use fake achievement and 1 shotted him in a group that was obviously a decent group and i WAS 2nd on dps meter and soaked so i wasnt just being carried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    THAT BURN !

He couldn't even kill Maiden Heroic. Green/yellow is certainly too hard.
    read previous post. no burn at all lmao and i dont need shit from maiden so why waste time killing her????
    and i raided naxx and killed thaddius many time lol extremely simple mechanic. The fact you mentioned that particular mechanic though says to me you struggle with it xD keep on trolling
    Last edited by Lykaboss; 2017-08-27 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    Start your own group? ToS is a very mechanic heavy raid. And pugs fall apart very quickly. People forming groups may want to minimize the derp.
    KJ is an insta-wipe hell for pug groups, Maiden can be tricky if people cant manage their balls.... Thats about it for "do this mechanic perfectly or wipe" bosses.

Deleted
    You know, waste of time to reply to people like lyka.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2017-08-27 at 03:47 PM.

You know, waste of time to reply to people like lyka.
    cause you got jack shit to say troll now plz stfu

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy4269 View Post
    I'm very strict when it comes to making pugs, I don't want to wipe on fights that i've cleared the week they came out. AOTC doesn't mean shit - its heroic. Just because someone has AOTC doesn't mean they are good.
    I would state that for MOST of the player base, Heroic KJ will be the end of their raiding experience if they even get him down to begin with. I understand some people had KJ heroic on farm the second it came out, but for scrubnubs like myself who ONLY pug, heroic KJ took several weeks to get down. I look around and I see 8-9 out of 10 people I inspect from ANY given stand point NOT even having the AOTC KJ, meaning they haven't killed him on their entire account.

So, I guess after my rant there: AOTC doesn't mean someone wasn't carried - but how else can you check someone out IN GAME (not using wclogs) to find out if they COULD do the fight or not - until Blizz releases an in game system like Arena rating/RBG rating etc: It's going to be hard to grab people you want other than asking for the achieve to begin with.

OT as well: I joined a Progression group for my first kill, and we got him down in 1 to 1.5 hours. Sure the group consisted of a guild, but most of the high level pugs I'm in are way better than guilds who pug people anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykaboss View Post
    cause you got jack shit to say troll now plz stfu
    Dude really? Really you keep going on?

Your logs are shit, your dps is shit, you dont even do mechanics (checked a mistress log you were bottom as hydra shot soaker LMAO), and still talk? STILL?

And still pretend you were top dps of one KJ HC kill its not even listed under your DH and that you probably bought with something on your account? Really, shut the fuck up and learn to dps cos you're beyond bad.

LMAO. And even in pvp you seem to suck, I feel bad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I would state that for MOST of the player base, Heroic KJ will be the end of their raiding experience if they even get him down to begin with. I understand some people had KJ heroic on farm the second it came out, but for scrubnubs like myself who ONLY pug, heroic KJ took several weeks to get down. I look around and I see 8-9 out of 10 people I inspect from ANY given stand point NOT even having the AOTC KJ, meaning they haven't killed him on their entire account.

So, I guess after my rant there: AOTC doesn't mean someone wasn't carried - but how else can you check someone out IN GAME (not using wclogs) to find out if they COULD do the fight or not - until Blizz releases an in game system like Arena rating/RBG rating etc: It's going to be hard to grab people you want other than asking for the achieve to begin with.

OT as well: I joined a Progression group for my first kill, and we got him down in 1 to 1.5 hours. Sure the group consisted of a guild, but most of the high level pugs I'm in are way better than guilds who pug people anyway.
    KJ HC is overtuned, I said it the first week TOS opened in another thread. Some people back then claimed that it was ok and that in few weeks people overgearing it would make it easy but truth is that even now after 11 reset one mistake will lead to a wipe, the only thing that gear changed is that if you have a 930-932ish average group you can actually recover from a little armageddon not soaked, but only if it happens in certain moments when you dont need heavy healing for something else. Blizzard should have nerfed it some honestly.

Dude really? Really you keep going on?

Your logs are shit, your dps is shit, you dont even do mechanics (checked a mistress log you were bottom as hydra shot soaker LMAO), and still talk? STILL?

And still pretend you were top dps of one KJ HC kill its not even listed under your DH and that you probably bought with something on your account? Really, shut the fuck up and learn to dps cos you're beyond bad.

LMAO. And even in pvp you seem to suck, I feel bad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

KJ HC is overtuned, I said it the first week TOS opened in another thread. Some people back then claimed that it was ok and that in few weeks people overgearing it would make it easy but truth is that even now after 11 reset one mistake will lead to a wipe, the only thing that gear changed is that if you have a 930-932ish average group you can actually recover from a little armageddon not soaked, but only if it happens in certain moments when you dont need heavy healing for something else. Blizzard should have nerfed it some honestly.
    lets have a look at your amory and logs then bigshot

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's like you woke up and said, "I feel like proving exactly what Bovinity is talking about by making an ass out of myself just like he said!"

Funny, I actually have you on ignore but when I saw your post I knew exactly what it would be, so I just had to look. You're nothing if not consistent.
    The thing is, you don't even realize that it's easy to be 95%+.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=Havoc&page=21

People from 921 to 940, from high add damage to no virtually no add damage. With UM or IC. Pure ST or people trying to AoE. Literally 3 minutes of hitting a boss and not having terrible crit RNG without dying = 95% parse. 1.4 million DPS here is easy.

Let's go look at what 70% looks like.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...Havoc&page=151

Slightly lower ilvl, but still a huge shift down in bracket percentiles. What's going on down here? You can't die on this boss, half of these logs have disconnects for no reason, and let's look at an actual direct comparison between someone here and someone at 95:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=115
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=109

What are the differences? Comparable crit rates, 10% on CS isn't going to make a 300k difference. They have similar ilvls, both are running the same legendaries. One uses CS much less often, is Fury capped at times, Felblades unnecessarily instead of using CS wasting Fury, very poorly times FOTI, and just uses fewer abilities. The other just doesn't play like shit. There's nothing exceptional happening here, there's no major timing issue, there's no big "mechanics fucked my DPS" or anything.

The further down you go, the worse the play becomes. Simple mistakes like not using GCDs, like doing stupid things like running away from the boss, even more wasting of Fury show up along with bad gear, bad legendaries, though those people still tend to get high brackets because getting a 70% overall at 910 is actually decent. If you're similar ilvl to people at 97%+ and you're pulling 70%, you're shit at this game.

This is a one-off comparison, but it's clear one of these people knows how to play the spec, the other doesn't. Let's see if it holds up as a generalization:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...tlands/delanda
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...idan/chuorange

Looks like it does. Whoops.

the one mistake that will wipe you is if you get adds just as you push 2nd intermission. thats about it, what else will wipe you, cause the armageddon isnt to bad too heal through anymore.

oh boy, it's this thread again

People require achievement because they don't feel like wiping for hours on shit they've already killed multiple times. Don't have the achievement? Make your own group.

This shit has been going on for as long as Achievements have existed.

What part of free market supply & demand do players not get? Group Finder is a free market tool; everyone is free to make whatever kind of groups they want, invite who they want, apply to whichever groups they want, ignore whichever groups they want... This is not socialized raiding; no one is obligated to help you gear up or worry whether you think life is fair... unless you join a guild. Guilds are groups of players who commit to working together, helping each other learn fights, helping each other gear up. If you want that experience, join a guild. If you insist on going solo, stop whining about free market forces.

Go in /2. Say "hey does anyone have AOTC" when they link, you link that to the group.

or start your own group.

I dunno what gets posted more. "Xpac leak" "remove LFR" or "Group had requirements" complaints.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    How am I supposed to link AOTC KJ when i cant get into any groups to get AOTC KJ? LOgic?
    Everyone with this mind set is so self centered. People aren't rejecting you specifically... They don't even know who you are. While you might be good enough, they have no way of knowing that. The fact is that there are plenty of people with aotc, to the point that they could make a requirement to have it to join and still fill the group quickly. From tgeir point of view, is a group full of people who have killed the fight or a group who hasn't more likely to succeed?

For anything being pugged in the game, groups are basically going to take the most geared/experienced group of people they can assemble in a short period of time. You are "behind the curve" currently (lol) so it just doesn't make sense for the group leader to take you when there's no shortage of more experienced people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigritte View Post
    I hope this is not serious. If it's not, I'm sorry but your guild sucks (what it's not necessarely bad if that's the same level you have). But currently have 2/9 HC means like you need next patch and overbuff yourselves to advance, which means that you are unskilled players doing in your majority grey parses.
    We mostly all parse in the blue/purple we just have a 'no more than 3 wipes' policy

There's a problem here if people have to use fake achievements to get groups...