Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    OK so people praise Vanilla like mad and the amount of stupid running around to collect things and crap for quests was HUGE.

So little bit of effort puts players off today's content, as soon as there's challenge people start whining.

I expected more somewhat. I thought we would be seeing more void things not the same old rock and fel lava landscape, navigation is indeed terrible and they managed to put all the world quests on edges making us run around like headless chickens chasin w/e. And the only thing we can expect now is more world quests for like a year... it's gonna be though.

Deleted
    oh noes, we need to *explore* to find things!
    Quick to the forum-mobile!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Except, i'm NOT talking about Azeroth. I'm talking about the HOME OF THE LEGION! ARGUS!
    Azeroth is part of the expansion Legion. YOU were talking about Legion. YOU were talking about the EXPANSION.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    This is what happens when you buy an expansion named after the BURNING FUCKING LEGION!

It's in the name, dude. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Tl,dr: People want to mindlessly complain.
    That's not even close to an accurate tl;dr

It may be a foreign concept for some people, but it is possible to like 70% of the game and dislike 25% of it, and hate 5% of it. What matters is when that person feels that it's no longer worth the money to sub. They don't need the approval of others for that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why?

Why force yourself to play a game that you clearly don't enjoy anymore and just spend countless hours whining over?

Why have an unhealthy attitude and try to force it if you have already tried countless times?

Vote with your wallet and unsub until they change the game to a manner in which you like.
    Could not have said it better myself and well yours is much better than mine and is more elegant than mine was, as I suppose it was a bit harsh but it is very true.. If someone no longer enjoys something whatever it may be it is better to move on rather than torture oneself..

I gotta say... As someone who enjoys WOW, OP actually has a point. It is a damn maze, you are forced to not use flying mounts. There arent any "open fields" anymore, I actually miss that design such as the Barrens. Blizzard makes so many damn details to the point that a small rock on a stair blocks your way to move further... Its just so damn annoying tbh, just as how Azsuna is. There are (in my opinion) too many objects that it kind of hinders my camera angles. And this is after they nerfed max camera distance (Im still pissed at blizzard cause of that).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    That's not even close to an accurate tl;dr

It may be a foreign concept for some people, but it is possible to like 70% of the game and dislike 25% of it, and hate 5% of it. What matters is when that person feels that it's no longer worth the money to sub. They don't need the approval of others for that.
    This is what I also find interesting in how some people need validation of their decision from complete strangers for reasons I suppose we will never know..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-08-31 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Rep, Ap, gear, mounts and story progression are all reason to do Argus content. People can do content for w/e reasons they like.
    I specifically was talking about trash mobs who drop silver and greys. Not quest mobs or rares.

Blizzard and many players have given reasons why they don't always want flying to be available. Including immersion, difficulty and making the content fluid. Just because you don't like the reasons doesn't mean they don't count...
    Immersion isn't objective reasoning, I've never flown a dragon IRL, so that's pretty immersive to me. Annoyance=/=Difficulty, making content "fluid" is so vague I won't even accept that. I'm saying objective reasoning on why it's better to you or others, not direct quotes from blizzard.

So yeah it is more then just "time gating" under the logic of everything being a time gate why doesn't blizzard just give use exalted rep for meeting a faction? why do we actually need to do the quests for rewards why not just give them to us? I mean we will kill them right? Everything is a time gate... we should just have infinite gold, quests should be completed from looking at them and bosses just just surrender when we enter the instance. Cause you know killing bosses and doing quests are time gates. Of course you will argue that traveling the map and doing content aren't the same thing but blizzard and players disagree (see bolded reason above).
    More or less a slippery slope fallacy. I could just as easily say "You want immersion, then you should be required to eat and sleep to stay alive and death is permanent." It's pointless commentary.

While we agree gameplay> Immersion... I do think immersion gets to have its points and not get wiped off the map of relevance. This is supposed to be a crazy invasion where we are immensely out numbered. I enjoy the crazy tough mob density compared to the disneyworld feel of a place like Tanaan (where there were clear cut areas to fight mobs and empty safety zones in between). Its not so bad that getting out of combat is impossible.
    As said about there are lots of rewards play for the ones you want.
    But the mobs in between the meaningful objectives are more or less meaningless, there is no justification for me wanting to fight them. It's not about "difficulty" it's about "time in":"reward out" ratio.

Stop accusing people of shilling just because they agree with some of blizzards choices. People are allowed to have different opinions for perfectly good reasons.
    I accuse people of being shills when I ask for their opinion and they quote blizzard instead of giving their opinion. Completely valid accusation.

You are accusing people of being shills for blizzard? Yeah he made assumptions but so are you!
    It's not an assumption when they justify their opinions by quoting blizzard or directly referencing blizzard.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-08-31 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Fascinating comment.
    Until you think about it for a split second.

Maybe not zones then, more like fractured quest hubs, like Isle of Quel'Danas x3. But they are still fine. It's still not hard to navigate.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-31 at 03:42 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Dear Blizzard,

Please hold my hand.

Sincerely,

Someone who is bad at this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love Legion, dislike Argus.

Doesn't mean I think WoW is going to implode or is going downhill or the sky is falling.

I, personally, don't like the place - it's more a massive pain in the ass than it is fun - to me.

I don't have any issue with anyone liking it or having an opinion different than mine, but this isn't 'mindless complaint' - I just don't like it, mostly because of the terrain and the chains of trash mobs. I have yet to die.. it's just not fun to me chain killing mobs that benefit me in no way at all unless they're part of a WQ.

Legion has been hands down my favorite xpac and will continue to be - this patch sucks, though. No harm in saying that or discussing it.

Maybe it gets better as the gated content opens up? I dunno - I'll find out because I'm not quitting the game, just expressing my opinion.

Some people in here need to lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

Please hold my hand.

Sincerely,

Someone who is bad at this game.
    Again, annoyance=/= difficulty. Just because blizzard made something a certain way doesn't mean it's the best possible way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Azeroth is part of the expansion Legion. YOU were talking about Legion. YOU were talking about the EXPANSION.
    Yes, I was.

And, with these zones, we have The Broken Shore, The Fel bases all around the Broken Isles, and so forth.

The ENTIRE Planet isn't the focus of the expansion, just the Isles. Sure, you can go AROUND all of Azeroth for the Artifacts and such, but that's not the Main Focus. This is. Expect Fel Areas ALL Around.

However, the MAIN Goal of this expac is to stop the Legion. And we have to stop them at ARGUS! While Argus isn't ALL of Legion, it's the main part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Again, annoyance=/= difficulty. Just because blizzard made something a certain way doesn't mean it's the best possible way to do it.
    I am an advocate for no-flying until they rework it as it's current form is outdated and doesn't work well nor makes sense. It basically removes you from game and all dangers, until they make dangerous skies and some sort of combat or something akin to it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single zone in the game should be a flat square with no interesting terrain, buildings or objects because I want to be able to auto run without running into anything ever. I need to be able to play the game while watching Netflix on the other monitor and eating takeaway.

/s

Give me one good reason why excessive mob density and no-fly time gating is objectively superior other than "blizz said so."
    No flying is in my eyes far superior design because it activates more or less the entire world. You might as well put monsters on small rocks in space if you're going to swoop down and kill a few only to take to the skies again and ignore the environment unless it has a meaningful reward for you alone. I take it you never experienced the amazing feeling of discovering searing gorge and burning steppes while walking from stormwind to ironforge for the very first time. I take it you missed the journey from Ironforge to Wetlands and when you finally gazed out over the amazing environment it was back then. I almost assume you didn't experience opening the great gate in MoP. When you enable flying you make large portions of the world meaningless, and saying that you can walk if you choose to doesn't exactly work as it's human nature to take the easier way given a choice.

Furthermore, even with bad gear it's not like you should struggle with mob density on Argus. I certainly don't on any of my characters, and a couple of them are not even at 900 equipped. There's almost always a path around them even if it's slightly longer and once you've walked it a few times you won't struggle finding it. I for one would be very surprised and disappointed if the current Legion stronghold wasn't densely populated and patrolled to the max.

Challenge without reward is meaningless. Why should I fight through the trash on Argus that drop meaningless items?

Why? No-fly is time gating, nothing more nothing less.

I'm getting sick of people assuming that the fanbase is a monolith that contradicts itself. How do you know I wanted a legion xpac? lol?

I want reasonable mob density with useful rewards on a inoffensive color palate. Kinda sounds like you shill

Assumptions and petty insults all while missing the mark. Good show.
    Why do you need to be rewarded for every single, simple thing you do? Do you not think that you might be part of the issue rather than blaming it all on the game?

If you didn't get the other points you might want to assume that I was generalizing because I'm genuinely sick of all the whine. Have some cheese with that will ya.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-08-31 at 04:00 PM.

It would be a lot better for me if the challenge were interesting instead of tedious. There are a lot more times when I feel like 'oh my god, dazed off my mount by another god damn trash pack' than times when I feel like I figured something out.

I also agree with whoever said that the terrain feels contrived. That's the exact problem I have with it. It's not that it's challenging. It's that it's arbitrarily challenging while having no logical reason to be the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I am an advocate for no-flying until they rework it as it's current form is outdated and doesn't work well nor makes sense. It basically removes you from game and all dangers, until they make dangerous skies and some sort of combat or something akin to it.
    Comes full circle to my time:reward ratio comment. The ground isn't dangerous, it's trivial, the only thing it provides is resistance to the goal. Resistance free of reward. The mobs between me and the quest/objective/dungeon/raid I'm trying to get to are almost exclusively useless and void of rewards. Why should I have to kill them? I'm the archmage and I have dragons.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-08-31 at 04:01 PM.

derp, meant to edit my earlier post.