Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Trump donates 1 million of his own money to Houston!

Not only does this great man donate his President salary but he also helps with Houston's recovery! Maybe he should charge for speeches like his Democrat friends to be able to donate more money! MAGA!

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/31/po...xas/index.html

Let's go ahead and sum up this discussion before it happens:

1. Trump donates money
    2. Someone points out if he's worth 10 billion why not donate more
    3. Another poster reminds OP that Trump has so far taken millions from taxpayers by charging to stay at his own properties (breaking the secret service budget etc...)
    4. Trump supporter calls all of that fake news

Good for him. This belongs in the hurricane/trump thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Not only does this great man donate his President salary but he also helps with Houston's recovery! Maybe he should charge for speeches like his Democrat friends to be able to donate more money! MAGA!

Error in the thread title. 'Trump to donate 1 million,' not 'Trump donates 1 million.' From the article:
    She said the President hadn't determined which organization to support.
    This is an important distinction, given that the last time Trump pledged to donate $1 million to another cause, he did so months later and only after the media pressed him on the fact that he didn't actually follow through.

I thought you were after the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

So he's paying back a tiny fraction of the money he's made from being president then?

We'll see if it happens I guess. He has... not the greatest track record when it comes to charity.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to which group, or groups, he donates to when he gets around to actually doing it -- the thread title is misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm curious to which group, or groups, he donates to when he gets around to actually doing it -- the thread title is misleading.
    Probably the "Totally not just Trump's piggybank" charity.

Oh that's right, he didn't donate to his own charity, he only spent other people's money on himself.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pocket change compared to what he's stolen from the American people during his short tenure as President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Oh that's right, he didn't donate to his own charity, he only spent other people's money on himself.
    The last time he donated money after this kind of disaster, he gave it to a hate group after handing out Play-Doh for 47 seconds.

Trump is saying he will donate $1 million to steal good PR. Actually donating the money, would be earning good PR. Wake me when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Pocket change compared to what he's stolen from the American people during his short tenure as President.
    Yea and no other President has ever done anything wrong to the people, ONLY Trump. You smawt

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post

Haters will wonder why it wasn't 2 million when they haven't donated a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Yea and no other President has ever done anything wrong to the people, ONLY Trump. You smawt
    'John stole a cookie, why won't you let me?'
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

He is probably "donating" to one of his own "charities" that will of course give a yuge 1% to some group using the rest of the proceeds to buy some statue or gold plated shit to go in Trumps piece of shit tower.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    'John stole a cookie, why won't you let me?'
    More like "John, Ellen, Jane, and Joe stole cookies. OMFG WHY DID JOHN STEAL A COOKIE? WORST ____ EVER."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I could donate a penny and still have donated more. Because this is the usual Trump play: say he'll donate, and then fail to follow through until pressed on the matter months down the line.

- - - Updated - - -

More like "John, Ellen, Jane, and Joe stole cookies. OMFG WHY DID JOHN STEAL A COOKIE? WORST ____ EVER."
    John did steal the cookie, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    I could donate a penny and still have donated more. Because this is the usual Trump play: say he'll donate, and then fail to follow through until pressed on the matter months down the line.

- - - Updated - - -

John did steal the cookie, though.
    Yes but the selective outrage at john when the others did so as well is a bit discriminatory , is it not?

The thing is, he hasnt donated a dime either. He promised to donate, so he has to follow through that
    Mods, please edit the title, it is misleading
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2017-08-31 at 09:40 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Yes but the selective outrage at john when the others did so as well is a bit discriminatory , is it not?
    Stop apologizing for criminals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stop apologizing for criminals.
    Trump is not a criminal, despite what you folks say.