Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

wellllll

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Basically Illidan is a hypocrite.

Other than that, my problem with the cinematic is, Turalyon should have killed Illidan, you can't just stop a sword with your hand, shit would have gone straight through and killed him, especially that sword.
    I mean, it's possible he slowed down the sword with his fingers enough that he could grab the sword, he did start bleeding afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    I mean, it's possible he slowed down the sword with his fingers enough that he could grab the sword, he did start bleeding afterall.
    No, it's really not.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I really liked the cutscene if for no other reason than it shines a different light on the Naaru. Instead of benevolent beings of the light that they pass themselves off as it shows that they're really just powerful mortal objects and not gods. Even with the Titans they're kinda showing that they're also not technically gods, but just nigh omnipotent beings passing themselves as gods. They can both die just like anyone else.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

No, it's really not.
    Because you know a half night elf demon combo is totally possible too. Or having your soul taken out of your body and then returned before a titan can put himself inside it.... Illidan is not on par with a normal mortal being on Azeroth or most demons. I'm pretty sure Archimonde or KJ could have easily stopped that blade with their hand. I mean hell Manny stopped an iron star with his wings....

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Most people who complain about the lore don't even know the lore. Best to just ignore most of them.
    This.
    /Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Illidan is not on par with a normal mortal being on Azeroth or most demons.
    Neither is Turalyon, a human who normally lives for >100 years is over 1000 years old, and still kicking demon ass.

Illidan should be dead or missing a hand.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexzendo View Post
    Do you know this is a discussion thread ?
    No I created a thread because I just wanted to discuss . I have been seeing lately the people who really wanted Xe'ra dead were all going emo over her . As per other people's opinion , I don't give a fuck . So , STFU about this ' people have diiferent opinions ' bullshit . Everybody knows that old dialouge which has already been said many times to me .
    OP says "I wanted to discuss"
    Next line says "As per other people's opinions, I don't give a fuck, so STFU"

Top kek, OP. Top kek.

He grabbed the metal, not the light energy, it would have and should have killed him or at the very least cut his hand off.
    I'm no sword expert, but I'm sure there's some significance in Illidan grabbing the sword by the bottom third of the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    The biggest question is this how in the hell did illidan dodge turylons attack so quick.
    He didn't? He just grabbed the sword. Either way, Turalyon is only a human. Illidan is a Night Elf who was made a DH by Sargeras himself, he absorbed the skull of the most powerful warlock to ever live and pretty much became a demon strong enough to kill Tichondrius, the leader of the nathrezim.

In other words, Turalyon wouldn't last a second in a 1v1 with Illidan. All the other paladins comparable to Turalyon are dead, Tirion was killed by Krosus, Uther by DK Arthas, and Saidan Dathrohan by Balnazzar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    I'm no sword expert, but I'm sure there's some significance in Illidan grabbing the sword by the bottom third of the blade.
    Not from a full overhead swing like what was done, it's going through at that point, it doesn't matter where you grab it unless the sword has a ricasso, which his does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just seemed so obvious to me from the beginning that there was something more to this than what we saw at face value. I can't say I'm at all surprised it went this way. I knew something was going to happen that wasn't going to lead to Illidan happily bounding across the battlefield as a night elf paladin.

Looking back in retrospect, I think this ending was definitely always intended. You can see how heavy-handed Xe'ra was at pushing this stuff on us from the beginning, and how condescending she is when speaking to us mortals. The way that half the community absolutely hated her earlier in the expansion shows that this was working! Clearly, Blizzard are setting something up here to illustrate that mortals need to fend for themselves - it doesn't matter if you use the power of the void, the power of the light, the power of the fel or the power of death. You can do good or evil with all of those things and the children of Azeroth need to be independent and free and not allow themselves to be controlled by another greater power - whether light or dark.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The purpose of the story was to show that Illidan doesn't need or want redemption and that mortals need to forge their own path instead of blindly following orders or waiting for supreme beings and prophecies to save them.

Whether they intended this to be the outcome from the start or not is another matter entirely and we'll probably never know. It could easily be a hard pivot because of the negative reaction people had to Xe'ra and the idea of Illidan being redeemed and turned into a Lightforged so and so.
    Also it lead to illidans resurrection and let us know the army of light existed
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexzendo View Post
    A while ago everybody wanted Xe'ra dead and now they are all whining about the cinematic was bad . There were fucking hundreds of threads on how Xe'ra was illogical character and how illidan shouldn't be the champion of light . Now they are like ' Illidan is a hypocrite , why did illidan reject light ? That would have been a perfect redemption for him ' and thinking of while back , they were all calling it whitewash . I really don't get why people
    are getting all emo and shit over Xe'ra's death . People are
    calling blizzard was trying to make illidan edgelord in the cinematic . I really didn't feel that way .
    I really loved the cinematic . It was a character growth for illidan . The message of the cinematic was great and it resembled a lot of what Medivh said in the end of warcraft 3 .
    I don't think that alot of people wanted Xe'ra dead, rather they complained about her plan being wierd, that her coming was very sudden and that the entire thing with Illidan was a complete recon of his identity and made little sense when you look back at TFT and TBC. So people did not want her dead, they just wanted for her to make sense.

Now the problem with her death is that it served little purpose. We knew that Illidan was edgy and a rebel, that he was nobodies pawn and is going his own way and apperantly we are supposed to be shocked that he does not want to be turned into something he does not want to be? And the death of Xe'ra had little purpose or punch. We had no idea what she could do, we had no idea what importance she had for Turalyon and the Army of Light and yet we are supp Tosed to see her death as a huge setback?

To sum up: Blizzard did a bad-to-mediocre job with the story about Xe'ra and the final of her story, while being beautiful, was wierdly empty of meaning. You say, that it was a character growth for Illidan, but what did he learn from this experience or what changed about him? Nothing really. Illidan did not change, nothing changed because of Illidans rejection or Xe'ras death. We are at the same place as we was before the entire storyline that lead up to the cinematic.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    He grabbed the metal, not the light energy, it would have and should have killed him or at the very least cut his hand off.
    Or being infused with fel energies have its perks, probably stronger skin density that can stop the sword, you know, like demons usually have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Illidan did not change, nothing changed because of Illidans rejection or Xe'ras death. We are at the same place as we was before the entire storyline that lead up to the cinematic.
    And that's basically why i was disappointed by this cinematic. In neither develops Illidan or moves plot further. These quests where Xe'ra retconned told us bunch of shit about Illidan (like him killing moonguards instead of draining them to the point of them not being able to defend themselves, or how his eye colour was oh-so-important, or how he was rejected by Cenarius due to other reasons but his own arrogance and lust for power) are all pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    The biggest question is this how in the hell did illidan dodge turylons attack so quick.
    Evasion Blur was off CD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    It appears to have a ricasso, but Illidan's hand starts bleeding anyway.

It's really hard to tell what's supposed to be sharp with Warcraft weapons, they're like giant inflatable paddles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Neither is Turalyon, a human who normally lives for >100 years is over 1000 years old, and still kicking demon ass.

Illidans demon skin seems to be quite durable, or Turalyons mental state did not allow him to properly draw on the light.

Sorry, but that whole 1k years thing makes 0 sense and cannot be applied canonically. Someone got their wires crossed. If the nether has people being out of sync with time, then the warlocks, demon hunters, and priests(and paladins by default of priest order hall) would all have had the same thing potentially happen and never should have entered the nether and yet they all did and are fine. Illidan should have been just fine. Turalyon is on par with or less than the current player paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    End of ToS Cinematic. "Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced" -Illidan.

Xe'ra cutscene. "STOP FORCING FATE ON ME!" -Illidan.
    When Illidan says "the hand of fate must be forced", he means "by me".

It's really not inconsistent at all, the phrase "forcing the hand of fate" is deliberately ironic; if you force it, it isn't "fate". Unless you subscribe to the notion that whatever happened WAS fate, by definition. Either way it's the motto of an anti-fatalist, which is what Illidan always was. And a self-centred vainglorious bastard.

P.S. That line was a direct homage back in Warcraft III, I think he said it in the first mission of the NE campaign in TFT. And I think he might've said it on other occasions as well? It's classic Illidan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Sorry, but that whole 1k years thing makes 0 sense and cannot be applied canonically.
    It's canon whether we like it or not.

Turalyon is on par with or less than the current player paladin.
    you mean the one that killed Illidan in lore, a long time ago when they were much weaker and basically just a random adventurer? Yup, so again I state: Illidan should have lost a hand at the very least.

Illidan hasn't gained any power since then, he's been alive for a couple of months at this point, if that, while we've only been getting stronger and accruing more power for years.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-01 at 05:43 AM.

you mean the one that killed Illidan in lore, a long time ago when they were much weaker and basically just a random adventurer?
    And wasn't alone doing it with other peers and Maiev on top.