Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New 7.3 Mythic 10 difficulty

I've read someone state that that didn't really scale the dungeons up that much with 7.3. Anyone have any experience / data to back this up?

Is a Mythic+ 15 (7.2.5) more difficult than a Mythic+ 10 (7.3) ???

Yes, a current 10 is comparable to a +13 from 7.2.5.

It's pretty much the same situation as the last mythic + requirement squish. Easier now, but when the requirement goes back to +15 it will be harder again (redundant and obvious but ya know).

Yea I did a +10 yesterday and it felt nothing like the previous 15's. I'd prob compare it to a +12 or +13 from 7.2.5

Deleted
    Agreed. Completed a 11 CoS today in a pug with 8 minutes to spare. Felt like a 13-14 from 7.2.5
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2017-08-30 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Vault of Wardens +11
    First Boss felt like +30? Adds are spawning below the room and continue nuking. Immun to interrupt and grip.
    Boss is evading.

Avoid the dungeon until fixed

Really doesn't feel like a 10 is 13 as some are saying. To me, it feels like 10 is still ten from before. Especially 9, it feels totally trivial given the gear we have now. For reference, I did three 18 Arcways last week (fishing for nexus / chronoshard) and we had really good groups. Most of them we one chest, but we actually 2 chest the final key I did.

This week, I did a 12 arcway and compared to those 18s it felt like I could have soloed it. I did it with a pretty poor group too. Most dps doing around 1m on bosses. Not horrible, but not impressive. That same group could NOT have completed the 18 in time, no way.
    We actually wiped twice in the spider room too because people kept aggroing extra mobs and bolstering them like crazy.
    Still easily 1 chested it though.

Right now, I think they are trying to get more people doing Mythic+ again. Considering the insane titanforging change to the weekly chest and how easy a 10 feels, it makes me think I will just continue to do 10s on a half dozen alts each week as I did the previous week.
    The only thing stopping me is getting the key, as my alts only got 4s and 5s and the only people who sign up to a 4 are people who need a 4, if you catch my drift.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Really doesn't feel like a 10 is 13 as some are saying. To me, it feels like 10 is still ten from before. Especially 9, it feels totally trivial given the gear we have now. For reference, I did three 18 Arcways last week (fishing for nexus / chronoshard) and we had really good groups. Most of them we one chest, but we actually 2 chest the final key I did.

This week, I did a 12 arcway and compared to those 18s it felt like I could have soloed it. I did it with a pretty poor group too. Most dps doing around 1m on bosses. Not horrible, but not impressive. That same group could NOT have completed the 18 in time, no way.
    We actually wiped twice in the spider room too because people kept aggroing extra mobs and bolstering them like crazy.

Right now, I think they are trying to get more people doing Mythic+ again. Considering the insane titanforging change to the weekly chest and how easy a 10 feels, it makes me think I will just continue to do 10s on a half dozen alts each week as I did the previous week.
    The only thing stopping me is getting the key, as my alts only got 4s and 5s and the only people who sign up to a 4 are people who need a 4, if you catch my drift.
    13s from before where trivial to people like you. The difference is not going to be noticeable to someone who already destroyed +10s, +13s and even +15s pre patch. Shocker, you still destroy them.

+9 is definitely far easier then a +10-12 from pre patch due to the fact you don't have to deal with fortified/tyranical. But numbers wise a +10 is nearly identical to a +13 from before the patch. Literal fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

Is 1 million dps really considered poor? I count myself lucky if I am paired with 3x 1 mil boss dps in a +15(from last week and back)

Quote Originally Posted by Probably View Post
    It's pretty much the same situation as the last mythic + requirement squish. Easier now, but when the requirement goes back to +15 it will be harder again (redundant and obvious but ya know).
    yeah first weeks might be harder but as you get raid gear itll be easy again. But a lot of ppl even non mythic raid ppl are gonna go in to antorus at like 940+ ? with legendaries upgraded go 1000 too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Is 1 million dps really considered poor? I count myself lucky if I am paired with 3x 1 mil boss dps in a +15(from last week and back)
    Well 1m is really low. I can pull 1.5-1.8m on 90sec fights with pure st. 2m dps on first boss in nel+13, 1.9m on endboss (warlock had 1.8m).

EoA +15 felt ok yesterday. With Crucible it should be faceroll already.... and when we need a +15, ilvl will go up again. Should be easy. We nearly killed endboss EOA+15 although our warlock died after 10 sec because of.... reasons (760k left). Then we killed him without bloodlust... and 1 bres left.

For a nice group +15 is already pretty easy. With Argus gear+crucible it will be faceroll.

are you pugging it? people below 1m dps in a +15 are being carried hard :/ there is no excuse for that kinda damage this late in the expansion.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    yeah first weeks might be harder but as you get raid gear itll be easy again. But a lot of ppl even non mythic raid ppl are gonna go in to antorus at like 940+ ? with legendaries upgraded go 1000 too
    In 14days you will be dealing nearly 10% more dps because of crucible...

most DPS averages 1.2-1.3 mil on average for the whole run(bosses+trash). People who cant reach that are either undergeared or do not know how to manage their cds(e.g. in a perfect world, if you run someting for 20 minutes and have a 1 minute DPS CD, you should have used that CD nearly 20 times.)

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    oh yeah i meant when it goes to 15 in a few months

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes, a current 10 is comparable to a +13 from 7.2.5.
    Maybe even easier than a 13. The 10 felt like a joke, and I had a pretty dysfunctional group for Tyrannical Cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Idk if +15 iLvls and ~1-2 Shadow/Holy traits would give 10% DPS, hmmmm...

I doubt anyone's gonna have 75 traits by the time the crucible is out. More likely everyone will be in the 63-64 range.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-08-31 at 07:03 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Its all relative based upon the groups gear/skill fight duration etc. Most of the time especially on fortified weeks the boss just dies in sub 90 seconds so dps numbers dont have time to normalize thus lead to bigger numers. On fortified weeks there are times where the 3 dps are over 2.5 million and my tank is over 1.2 million on a boss fight just due to how short the fight is. That in no way implies that once normalized we would be doing that much damage. When you get into high Tyrannical fights with 2-3 minute fight durations you will see much more normal dps numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Maybe even easier than a 13. The 10 felt like a joke, and I had a pretty dysfunctional group for Tyrannical Cathedral.

Idk if +15 iLvls and ~1-2 Shadow/Holy traits would give 10% DPS, hmmmm...

I doubt anyone's gonna have 75 traits by the time the crucible is out. More likely everyone will be in the 63-64 range.
    I dont understand how people like you think its easier than a 13..... its very simple math, hp and damage was buffed by 35%, 3 lvls = 33,1%, so a 10 is roughly 1.4% harder than 13 prepatch.
    The affixes are very easy though, which obviously makes it feel easier.

For overall damage if people are like 920+ they should definitely do that, how much will depend a lot on class and dungeon though, obviously aoe classes will have a lot higher overall than say a shadowpriest. Boss also can depend on what class you play, especially in lower difficulties where your cooldowns will be up for a large part of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    I dont understand how people like you think its easier than a 13..... its very simple math, hp and damage was buffed by 35%, 3 lvls = 33,1%, so a 10 is roughly 1.4% harder than 13 prepatch.
    The affixes are very easy though, which obviously makes it feel easier.
    I seem to have a little math Problem. Old +15 was +280% harder than base level
    New +10 is +135% harder than base level with a base level being at 1,35 compared to pre patch

New Base Level*+10 = 218% harder than old base level.

Thats a lot easier than old +15. Old +13 was 213%, old +14 245%. So by the numbers new +10 is between old +13 and old +14.

And thats what people experience.