Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    1. I haven't had trouble with the terrain, although it Argus would benefit from giving us a personal item that can recall us to the Vindicar.

2. See #1. Returning to your body is just about as tedious as anywhere else. Although this could be alleviated with flying being enabled while you're dead.
    1. once you reach revered with arugissian you can upgrade your whistle to work with the teleporters.
    2. would be abit weird, but yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh bullshit. There's nothing cool about some ship that one shots you. it's just annoying - Sure, I want to stop doing what I'm doing and huddle for 3 minutes.

It's also another example of the shit story logic being spewed out by Blizzard - they have ships that kill everyone on the ground instantly over a wide area.... and they're not 1) using them all the time and 2) not using them on Azeroth?
    Your one of the people of why the lich king pre-event was cut short, and they will never do vehicle fights anymore, that and the poeple who rage quit over the cata pre-post events
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I love the terrain. All the nooks and crannies to explore! Sad that some would prefer it be boring and flat. Guessing you also prefer Pong to most modern video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There is. Argus as a DH is completely different than Argus as a caster. Would be better to start of as a caster an then DH, the other way round will make it pretty painful.
    maybe it depends on specs but i doubt it -as warlock i have my infernal to tank for me , fire mage is mostly instant casts , BM hunter is a nuking machine too, maaaaaybe as spriest ... but i dont enjoy this class particulary anyway this expansion so its gonna be literaly last alt ill push through it.

also very basic question - do you use your order hall bodyguard ? if not its a huge mistake baring extra possible 250/300 resources per WQ

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    3. Visuals. The terrain being so dark everywhere gives no sense of variety, and sometimes makes it hard to see ledges, or holes you could fall through. The crashed Vindicar was probably my favorite place in the whole zone because there was some splash of something there to break up the grey. Even the fel lava barely makes appearances except when its time to fall into it because you stupidly went looking for a chest. They really need to add visual indicators for paths in some instances.
    Mac aree will look VERY DIFFERENT from the other two, dont you worry, it is one of the last places there is "life" on argus.
    have to remember what planet you are on man, most of the place is going to be dark rock, and fel goop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Might be a reason for that...
    Well people has complained about everything in WoW since release, so whining posts are usual. There is far more people who loves it. The difference is that people who love the things (in this case, Argus) actually are playing it and won't stop to post "Argus is wonderful". But people who hate it, will stop playing it to come to mmochamp and say "NO FLY JDFNSJDNF CANT FARM QUICK SJDNFKSNDF I HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION"

Might be a reason for that...
    People are whiny idiots who can't read maps and are navigationally deficient?

Deleted
    I enjoy the terrain of Argus. It seems that some people would prefer open empty areas of nothingness.

The areas also look awesome and there's enough variance considering those zones have been under the influence of fel for thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Mac aree will look VERY DIFFERENT from the other two, dont you worry, it is one of the last places there is "life" on argus.
    have to remember what planet you are on man, most of the place is going to be dark rock, and fel goop.
    I agree, this looks great. Do we know when Mac aree will open?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    DH - gonna try to push all alts though it over weekend to see if there is any difference.
    It definitely makes a difference. My 930 holy priest is not cutting through butter in Argus definitely. Fears, knocks back, high damage on cloth. It's not big threat, but it's not a pleasant experience definitely.

Oh my god, this is the 50th "I hate Argus" thread i've seen in this god damn forum.

Someone make a Megathread of this shit, then i'll make an "I love Argus" Megathread to go, with it.

Deleted
    since wod the map design in terms of gameplay has always been kinda sketchy. probably some newer guys on the job. and hopefully they can learn for the future.
    when you make maps that are not for flying for quite some time, then it shouldn't feel like that the map is designed for flying. most of the vanilla maps show how no flying zones should be designed. i also don't get why they have to have so much vertically in these modern maps. give me something flat for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    Well people has complained about everything in WoW since release, so whining posts are usual. There is far more people who loves it. The difference is that people who love the things (in this case, Argus) actually are playing it and won't stop to post "Argus is wonderful". But people who hate it, will stop playing it to come to mmochamp and say "NO FLY JDFNSJDNF CANT FARM QUICK SJDNFKSNDF I HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION"
    Have you seen the official forums? The amount of annoyed people is at a rather high level. Even Tanaan didn't get this amount of complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Sure, it's not ideal and I'd rather have variety rather than fel everywhere, but I can agree with Adaren here. Argus feels haunting and along with the music, you can immerse yourself and feel that you're actually in a different world. I constantly check my World quest list on Argus to see if there is any good WQ so I can finally return there as I have nothing to do there atm now that I'm waiting for more quests to unlock and eventually the dungeon.
    Really? I'll never go there again, no matter the quests. It's by far the worst zone in any MMO I've ever played.

I don't get all the complaints about navigation, I see it coming up a lot, but I don't have any issues at all.

What I dislike about Argus, at least with Krokuun and the wastes is that they're the same bland design we've seen a few times already this expansion and to a less extent in tanaan jungle with warlords.

Deleted
    Really? I'll never go there again, no matter the quests. It's by far the worst zone in any MMO I've ever played.

Like I said, while Argus is fine (to me), I'd rather have other kind of zones. I just recently was going to do a few runs of Stormstout Brewery, had no flying in Pandaria yet, and riding through beautiful zones such as Valley of the Four Winds really made me miss those kinds of zones. Just open landscape and a vast world, immersive and beautiful music. I really hope the next expansion will go back to having this kind of a zone and music (while the music in Legion is good, there seem to not be many ambient music except in Argus).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a broken f**king planet, what the hell do you expect?

Good lord you people are so incredibly annoying.

I guess bashing Argus is the new trend 'eh?

At least it stopped the fake leaks for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I enjoy the terrain of Argus. It seems that some people would prefer open empty areas of nothingness.

The areas also look awesome and there's enough variance considering those zones have been under the influence of fel for thousands of years.
    You know, for many people open areas of nothingness are the epitome of a zone bare of all life (even if some times the first impression is deceiving, like with life in the desert). To see only sand, or only snow, or only bare stones for miles and miles and nothing else, this is what a truly dead world is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matija View Post
    I agree, this looks great. Do we know when Mac aree will open?
    Next week.
    next week mac'aree opens, the other 2 sentinax abilities, and some more world quests on korkun.
    week after that more on mac'aree, and i think a few on antoris open aswell. we alos get the new dungeon and netherlight crucible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    For me the issue is I can't find a reason yet to do Argus WQ:s, I'd do them only when a Emissary is up there. Argus factions miss the crucial "Daily Emissary" similar to Legionfall War Supplies which you can grind out whenever you feel like and WQ's are up.

There is Veiled Argunite (smth) but if you are a heroic/mythic raider it feels more like a catchup mechanic for alts than reliable "source of loot". Maybe just a personal issue, but it's still an issue.

Somehow I always did Legionfall War Supply Emissaries whenever possible, even when that was even less reliable source of loot. In hope of random Legendaries, I guess..
    The whistle that allows you to teleport to the nearest teleporter from arguassian reach
    the reuseable augment rune...
    there was another important thing from arguassian reach.. cant remember what though

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The biggest issue with Argus is that it's cluttered with mobs, even on the roadways. A staple of MMO games (even WoW in the earlier days) was that if you stick to the road, you will be safe, but if you venture off the road, you're in danger.

It feels like mobs are just scattered all over the area for no reason whatsoever. You can ride thru any location and there will be 7-8 mobs that aggro (many of which you can't even see because they blend in with the dark color of the terrain). There should just be areas to travel to in order to hunt and complete quests, with the road connecting said areas relatively free of mobs (similar to tanaan jungle).

I'm not saying there should be no danger, i get it, it's the legion homeworld. However, it just seems tons of mobs are just scattered randomly throughout the area for no reason other than to be annoying. If anything, reduce the quantity of mobs and increase their difficulty, so that i'm not always fighting 5-6 mobs everytime i aggro something.
    It is a poorly designed road based on mob placement, density, respawn rate as well as questing areas. Throw in the badly designed terrain and in game map that isn't good.. and the rewards are very lackluster. Not a good sign so far....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    You know, for many people open areas of nothingness are the epitome of a zone bare of all life (even if some times the first impression is deceiving, like with life in the desert). To see only sand, or only snow, or only bare stones for miles and miles and nothing else, this is what a truly dead world is.
    Well a world with snow would be a world with water ,not really "dead" just... frozen
    this world is covered in bare stone and sand, you seem to be unable to look at the ground. the reason it is not flat is because of the MASSIVE EXPLOSIONS going off on it constantly.