Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Yes I am sure the mean Trump man made that cop do that.

Come on, this subject isn't even related to Trump. Should get that obsession checked out.
    No, but Trump's actions show support for this kind of behavior, which empowers assholes to do as they please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    No, but Trump's actions show support for this kind of behavior, which empowers assholes to do as they please.
    Bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    I agree that resisting arrest never goes well. That said being upset about potentially facing a strip search, having to deal with a lawyer, incarceration for an undetermined amount of time (especially for someone with obligations) seems warranted. It'd be different if she had planned to make a stand that day and should be prepared for arrest but she didn't and wasn't.
    That ER now is short staff. Is not that great?

What in the actual fuck? Even if her refusal was wrong, which it's not, that doesn't warrant arresting her. Just get another fucking nurse to do it. This cop will lose his job, and the nurse will get rich. MURCA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Not very surprising. Peoples rights in Trumps America mean nothing, just as he showed with the Arpaio pardon.
    The only time Democrats see something through a lens that is not race based, they use the Trump lens instead. There is a term for blaming everything on on man, when he factually has nothing to do with it: Conspiracy Theory.

This seems like an incredibly anti-cop biased article. The title seems to be a straight up lie after reading the article. Nowhere in the article does it say that the blood draw would have been a breach of constitutional rights. It's just a policy. Who knows, maybe the hospital's policy was illegal? Right now I'm leaning towards 'not enough info.' Him arresting her might have been the right move if she was impeding an investigation, but again, I don't know if the nurse was following the law or not.

Edit: nvm, the OP has the bullshit lie title, not the article. Still don't know if the policy follows the law or not though.

Bit of a stretch.
    Pardoning Joe Arpaio proves otherwise.

Excusing the behavior of Bigots because "there were nice people as well" proves otherwise. (even if you were to argue that he was talking about Antifa as well and not just Nazis, doesn't change the fact he was excusing assholish behavior)

Not immediately and quite loudly rebuking David Duke proves otherwise.

The rise of groups doing the Nazi salute and chanting "Heil Trump!" proves otherwise.

Fuck, the Ticki Torch... whatever you want to call it, had White Men DRESSING UP AS TRUMP IN HIS GOLF OUTFIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    If she's black expect the entire city to burn down :/
    It's fucking Utah, you think a bunch of Mormons care about a black woman?

7+ Year Old Account
    Pardoning Joe Arpaio proves otherwise.

Excusing the behavior of Bigots because "there were nice people as well" proves otherwise. (even if you were to argue that he was talking about Antifa as well and not just Nazis, doesn't change the fact he was excusing assholish behavior)

Not immediately and quite loudly rebuking David Duke proves otherwise.

The rise of groups doing the Nazi salute and chanting "Heil Trump!" proves otherwise.

Fuck, the Ticki Torch... whatever you want to call it, had White Men DRESSING UP AS TRUMP IN HIS GOLF OUTFIT.
    If you say so. Although if you live in Canada, why do you care?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Assuming she wasn't a minority then yes
    If you'd read the article you would have seen she was white

If you say so. Although if you live in Canada, why do you care?
    1) I have friends and/or family who live in the US, of various demographics
    2) Canada is a very close ally to the US, so policies do effect us
    3) Because the bullshit Trump has sparked and encouraged is spilling into Canada

4) BECAUSE I FUCKING CARE ABOUT PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

"At about 2 p.m. on July 26, Gray was driving a semi north on State Road 89/91 near Sardine Canyon when a man fleeing from the Utah Highway Patrol crashed a pickup truck into him head-on, according to Logan police, who investigated the collision."

Reads to me that the guy wasn't on duty, just driving around minding his own business when this guy who was fleeing from other police plowed into him. He wasn't involved in the chase.
    I'm not saying he was involved with the chase. I'm saying Utah's supreme court said police have a responsibility to think of other people (including the fleeing person, let alone bystanders-this is what the link was for) when engaging in a high speed chase. They didn't follow the supreme courts orders and were looking to catch that guy on drugs to rid themselves of any responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

1) I have friends and/or family who live in the US, of various demographics
    Figure out who you're responding to and realize what they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    This seems like an incredibly anti-cop biased article. The title seems to be a straight up lie after reading the article. Nowhere in the article does it say that the blood draw would have been a breach of constitutional rights. It's just a policy. Who knows, maybe the hospital's policy was illegal? Right now I'm leaning towards 'not enough info.' Him arresting her might have been the right move if she was impeding an investigation, but again, I don't know if the nurse was following the law or not.

Edit: nvm, the OP has the bullshit lie title, not the article. Still don't know if the policy follows the law or not though.
    According to the article which includes links to case law (which I, admittedly have not checked): “implied consent” has not been the law in Utah since 2007, and the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2016 that the Constitution permits warrantless breath tests in drunken-driving arrests, but not warrantless blood tests." And since the patient was unconscious nor under arrest, there appears to be no legal ground for obtaining the blood draw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    It's fucking Utah, you think a bunch of Mormons care about a black woman?
    How about let's not be inflammatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Figure out who you're responding to and realize what they are.
    Care to enlighten me? I'm not familiar with specific people on MMO-Champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shocking, a cop not caring about the law and cuffing a person for refusing to do what they are legally allowed to do. The cop should be facing kidnapping and assault charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Lucky woman. She's about to make bank.

He exploded after being told 'no' by her supervisor, telling him he was making a huge mistake by threatening to arrest a nurse for just doing her job. What a pathetic man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    He exploded after being told 'no' by her supervisor, telling him he was making a huge mistake by threatening to arrest a nurse for just doing her job. What a pathetic man.
    These dumb, cocksucking fascists hate being told no. It just wrecks their whole authority trip.

Well someone just won the lottery without even playing.

Homophobia is so gay.

I'm equally pissed off that no one immediately tried to help her by pulling the cop off or otherwise get in his way.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2017-09-02 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm equally pissed off that no one immediately tried to help her by pulling the cop off.
    That could be counted as assaulting an officer of the law.

Better to let her be arrested and deal with him later.