Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yet another lore mistake by Blizzard :rolleyes: *possible spoiler*

I saw someone point out in other thread how they just went back and forth with Illidan with the whole "the hand of the fate must be forced" in 7.2.5, and now "my destiny is my own" in 7.3.

When it comes to that one, you can say Illidan is just a hypocrite. Well, how about this one.

This is a post from the vid "Hatuun says go andkeep my family safe and shit.After velen returns to argus hatuun says you turn your back against your people.Fcking masterpiece lol".

Did they give up on the lore or wut?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Hatuun thought they would come back for the others or to save their world? He didnt think it'd take 25.000 years for it to happen. Ofc one would be bitter if this is the case.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post

This is a post from the vid "Hatuun says go andkeep my family safe and shit.After velen returns to argus hatuun says you turn your back against your people.Fcking masterpiece lol".

There is a good chance his family was not among the saved many of them died. It is even mentioned that Velen begged the naaru on the ship to take more people but they simply started up the engines and left them.

Deleted
    25 thousand years is plently of time to start doubting and become bitter of everything.

Well if you look at people emotionally they all deal with the situation.

Most likely Hatuun was hopeful, then went into denial and as time went on his hope faded, he was cut off from the light and he became angered then bitter.

25,000 years is a long time to be annoyed about the situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There is a good chance his family was not among the saved many of them died. It is even mentioned that Velen begged the naaru on the ship to take more people but they simply started up the engines and left them.

This here ^ is a good point. Hatuun wouldn't know this and may think Velen just left them.

Plus, I think Illidan reaffirms his 'The hand of fate must be forced' with the decision to not let a certain destiny be forced upon him. He acts according to his own plans. His plan on Kil'jaeden's ship is: make the forces of Azeroth attack Argus right now because they have to and everyone saying otherwise be damned. Fate said go to Argus anyway, but maybe not... so suddenly and maybe not at that point in time, but he wanted it then and there and so he forced it. Because it fit into his own plan, not because something or someone said it was destiny. His plan on the Vindicaar is still the same, but just as on Kil'jaeden's ship he wants to do it on his own terms, not on Xe'ras.
    He'd be a hypocrit if he suddenly gave up on his own plans and his own vision of what to do.

Apart from that, he is not the first one to tell us that the mortals must forge their own path. We heard it from Medivh in WC3, we heard it from Alexztrasza in Cata, we heard it from Khadgar in Legion and now again from Illidan in Legion.
    And at least since we saw Algalon and got to know about the whole Re-origination-thing we should have also known for ourselves. If mortals want wo live, they have to fight their own fight. Sometimes against shadow, sometimes against demons and sometimes even against the forces of the light. And sometimes they may seek them out for an alliance against one of the others.

I am really liking this new portrayal of Velen. Ever since his introduction in BC he's been this infallible, perfect holy being who's selflessly led the Draenei to safety.

Now we're discovering not only was he a coward and blindly faithful to beings of questionable morality, he did in fact turn his back on MANY of the Eredar and only led the Eredar who followed his belief system to safety from the Legion. (Granted, this WAS a decision forced upon him by the Naaru)

He's coming across as less of an alien Jesus and more of an alien selective chooser based on religion. Maybe he's had 10,000 years of atonement since then, but Illidan was right that he was a runner and coward and no fighter whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I am really liking this new portrayal of Velen. Ever since his introduction in BC he's been this infallible, perfect holy being who's selflessly led the Draenei to safety.

Now we're discovering not only was he a coward and blindly faithful to beings of questionable morality, he did in fact turn his back on MANY of the Eredar and only led the Eredar who followed his belief system to safety from the Legion. (Granted, this WAS a decision forced upon him by the Naaru)

He's coming across as less of an alien Jesus and more of an alien selective chooser based on religion. Maybe he's had 10,000 years of atonement since then, but Illidan was right that he was a runner and coward and no fighter whatsoever.
    He wasn't a coward. He was in a shit situation and made a hard decision.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    His actions were exact opposite of "victory or death" and exact opposite of the Army of the Light's motive. Questing in Krakuun the Army is all about fighting back hard or die trying. Velen chose to retreat with his life. Yeeeahh, he did save the Eredar that followed his prophecy, but he didn't do anything to make a stand. Just chose running and hiding.

Its easy to see why many of Warcraft's more vindictive people and factions dislike him. He isn't a bad guy, he isn't evil at all, just a coward. Had war against the Legion been declared on Argus (Was it, btw?) and had any surviving Eredar commanders of that war (Hatuun) saw what Velen did, he'd be no doubt charged with the war crime of desertion.

His only saving grace from being a war deserter was his logical conclusion that they stood literally zero chance against the Legion. Having only known this from the Naaru.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's not a coward, he just didn't decide what to do for himself, he listened to an outside force that is proven to have its own agenda and own end game goal. He didn't make the call to save his people, he abandoned them because an outside force told him too.

OP:
    He probably expected them to come back sooner or not really just straight up leave..I don't know. But either way I would be pissed if I fought staying alive on a planet that wanted me dead for thousands of years watching my kin get turned into abominations, it would change your views on alot of things and alot of choices you made when you probably expected death when you choose to stay to give others a fighting chance. But to remain, always and still fighting for thousands of years while basically forgotten
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-09-01 at 10:07 PM.

It's been 25,000 years. I'd be pissed too.

Velen is an intergalactic pussy. Never forget.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Arthas in first half WC3: "For the Light!"

Arthas in second half of WC3: "All living must obey me!"

EXPLAIN THIS BLIZZARD!!! YET ANOTHER LORE MISTAKE WTF

What the hell are you even talking about.

that animation is bad
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    that animation is bad
    It's an in-game cutscene so it's not high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    that is not what the hell i meant.
    the talking animation is total shit.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

stop saying retarded shit, the animation is god awful did you look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to all other cut scenes for Argus, it's completely terrible. But since it's not in game yet, it is likely unfinished and may be much better on live.

Hatuun probably should have died, but he didn't. He survived for 25k years and in that time he had to live on the most fel saturated world in the universe, while him and the survivors were hunted and enslaved. He probably was extremely bitter to see mister shiny robes still looking like the beautiful Eredar that he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    stop saying retarded shit, the animation is god awful did you look at it.
    I thought that too. It seemed like a shitty machinima from 10 years ago, but I think the other cutscenes make up for it.

maybe Velen didn't have the chance to take hatun family or they died from the attack before the naru saved them